Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pic Of The Moment: Romney's First Election Ad, Decoded

Pema_Jampa
Happy Halloween!
9 minutes ago
Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

Pic of the Moment

by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM

If he wants to end "obamacare" he has a lot of explaining to do about Massachusetts' heath care law.  I understand the difference between state health care and federal health care but if he wants to end obamacare on that level he needs to explain to the 49 other states why they don't deserve what we have in MA.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting matreshka:

If he wants to end "obamacare" he has a lot of explaining to do about Massachusetts' heath care law.  I understand the difference between state health care and federal health care but if he wants to end obamacare on that level he needs to explain to the 49 other states why they don't deserve what we have in MA.

No, he doesn't.  Other states are free to copy Mass or make their own reforms.  £Mass didn't require Obamacare to do Romneycare.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Yes, I understand that, but why should he be against helping other states as president get the same healthcare Mass does, if it truly was such an important issue to him as he made it seem while he was gov?

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting matreshka:

No, he doesn't.  Other states are free to copy Mass or make their own reforms.  £Mass didn't require Obamacare to do Romneycare.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

He can be completely for it, actually.  In fact, he can help on the federal side to allow states the ability to better pursue their own reforms...in fact, he plans to do just that :)

Quoting matreshka:

Yes, I understand that, but why should he be against helping other states as president get the same healthcare Mass does, if it truly was such an important issue to him as he made it seem while he was gov?

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting matreshka:

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Me must have stuck his finger in the air to see which way it was blowing.

29again
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Quoting matreshka:

It isn't that they "don't deserve" their own version of Obamacare.  The point is that each state can decide that for themselves.  The bill can be put on the ballot, and the people can VOTE on it.  Or do you think that the people can't be trusted to know what is "good for themselves"?   My state voted that we do NOT want the federal government mandating that we have to have health insurance.  And that is a very different thing from the STATE mandating it.  Has any other state tried to do this?  I know that a couple have tried something similar, and found that it was a complete failure and scrapped the programs.  So, it seems that Romney has a better understanding of the Constitution than the POTUS (a constitutional law prof??) does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)