Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama's 1991 literary Agent: Born in Kenya

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:41 PM
  • 134 Replies
Obama’s 1991 Literary Agent: Born In Kenya
MAY 17, 2012 2:45 PM

Breitbart News has obtained photographs of Barack Obama’s biography printed in a promotional booklet for a literary agency that say he was born in Kenya before being raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.

Before we go further into detail, Breitbart’s Senior Management wanted to let readers know that Andrew Breitbart and Breitbart News have never advocated any of the rumors surrounding Barack Obama’s location of birth, and they believe he was born in Hawaii. They do, however, say that they want to further research the president who appears to have a “carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.” They go on to say that the photographs are evidence, “not of the President’s foreign origin, but that Barack Obama’s public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.”

The promotional booklet printed in 1991 by Acton & Dystel, Obama’s literary agency at the time, was printed to be distributed around the publishing industry. Barack Obama’s biography reads as the following:

“Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.  The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.”

Others represented in the book include Tip O’Neill, Joe Montana, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Ralph Nader, and many others.

Jay Acton, the partial namesake of Acton & Dystel, told Breitbart that “almost nobody” wrote their own biography, but believed that the non-athletes in the book were “probably” asked to verify the writings.

The report contends that “the biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama—or the people representing and supporting him—maniupulate his public persona.”

The article points out a couple examples:

David Maraniss’s forthcoming biography of Obama has reportedly confirmed, for example, that a girlfriend Obama described in Dreams from My Father was, in fact, an amalgam of several separate individuals. In addition, Obama and his handlers have a history of redefining his identity when expedient. In March 2008, for example, he famously declared: “I can no more disown [Jeremiah Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother.”

Several weeks later, Obama left Wright’s church–and, according to Edward Klein’s new biography, The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House, allegedly attempted to persuade Wright not to “do any more public speaking until after the November [2008] election.”

Larry O’Connor wrote that “regardless of the reason for Obama’s odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama—who, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media.”
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Lol.

gammie
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
maybe this is were the rumors started?
asfriend
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this
i just don't think any of it matters, liberals in general and blacks in particular have to be appeased occasionally.
he is their token appeasement, lets get this national embarrasement behind us hire a real president, and get our lives back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Lol. Ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Poodles on May. 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

So.....

Obama must have been born in Kenya then?

29again
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM
3 moms liked this

It's about 4 years too late for this to really matter.  Some of us already know that we have been taken for a ride, and we just want OFF.  And come November, we will have the chance.

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM
3 moms liked this

Breitbart?

bouncing

Some people will believe ANYTHING negative about the opposition no matter how ridiculous the source.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

sarebear31976
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this

seriously.  This has to stop.  

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Imagine what GWB's non-manufactured persona would have been like...or Bill Clinton's for that matter.  

Lol.

sarebear31976
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:44 AM

what does this mean?

Quoting asfriend:

i just don't think any of it matters, liberals in general and blacks in particular have to be appeased occasionally.
he is their token appeasement, lets get this national embarrasement behind us hire a real president, and get our lives back

Sarah

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

-Dr. Seuss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)