Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Not big on tin hat theories but this is uncanny

Posted by   + Show Post

Just read an article about Malcom X possibly being Obama's father.   Got it in an email and went to read the article and this is the pic in the article.  They do look a hell of a lot alike.

by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Replies (81-90):
Margroc24
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Just an fyi, I think that is actually Denzel Washington when he portrayed Malcolm X in the Spike Lee movie.

Quoting Citygirlk:

oh and for the record these two do not look alike even if you put glasses on Obama, and Malcolm is much more handsome.

Citygirlk
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
No sweety thats malcolm x, which brings me back to saying not all black men look alike. No offence.

Quoting Margroc24:

Just an fyi, I think that is actually Denzel Washington when he portrayed Malcolm X in the Spike Lee movie.

Quoting Citygirlk:

oh and for the record these two do not look alike even if you put glasses on Obama, and Malcolm is much more handsome.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Thats the real Malcolm ;)

Quoting Margroc24:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

IMO nose,mouth and chin kind of look alike.

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM

It's not racist to suggest one person looks like another.  Or to suggest that one person might be related to another.  There's nothing discriminatory in the OP.  Now, having said that...

Malcolm X was, at the time of Obama's conception, absolutely opposed to the integration of blacks and whites.  He went so far to say that we should be separated into different countries until all blacks could get back to Africa.  To him, white people were the devil.  He was also married, and in the Nation of Islam, adultery was a huge no-no.  Some say that one of the main reasons X broke from the group was because of rumors that the leader was having a lot of affairs.

Personally, I think the resemblance is uncanny, but I also doubt there is any relation based on Malcolm X's open hatred of white people.  

--------------------------------------------
You don't have to be judgmental and be like "Oh, he's using his freedom the wrong way!  I want him to use his freedom the way I use my freedom!"  You can't do that. You have to be tolerant.  People say "Oh no, you can't be tolerant. What if they do something you don't like?" Tolerance does not mean endorsement.  -- Ron Paul
Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Quoting imagirlgeek:

It's not racist to suggest one person looks like another.  Or to suggest that one person might be related to another.  There's nothing discriminatory in the OP.  Now, having said that...

Malcolm X was, at the time of Obama's conception, absolutely opposed to the integration of blacks and whites.  He went so far to say that we should be separated into different countries until all blacks could get back to Africa.  To him, white people were the devil.  He was also married, and in the Nation of Islam, adultery was a huge no-no.  Some say that one of the main reasons X broke from the group was because of rumors that the leader was having a lot of affairs.

Personally, I think the resemblance is uncanny, but I also doubt there is any relation based on Malcolm X's open hatred of white people.  

interesting comment.. thank you

Margroc24
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM

While I do not think that all black men look alike nor have I ever inferred the same, I will take offense "sweety". Did you not notice that I had written "I think"? There was no need for a snotty response.

Since you've told me that the photo is Malcolm X, the photo comparison should be between Malcolm and Denzel, not Malcolm and Obama.

Quoting Citygirlk:

No sweety thats malcolm x, which brings me back to saying not all black men look alike. No offence.

Margroc24
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Thanks sweet-a-kins. Denzel certainly resembles him more than Obama!

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Margroc24:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM

By the end of the movie, I swore I was watching Malcolm...he totally embodied that role!

Quoting Margroc24:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Margroc24:

Margroc24
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I know! Perfect casting. Not to mention that Denzel is an awesome actor. I always forget that I'm watching him and only focus on his character.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

By the end of the movie, I swore I was watching Malcolm...he totally embodied that role!

Quoting Margroc24:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Margroc24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)