Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama hasn't apologized for bullying and assaulting young girl in school (from his book)

(via @adambaldwin) Scare quotes deliberate: for all I know, ‘Coretta’ is a composite ofthree or four African-American girls that President Barack Obama bullied as a kid.

“I’m not her boyfriend!” I shouted. I ran up to Coretta and gave her a slight shove; she staggered back and looked up at me, but still said nothing. “Leave me alone!” I shouted again. And suddenly Coretta was running, faster and faster, until she disappeared from sight. Appreciative laughs rose around me. Then the bell rang, and the teachers appeared to round us back to class.

No wonder Barack Obama underpays women who work for him. He’s been carefully taught to treat ‘em that way.

Moe Lane (crosspost)

PS: Oh, I’m sorry: was that unfair? Let me keep repeating this: the Left will not win a “Whose candidate is weirder?” contest. Also: Obama staffers need to read their candidate’s own books before they try to pass scary stories about Romney to the mainstream press. Because while Barack Obama may have meant that passage to be about how racism (“Coretta’s” description was perhaps slightly… stereotypical) informed his upbringing, it reads just as easily as being an account of How I Learned To Push Women Around And Never Suffer The Consequences.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, and leaves out that he was 10 years old and felt horrible for a long time after that. 

Why?

I mean, are 10 year old boys normally very kind to girls when they are being teased on a playground for having a girlfriend? 

Or, is this just a poor attempt at a tit-for-tat against the story that Romney may have committed a hate crime against a gay student in prep school?  Would you like him to find little Coretta now and apologize? 

Do the two incidents remotely compare in your eyes?

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Follow the link in the story. It takes you to the page from the book.

http://thetalkofthetimes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/screen-shot-2012-05-10-at-11-55-46-am.png

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I wonder why the author of the posted blog didn't include the rest of text?  You know, the entire context?

Like, he was 10 years old.  They were playing and the other kids chanted that he had a girlfriend.  And that he felt horrible about being cruel afterwards.

I wonder why none of that was included?

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, an apology would be more appropriate than exploiting the incident by putting it in a book in order to make millions of dollars.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Yes, and leaves out that he was 10 years old and felt horrible for a long time after that. 

Why?

I mean, are 10 year old boys normally very kind to girls when they are being teased on a playground for having a girlfriend? 

Or, is this just a poor attempt at a tit-for-tat against the story that Romney may have committed a hate crime against a gay student in prep school?  Would you like him to find little Coretta now and apologize? 

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

http://thetalkofthetimes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/screen-shot-2012-05-10-at-11-55-46-am.png

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I wonder why the author of the posted blog didn't include the rest of text?  You know, the entire context?

Like, he was 10 years old.  They were playing and the other kids chanted that he had a girlfriend.  And that he felt horrible about being cruel afterwards.

PamR
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

Yes, an apology would be more appropriate than exploiting the incident by putting it in a book in order to make millions of dollars.

Because that's why people bought the book.  To read about how he pushed Coretta on the playground when he was 10.  Yep.

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on May. 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
If you read the entire excerpt it clearly shows a group of boys teasing a young child(Obama). He retaliates when the girl does not agree with him that they are not boyfriend girlfriend. I hardly think this can be construed as bullying.
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Ok, so you'd like him to personally find Coretta and apologize, or is an interview on a radio show to "anyone" was hurt by it, he's sorry acceptable?

Would you like every grown man who was cruel to another child when he was 10 to do so?

Should he have left this portion out of his book, when it's actually a pretty important event in his life as he realizes how others expect him to behave, and why he began to spend more time with his grandparents? 

Is a 10 year old boy shoving a little girl and telling her to leave him alone on the playground the same thing as acting with a group of other teens and pre-teens to hold a boy down and forcibly cut his hair the same thing?

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Why?

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

lga1965
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

He is being honest, not covering up , and it seems to me he feels bad about it even though it is pretty much typical of boys in grade school. He isn't pretending to be perfect, or pretending to be a "saint" like some people.I wouldn't call it "exploiting". He isn't proud of it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Why?

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you ladies even reading what you are writing here???

"he feels bad about it"

"He retaliates when the girl does not agree with him"

"Bullied? Sounds like he was the one being messed with."

So it's okay because someone else made him mad? It doesn't count because he felt bad? Ladies, when we hear a woman say these things about her husband, it's called battered wife syndrome. I am ashamed that you would try to justify this in any way rather than just saying it was wrong. Shame on you all.

LIMom1105
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Since you seem to keep missing the point, I will write it again, HE WAS 10! 10 years old. This is a ridiculous post.

Frankly, I am not that interested in name calling Obama or Romney did in elementary school or HS. Kids say stupid things.
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

To serve the OP's purpose it can....and her minions won't read it...just act like they know all about it...

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

If you read the entire excerpt it clearly shows a group of boys teasing a young child(Obama). He retaliates when the girl does not agree with him that they are not boyfriend girlfriend. I hardly think this can be construed as bullying.

Ireallydontcare
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM

huh? and I am a Conservative Republican who will never vote for Obama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)