Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rand Paul Says He Didn't Think Obama's Views 'Could Get Any Gayer'

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

Rand Paul Says He Didn't Think Obama's Views 'Could Get Any Gayer'

Sen. Rand Paul mocked President Obama's recent support of gay marriage on Friday, saying he didn't think Obama's views "could get any gayer."

"The president recently weighed in on marriage and you know he said his views were evolving on marriage," the Kentucky Republican said at Iowa's Faith and Freedom Coalition meeting. "Call me cynical, but I wasn't sure his views on marriage could get any gayer."

The comments, which generated laughs, were made two days after Obama announced that he supported same-sex marriage, which he had previously opposed, while adding he thought the issue should be left up to the states to decide.

Paul was encouraging support for his father Ron Paul's long-shot presidential campaign when the conversation turned to the news of the week.

"He said the biblical golden rule caused him to be for gay marriage," Paul said. "I'm like what version of the Bible is he reading?"

Paul went on to say that he's not preaching hateful dogma against people, but added that he didn't believe people should give up on their traditions.

"Six thousand years of tradition" combined with "anthropological" evidence shows "there's stability in the family unit," he said.

"The family is really important and we shouldn't just give up on it," he said.

Paul spoke against abortion as well as same-sex marriage.

"I think we're in a spiritual crisis as a country," Paul said, "and I think you're going to need leaders beyond your political leaders."

Paul had been advertised as the coalition's "special guest" for its 12th annual meeting of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, a socially conservative group led by former Christian Coalition leader Ralph Reed.

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
paperorplastic
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't wait for Rand to become president one day!  A man of great integrity, just like his father:)

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

His homophobic bullying floats your boat huh

Quoting paperorplastic:

I can't wait for Rand to become president one day!  A man of great integrity, just like his father:)

trippyhippy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
What a piece of shit. Good thing neither him or his father will ever be president.
Momniscient
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
He needs to find more reputable anthropological material.

And lol at the bible thing. What is it with you thumpers and your insistence that you know how to speak for god?
Glad the Paul's aren't in danger of being in the presidency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketracer
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, Newsweek has Obama on the current cover with the title of The First Gay President....also the rainbow halo that appears above Obama is kind of like his "Queen for a Day" tiara.

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought the Paul's were all about states rights? Wouldn't Obama's views line up with that? It's amazing how some can find ways to bash Obama even when he basically agrees with them.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a win win for Paul

Gets to bash gay Americans
Gets the mock the POTUS
And bonus...use hate speech and bullying language in public and a large group will love all the more for it

Quoting Friday:

I thought the Paul's were all about states rights? Wouldn't Obama's views line up with that? It's amazing how some can find ways to bash Obama even when he basically agrees with them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rccmom
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM
4 moms liked this
I really don't understand how endorsing gay marriage is giving up on the family unit. That line of thought makes no sense. The incredibly easy and high heterosexual divorce rate threatens the family unit though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)