Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama hasn't apologized for bullying and assaulting young girl in school (from his book)

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM
  • 96 Replies
4 moms liked this

(via @adambaldwin) Scare quotes deliberate: for all I know, ‘Coretta’ is a composite ofthree or four African-American girls that President Barack Obama bullied as a kid.

“I’m not her boyfriend!” I shouted. I ran up to Coretta and gave her a slight shove; she staggered back and looked up at me, but still said nothing. “Leave me alone!” I shouted again. And suddenly Coretta was running, faster and faster, until she disappeared from sight. Appreciative laughs rose around me. Then the bell rang, and the teachers appeared to round us back to class.

No wonder Barack Obama underpays women who work for him. He’s been carefully taught to treat ‘em that way.

Moe Lane (crosspost)

PS: Oh, I’m sorry: was that unfair? Let me keep repeating this: the Left will not win a “Whose candidate is weirder?” contest. Also: Obama staffers need to read their candidate’s own books before they try to pass scary stories about Romney to the mainstream press. Because while Barack Obama may have meant that passage to be about how racism (“Coretta’s” description was perhaps slightly… stereotypical) informed his upbringing, it reads just as easily as being an account of How I Learned To Push Women Around And Never Suffer The Consequences.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyCondo
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Was there a point here?

_Kissy_
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Bullied? Sounds like he was the one being messed with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like this may have happened around kindergarten, if he was upset at being called someone's boyfriend.

Is there a difference between a 6 year old (not saying anyone should shove or bully, fyi) pushing a classmate because he is mad that he was called her boyfriend, and a college man holding down another man and cutting his hair off?  Because that is apparently the point of this post - to compare the two incidents?

Elle.tea.22
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Everyone's mean or a brat at some point, being a jerk once or twice does not a bully make. In that case my soldiers must think I'm a bully :P
lga1965
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL, don't most boys treat girls like that in school? I remember it well---in fact one kid who actually had a crush on me was the one who pushed me and konked me on the head with a book. Of course I usually pushed him back.big smile mini

I have a feeling that growing up and maturing made the kid  more polite and aware of the mistakes he made as a little kid.

And Obama looks like a man who respects women now that he is a grownup and no longer being stupid on the school playground.

This is a non-issue. As usual. But I hope it made you happy when you posted it. Hehehe.

Abaco
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

What a BULLY !

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I wonder why the author of the posted blog didn't include the rest of text?  You know, the entire context?

Like, he was 10 years old.  They were playing and the other kids chanted that he had a girlfriend.  And that he felt horrible about being cruel afterwards.

I wonder why none of that was included?

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Lol..this incident is a composite of different people ..not a true event

Desperate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Follow the link in the story. It takes you to the page from the book.

http://thetalkofthetimes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/screen-shot-2012-05-10-at-11-55-46-am.png

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I wonder why the author of the posted blog didn't include the rest of text?  You know, the entire context?

Like, he was 10 years old.  They were playing and the other kids chanted that he had a girlfriend.  And that he felt horrible about being cruel afterwards.

I wonder why none of that was included?

asfriend
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM
like obama's life

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Lol..this incident is a composite of different people ..not a true event

Desperate

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN