Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy, cool, unforgettable: Co-owner Casey Patten dishes all the details of the Presidential hoagie run...

President Obama used hand-crafted sandwiches on Wednesday to symbolize the importance of small business ownership and his Congressional 'To -Do List' with a morning run to DC's Taylor Gourmet ahead of his White House luncheon for Congressional Leadership. The visit included a small-business round table with Taylor co-owners Casey Patten and David Mazza, whose Italian deli and market on 14th Street NW specializes in authentic Philadelphia-style hoagies.

The President bought six to go for his luncheon guests, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). (Above: The President holds his own hoagie; Patten is center, Mazza at left)

"I'm going to offer them some hoagies," said the President, clad in a dark suit with a red tie.

He ordered a 12-inch Spruce Street hoagie for himself, which has roast turkey, prosciutto, roasted red peppers and sharp provolone on house-made bread, co-owner Patten told Obama Foodorama.

"We get requests from Congress all the time for hoagie platters, but never have they been hand-delivered by the President," Patten said, laughing. "Nor have we ever been lucky enough to have the President sink his teeth into one of our delicious creations."

The hoagies are named after Philly landmarks and streets, and the President also ordered one 9th Street Italian; one Cherry Street; one Locust Street Expressway; one Arch Street, and one Philadelphia Landfill, all 12-inchers. The President paid cash for his $62.79 tab: "I have to pay, it's my rule," he said.

http:// obamafoodorama. blogspot. com/2012/05/president-obama-woos-congressional.html

by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Replies (21-21):
rachelrothchild
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

From dictionary.com: pepperoncini

sweet medium-hot chiles; also called Tuscan peppers

I think banana peppers are spicier

Quoting imamomzilla:

YUM. I think they're sweet Italian peppers. :-)~

I have some banana peppers in my garden....they are so easy to grow.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

What are those pepperoncini things? YUCK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)