Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama's 1991 literary Agent: Born in Kenya

Posted by   + Show Post
Obama’s 1991 Literary Agent: Born In Kenya
MAY 17, 2012 2:45 PM

Breitbart News has obtained photographs of Barack Obama’s biography printed in a promotional booklet for a literary agency that say he was born in Kenya before being raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.

Before we go further into detail, Breitbart‚Äôs Senior Management wanted to let readers know that Andrew Breitbart and Breitbart News have never advocated any of the rumors surrounding Barack Obama‚Äôs location of birth, and they believe he was born in Hawaii. They do, however, say that they want to further research the president who appears to have a ‚Äúcarefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.‚ÄĚ They go on to say that the photographs are evidence, ‚Äúnot of the President‚Äôs foreign origin, but that Barack Obama‚Äôs public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.‚ÄĚ

The promotional booklet printed in 1991 by Acton & Dystel, Obama’s literary agency at the time, was printed to be distributed around the publishing industry. Barack Obama’s biography reads as the following:

‚ÄúBarack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. ¬†The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago‚Äôs South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book,¬†Journeys in Black and White.‚ÄĚ

Others represented in the book include Tip O’Neill, Joe Montana, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Ralph Nader, and many others.

Jay Acton, the partial namesake of Acton & Dystel, told Breitbart that ‚Äúalmost nobody‚ÄĚ wrote their own biography, but believed that the non-athletes in the book were ‚Äúprobably‚ÄĚ asked to verify the writings.

The report contends that ‚Äúthe biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama‚ÄĒor the people representing and supporting him‚ÄĒmaniupulate his public persona.‚ÄĚ

The article points out a couple examples:

David Maraniss‚Äôs forthcoming biography of Obama has reportedly¬†confirmed, for example, that a girlfriend Obama described in¬†Dreams from My Father¬†was, in fact, an amalgam of several separate individuals.¬†In addition, Obama and his handlers have a history of redefining his identity when expedient. In March 2008, for example, he famously¬†declared: ‚ÄúI can no more disown [Jeremiah Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother.‚ÄĚ

Several weeks later, Obama¬†left¬†Wright‚Äôs church‚Äďand, according to Edward Klein‚Äôs new biography,¬†The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House,¬†allegedly attempted to persuade Wright not to ‚Äúdo any more public speaking until after the November [2008] election.‚ÄĚ

Larry O‚ÄôConnor wrote that ‚Äúregardless of the reason for Obama‚Äôs odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama‚ÄĒwho, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media.‚ÄĚ
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Replies (131-134):
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

NO you are wrong about me. I question the lies about Ron Paul. If you don't want to vote for him because of the facts you read I have NO problem. I have said many times.

Doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result is what you would call not very smart.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Friday:

Friday you are way out there on this one. When reporters do on street interviews and ask people who they are voting for and say Obama because of Race you still don't believe it?

And I'm sure just as many will not vote for him because of his race.

This is why there a stickers on cars saying "stupid should not vote" and I agree.

No, I said I'm sure some do but I don't buy that it's the majority, either way. It's easy enough to edit on the street q&a to get the result one wants.

Who decides what is stupid? Based on the comments I've seen you make, that seems to be anyone who disagrees with you or doesn't support Ron Paul.

If you say so, I can only go by how you present yourself here. I'm not putting words in your mouth like you did to me.

"Don't know what you are talking about here?"

Actually the saying is that it's the definition of insanity.

"I know how it goes"

Who said I'm voting R or D this year?  "I Have never said you are voting for a D or R."

I've stated repeatedly I'm undecided but like Gary Johnson.

"you don't sound like a G J supporter"

No, you wouldn't.

Whatever.

No? You must not be paying attention. I've been bashed left and right for considering voting 3rd party. I've made a couple of posts about Johnson as well.

I have plenty of beefs with Obama but I stick to reality and facts. This birther crap is just that, crap.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM
This lefty won't bash you for voting third party

Though I do wish you would vote Obama with the stakes being what they are

But voting is personal and I know you don't take it lightly

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

NO you are wrong about me. I question the lies about Ron Paul. If you don't want to vote for him because of the facts you read I have NO problem. I have said many times.

Doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result is what you would call not very smart.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Friday:

Friday you are way out there on this one. When reporters do on street interviews and ask people who they are voting for and say Obama because of Race you still don't believe it?

This is why there a stickers on cars saying "stupid should not vote" and I agree.

No, I said I'm sure some do but I don't buy that it's the majority, either way. It's easy enough to edit on the street q&a to get the result one wants.

Who decides what is stupid? Based on the comments I've seen you make, that seems to be anyone who disagrees with you or doesn't support Ron Paul.

If you say so, I can only go by how you present yourself here. I'm not putting words in your mouth like you did to me.

"I know how it goes"

Who said I'm voting R or D this year?  "I Have never said you are voting for a D or R."

No, you wouldn't.

Whatever.

No? You must not be paying attention. I've been bashed left and right for considering voting 3rd party. I've made a couple of posts about Johnson as well.

I have plenty of beefs with Obama but I stick to reality and facts. This birther crap is just that, crap.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

This lefty won't bash you for voting third party

Though I do wish you would vote Obama with the stakes being what they are

But voting is personal and I know you don't take it lightly

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Friday:

"I know how it goes"

No, you wouldn't.

Whatever.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I never imagnied the hostility one would deal with simply for considering voting 3rd party. Even been told I should just stay home, which IMO is disgusting

The close race is why I'm still undecided. Johnson is my 1st choice but I'm a realist. I do live in Cali tho and we know Obama will take it no matter how I vote.

Still plenty of time, lots can happen.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

sugarsmom2
by Member on May. 19, 2012 at 5:54 PM

WHEN THE SMOKE HAS CLEARED THE LIES ARE SO DEEP THAT THIS COUNTY MUST BE WEEPING IN SHAME FOR ALL THE UNTRUTHS THAT HAVE BEEN SPILLED . i WANT HIM TO HAVE FOUR MORE YEARS . IF HE GETS THEM MAYBE THEN THE COUNTRY WILL BE RIGHT . BUT PERHAPS WE SHOULD GO BACK TO CLINTONS DAYS AND MAKE THEM BEFORE HE SIGNED THE PAPERS TO JOIN EUROPE AND THEIR ALLANCE .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)