Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Josh Romney Booed Off Stage By Ron Paul Supporters At Arizona GOP Convention

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM
  • 48 Replies

by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MizSandy
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
rocketracer
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, by Ron Paul supporters....Some, not all, Ron Paul supporters are disruptive and rude.  

MizSandy
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha! It's going to take more than the president saying he's for Same Sex marriage to get conservative/Republicans to solidify around Mitt Romney. Even hatred for the president isn't enough.

Obama/Biden 2012

imamomzilla
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Yep....they remind me of Obama supporters.

Quoting rocketracer:

Yep, by Ron Paul supporters....Some, not all, Ron Paul supporters are disruptive and rude.  

imamomzilla
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

blank stare

The Paul Bots are loyal, I'll give them that. But even when they do realize he isn't get the nomination, some will come to their senses and vote for Mitt.

Quoting MizSandy:

Ha! It's going to take more than the president saying he's for Same Sex marriage to get conservative/Republicans to solidify around Mitt Romney. Even hatred for the president isn't enough.

Obama/Biden 2012

shimamab
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Kinda feel bad for the dude...welcome to the big time political arena, Josh. Every word and action magnifed to the nth.

mehamil1
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I can't wait to see how this election it looked back on 20 years from now. 

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm really not sure what kind of reaction is expected here.  He got up on stage at a State convention where delegates are being selected, and says "When my dad realized he was going to be the next republican nominee for the president of the United States...".  I mean, there are a lot of people putting time and money into the campaign, and the conventions.  I'm sure he wasn't being malicious, but expecting a different reaction isn't realistic.  

The thing is, the Paul supporters have been told over and over to know the rules before attending the conventions, because in the past, rules were broken and no one really knew to challenge it.  This time, they know the rules, and they are bringing cameras.  So much has been caught on tape that isn't being shown.  I think it's going to get worse.  Notice that Josh Romney getting boo'ed was news-worthy, but when he violated Rule #4 by attempting to introduce a slate of delegates to the floor, it's not mentioned.  Guest speakers are not allowed to endorse or nominate delegates.

Last thing...people who were at the convention are saying that he wasn't boo'ed 'off the stage'.  He finished his speech, however he did get a little flustered when he was stopped from introducing the slate.

--------------------------------------------
You don't have to be judgmental and be like "Oh, he's using his freedom the wrong way!  I want him to use his freedom the way I use my freedom!"  You can't do that. You have to be tolerant.  People say "Oh no, you can't be tolerant. What if they do something you don't like?" Tolerance does not mean endorsement.  -- Ron Paul
Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM

That makes me sad.

I met him once and talked with him for a while (even have a pic with him posted at the Romney for Prez group).  He's a sweet kid.  Too bad people are rude.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Quoting mehamil1:

I can't wait to see how this election it looked back on 20 years from now. 

That will be interesting to see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)