Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

OT- Today is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

Just wanted to share. So, if you know someone who suffers from this terrible disorder, be sure to give them a gentle hug, let them know you are thinking about them. If you, like me, suffer from "the monster", as I've always called it, then I'm sending out a special soft fibro (((hug))) from me to you. Hope everyone has a great Saturday, and an even better Mother's Day!

by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

bump

(((HUGS)))

matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Thnaks.  I have fibro and some days are just awful.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My mother has been suffering from fibromyalgia since before they had a name for it.

cbk_mom3
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Quoting matreshka:

Thnaks.  I have fibro and some days are just awful.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know exactly what you mean. It's especially bad when I'm in a flare. Sending you a soft hug!

cbk_mom3
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Aww. Hugs back to you, dear friend.

Quoting imamomzilla:

bump

(((HUGS)))

cbk_mom3
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

My mother has been suffering from fibromyalgia since before they had a name for it.

That's awful. I think the worst part is some doctors still don't think it's real. I would never wish this on anyone, but I think if they spent a day in the shoes of a sufferer, they'd change their tunes really fast. Give your mom a hug for me.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on May. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Gentle hugs to you, sweet friend.  I know several people with Fibro and I am impressed with all of your strong spirits and positive outlook on life.  My daughter is being tested for this, herself, and she has had RA since 2 yrs. of age, and Osteo Arthritis for several months, and she's only 24.  I'm inspired by her, too. 

hugs

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they do, but it's still a toss and go game when it comes to doctors.  Been a real struggle for my mom lately.  Recently, she told her dr that the pain was different - and he brushed her off.  Turned out she had a herniated disk in her NECK (ACCCCKKKKK) and had surgery.  She's still in pain - an 8 to a 10 on a 10 scale level - for 9 weeks now, so we think the hernia is fixed but it may have been masking another problem.

She's got another neuro appt next week, she is done being polite.

They don't really listen, she was infuriated - "I've been living with this for 50 years and when I say it's different, it's different!"

I still remember coming home from school as a small child and seeing her passed out on the staircase.  It comes and stays, it takes many forms, it never ends.  It just switches the minute someone thinks they have figured it out.

I can't hug her because she's 3 hours away from me but when I spoke to her this morning, I told her it was Fibromyaligia Awareness Week, and she had no idea such a thing even existed.  So thank you for that - it made my momma happy to know there was such a thing.

I'm sorry you are suffering from it, and hope you've had as pain-free a day as possible.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

That's awful. I think the worst part is some doctors still don't think it's real. I would never wish this on anyone, but I think if they spent a day in the shoes of a sufferer, they'd change their tunes really fast. Give your mom a hug for me.

3ladybugsmom
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Mine too!!

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, so much. So sorry about your daughter. Bless her heart. I will certainly keep her in my prayers.

Quoting jcribb16:

Gentle hugs to you, sweet friend.  I know several people with Fibro and I am impressed with all of your strong spirits and positive outlook on life.  My daughter is being tested for this, herself, and she has had RA since 2 yrs. of age, and Osteo Arthritis for several months, and she's only 24.  I'm inspired by her, too. 

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN