Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama hasn't apologized for bullying and assaulting young girl in school (from his book)

(via @adambaldwin) Scare quotes deliberate: for all I know, ‘Coretta’ is a composite ofthree or four African-American girls that President Barack Obama bullied as a kid.

“I’m not her boyfriend!” I shouted. I ran up to Coretta and gave her a slight shove; she staggered back and looked up at me, but still said nothing. “Leave me alone!” I shouted again. And suddenly Coretta was running, faster and faster, until she disappeared from sight. Appreciative laughs rose around me. Then the bell rang, and the teachers appeared to round us back to class.

No wonder Barack Obama underpays women who work for him. He’s been carefully taught to treat ‘em that way.

Moe Lane (crosspost)

PS: Oh, I’m sorry: was that unfair? Let me keep repeating this: the Left will not win a “Whose candidate is weirder?” contest. Also: Obama staffers need to read their candidate’s own books before they try to pass scary stories about Romney to the mainstream press. Because while Barack Obama may have meant that passage to be about how racism (“Coretta’s” description was perhaps slightly… stereotypical) informed his upbringing, it reads just as easily as being an account of How I Learned To Push Women Around And Never Suffer The Consequences.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
emeraldangel20
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

reach much?

i refuse to believe romney doesn't remember. he does. he just doesn't want to look like a bad guy.

obama was 10 years old. whoever pointed out this incident sure is reaching FAR to make him look bad if he's got to bring up an incident where the man hadn't even hit puberty yet.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

I don't know who is saying to get over Romney's incident?

Another point of view might be...

Young Romney participated with some other boys in bullying of another boy. He says he doesn't remember but apologizes.

Young Obama out of anger for being teased by some other boys takes it out on a little girl, remembers it, doesn't apologize but writes a book, exploits the incident and makes millions.

Just another perspective

Quoting emeraldangel20:

this is funny though, in a very sick, hypocritical way.

Romney: bullies kid in HIGH SCHOOL. "aw he was young, get over it." claims he doesn't remember

Obama: pushes girl down at the age of ten, owned up to that in a book he wrote, and he should never live it down.

Citygirlk
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM
There is a huge difference between shoving some one at 10 because you didnt like what they said about you than doing it at 16. With that being said obama was 10 and shoved a girl, romney was 16 pushed a guy into the ground and cut off his hair which one do you think is worse? And yes I am making excueses for him because he was 10 thats what 10 year old boys do at that age they think girls are gross, I mean have you seen little rascials?

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

And Mitt Romney was only 16 when he participated in a prep school incident where a group of boys allegedly cut another boys hair. Are you making excuses for his behavior because he was a kid?

Quoting Citygirlk:

Omg he was 10 get over it.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Are you ladies even reading what you are writing here???

"he feels bad about it"

"He retaliates when the girl does not agree with him"

"Bullied? Sounds like he was the one being messed with."

So it's okay because someone else made him mad? It doesn't count because he felt bad? Ladies, when we hear a woman say these things about her husband, it's called battered wife syndrome. I am ashamed that you would try to justify this in any way rather than just saying it was wrong. Shame on you all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Maybe he was trying to talk about the mistakes he made in his life. If he didnt put this in his book and people found out about it later on you will still be critizing him. Hate the guy for his politics not for his poor choices as a 10 years old.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

I don't know who is saying to get over Romney's incident?

Another point of view might be...

Young Romney participated with some other boys in bullying of another boy. He says he doesn't remember but apologizes.

Young Obama out of anger for being teased by some other boys takes it out on a little girl, remembers it, doesn't apologize but writes a book, exploits the incident and makes millions.

Just another perspective

Quoting emeraldangel20:

this is funny though, in a very sick, hypocritical way.

Romney: bullies kid in HIGH SCHOOL. "aw he was young, get over it." claims he doesn't remember

Obama: pushes girl down at the age of ten, owned up to that in a book he wrote, and he should never live it down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM

wow, that was a stretch. He was 10 years old,for god's sake.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

"he feels bad about it"

So it's okay because someone else made him mad? It doesn't count because he felt bad? Ladies, when we hear a woman say these things about her husband, it's called battered wife syndrome. I am ashamed that you would try to justify this in any way rather than just saying it was wrong. Shame on you all.

1Giovanni
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM

He was a teenager, not a kid. Being a teen is soooooooooooo different then being a 10 yr. old. A little push, isn't anything compare to a group of teens cutting a teens hair. If the teen moved just right he could had been cut or killed unless he was using a shavers, then my comment is mute. 

I am not a Obama fan. If there is a good 3rd party I will not vote for him. 

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

And Mitt Romney was only 16 when he participated in a prep school incident where a group of boys allegedly cut another boys hair. Are you making excuses for his behavior because he was a kid?

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

"he feels bad about it"

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I have a 10 yo son and I would not make excuses for him pushing or hitting girls, he would be grounded and I am not about to make excuses for PBO either. I will not make excuses for my son when he is 16 for bad behavior, and I have not made excuses for Romney.

If this is how you react to your sons behaving like this, we as a society are in trouble. Do you tell your young daughters that it's okay for boys to get physical with them at school? Do you justify it? Oh my daughter, it's okay, boys do this, you just have to accept it and I will make excuses for him. What is that teaching them as they are learning and growing? I have a 14 yo daughter and I would and have never made excuses for a boys getting physical with her.

You ladies are truly amazing. God help us all if you are raising your children this way.

Quoting Citygirlk:

There is a huge difference between shoving some one at 10 because you didnt like what they said about you than doing it at 16. With that being said obama was 10 and shoved a girl, romney was 16 pushed a guy into the ground and cut off his hair which one do you think is worse? And yes I am making excueses for him because he was 10 thats what 10 year old boys do at that age they think girls are gross, I mean have you seen little rascials?

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

"he feels bad about it"

lga1965
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Okay, we know, you are perfect.Congratulations.

No, actually you are very judgemental.

Nobody is excusing this but we are not as rabid about it as you are.

Take a deep breath and relax.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

I have a 10 yo son and I would not make excuses for him pushing or hitting girls, he would be grounded and I am not about to make excuses for PBO either. I will not make excuses for my son when he is 16 for bad behavior, and I have not made excuses for Romney.

If this is how you react to your sons behaving like this, we as a society are in trouble. Do you tell your young daughters that it's okay for boys to get physical with them at school? Do you justify it? Oh my daughter, it's okay, boys do this, you just have to accept it and I will make excuses for him. What is that teaching them as they are learning and growing? I have a 14 yo daughter and I would and have never made excuses for a boys getting physical with her.

You ladies are truly amazing. God help us all if you are raising your children this way.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

"he feels bad about it"

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Yes, that is exactly what most of the women in this thread have been doing. Making excuses for this type of behavior. In fact, that is exactly what led to my comments you just responded to. "thats what 10 year old boys do" is an excuse.

Quoting lga1965:

Okay, we know, you are perfect.Congratulations.

No, actually you are very judgemental.

Nobody is excusing this but we are not as rabid about it as you are.

Take a deep breath and relax.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

"he feels bad about it"

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Lmao

Romeny.,thuggin in high school

Probably wearing khaki's and a pastel sweater

He's Steph from pretty in pink! Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I can't bring myself to care about this either.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)