Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Praise the Lord ! ABC cancels GCB series !

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 89 Replies
6 moms liked this

ABC Cancels Controversial 'GCB' Series

May 14, 2012

Dear

HUGE Victory! The ABC series "GCB," which is known for its controversial title and nasty portrayal of Christians, has been canceled!

"GCB" got axed by ABC and won't be coming back for a second season. Praise the Lord! Jesus Christ will not be mocked! God is using OneMillionMoms.com to help remove this filth from television. As the hands and feet for the Lord, we are making a real difference.

These accomplishments are the result of the Lord's blessing on the prayers, action alerts, email letters, and gifts from concerned and generous supporters.

Definitely good news ! 

by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you ever watch it?

trippyhippy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I think we all get enough of the good christin bitches in our real lives and need a break from them at home. 

lga1965
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh darn. I really liked GCB!  It was funny and so real. I have known women like these "Good Christians" down south in a few small towns and the similarites were a hoot! Its good to have a sense of humor about the frailties and flaws in human beings!

The actors were so talented. I'm sorry they cancelled it.

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on May. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow! I have been praying about the health of a member's husband not for cancellation of a television show. Where are my priorities?

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on May. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM
7 moms liked this

Thank goodness the good lord keeps quality shows like Jersey shore and the Kardashians on the air.

imamomzilla
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

imamomzilla
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

ooooooohhhhhhh NOW, I get the bubble. wink

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on May. 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Save GCB: Tell ABC Not To Cancel GCB
To: ABC Entertainment 
ABC Entertainment 
500 S. Buena Vista St 
Burbank, CA 91521-4551

This petition is directed to the management of ABC Entertainment regarding their new show GCB”, currently shown at 10:00 pm on Sundays. (abc.go.com)

We, the undersigned, wish to show our eagerness for the show to be given a chance to prove itself for a second season and beyond.

If the viewers are given enough time to engage in this continuing narrative we believe they will become loyal, long-term fans of the show.

Thank you for taking the time to read this – here’s to many future successful episodes of “GCB!

http://savegcb.com/

shimamab
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wonder if God offers a severance package when people lose their jobs in His name? ;)

Quoting lga1965:

Oh darn. I really liked GCB!  It was funny and so real. I have known women like these "Good Christians" down south in a few small towns and the similarites were a hoot! Its good to have a sense of humor about the frailties and flaws in human beings!

The actors were so talented. I'm sorry they cancelled it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterophelia
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Wow that is so funny. So, the "hands and feet of the Lord" and God (using people to do his bidding) are too busy concentrating on cancelling a tv show that "God" doesn't agree with (cuz I'm sure he sits down and flips channels all day to see what's going on), instead of maybe using all of these good Christians to HELP people in need? Amazing stuff!! I love it that people know exactly what God wants!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)