Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama's Courage?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 27 Replies

(american digest. org)

obamaladen22.jpg

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abaco
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floor

PamR
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM
5 moms liked this

He gave the order.  He has said over and over again that the seals who exeuted the raid are the real heroes.

Get over it.

toddler tantrum

asfriend
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this

What he actually said was:

I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I - then he got confused and said eye, eye, eye, eye wait i mean I I I I I I, Bush was bad!

Quoting PamR:

He gave the order.  He has said over and over again that the seals who exeuted the raid are the real heroes.

Get over it.

toddler tantrum

imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

*snip

Gutsy? Really? Let's review. Here's the "guts" it takes.

You knock off from a round of golf and make your way -- surrounded by armed guards -- into a building that sits at the center of a concentric series of defensive rings involving armor, artillery, the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines of the United States of America. Did I mention that your house, among many other things known and unknown, has a Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Missile System installed on the roof?

Going from the golf course to your home, you exist in a bubble of protection formed by some of the finest, most highly trained and heavily armed whoremongers in the history of the world. Your personal automobile is nicknamed "The Beast" and cannot be penetrated by an anti-tank missile. In addition it "is perfectly sealed against biochemical attacks and has its own oxygen supply and firefighting system built into the trunk. Unseen at a glance are two holes hidden inside the lower part of the vehicle's front bumper, which are able to emit tear gas."

Once "at home" -- in what is risibly called "The People's House" -- you take a little stroll surrounded by your guards down to the Situation Room in the basement. There a bunch of people will keep tabs on "your" take-down of Bin Laden through one of the most sophisticated global communications systems in the world. You take your seat in the corner like Little Jack Horner, and sort of hunch over while an admiral of the US Navy turns on a large screen TV and you watch whatever happens to come over the net.

When the TV show put on for you is over you knock off for the rest of the day and go upstairs for some refreshments. Then it's time to make an announcement and to begin to preen around the world. Your acolytes will abase themselves without shame. You will brag without shame.

On the far side of the world, Seal Team Six -- the men that got aboard the helicopters, rode them into a hostile nation at night, crashed one, ran into a building and shot the world's most wanted man dead and then got out -- will be, I trust, relaxing with a beer or two.

Quoting PamR:

Get over it.

toddler tantrum

_Kissy_
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Ah yes, the rev is taking notes zilla.
Thanks for the contribution to dumbing down of america. Always count on ya
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

You knock off from a round of golf and make your way -- surrounded by armed guards -- into a building that sits at the center of a concentric series of defensive rings involving armor, artillery, the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines of the United States of America. Did I mention that your house, among many other things known and unknown, has a Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Missile System installed on the roof?

Going from the golf course to your home, you exist in a bubble of protection formed by some of the finest, most highly trained and heavily armed whoremongers in the history of the world. Your personal automobile is nicknamed "The Beast" and cannot be penetrated by an anti-tank missile. In addition it "is perfectly sealed against biochemical attacks and has its own oxygen supply and firefighting system built into the trunk. Unseen at a glance are two holes hidden inside the lower part of the vehicle's front bumper, which are able to emit tear gas."

Once "at home" -- in what is risibly called "The People's House" -- you take a little stroll surrounded by your guards down to the Situation Room in the basement. There a bunch of people will keep tabs on "your" take-down of Bin Laden through one of the most sophisticated global communications systems in the world. You take your seat in the corner like Little Jack Horner, and sort of hunch over while an admiral of the US Navy turns on a large screen TV and you watch whatever happens to come over the net.

When the TV show put on for you is over you knock off for the rest of the day and go upstairs for some refreshments. Then it's time to make an announcement and to begin to preen around the world. Your acolytes will abase themselves without shame. You will brag without shame.

On the far side of the world, Seal Team Six -- the men that got aboard the helicopters, rode them into a hostile nation at night, crashed one, ran into a building and shot the world's most wanted man dead and then got out -- will be, I trust, relaxing with a beer or two.

awwwww.  Chaps your hide, doesn't it? If Bush had managed to do this, there would have been a massive simultaneous orgasm among conservatives, followed by declaration of a national holiday.  Get. over. it.

It's unfortunate that you can't see past your own partisanship to recognize that for any president to make a call like this, was certainly hard, knowing that the outcome could certainly not have been a success. 

Stop whining about it.  The good news is that bin Laden is dead.  Good for all of us.  Just as it would have been if a republican president had made the call to kill him and had been successful.

imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM

This, coming from someone who is so frightened by the manufactured "War on Women"...she thinks substituting the word fallopian for Scripture is clever and witty. D'oh! The rev is watching. LOL

Quoting _Kissy_:

Ah yes, the rev is taking notes zilla.
Thanks for the contribution to dumbing down of america. Always count on ya

imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

LOL. No chapping or whining, sorry to disappoint. stick out tongue mini

Quoting PamR:

Quote:

awwwww.  Chaps your hide, doesn't it? If Bush had managed to do this, there would have been a massive simultaneous orgasm among conservatives, followed by declaration of a national holiday.  Get. over. it.

It's unfortunate that you can't see past your own partisanship to recognize that for any president to make a call like this, was certainly hard, knowing that the outcome could certainly not have been a success. 

Stop whining about it.  The good news is that bin Laden is dead.  Good for all of us.  Just as it would have been if a republican president had made the call to kill him and had been successful.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

LMAO..as for praising gwb if it was him umm actually no i'd still think him giving an 'ok' doesn't make him some kind of hero.By any means! Our troops are the winners here period.I have always thought too (when gwb was president too) that getting Osama amounts to not all that much because there are many more like minded out there to go.I am not into praising someone else over what is actually done by our troops.I wouldn't care if it was the fattest con around who gave the order.

PamR
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Not disappointed - just saddened to see how the partisanship in our country's politics makes people so unable to see that even a president you disagree with, can do something that is good for all of us.  But it's par for the course.

Quote:

LOL. No chapping or whining, sorry to disappoint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN