Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Praise the Lord ! ABC cancels GCB series !

Posted by   + Show Post

ABC Cancels Controversial 'GCB' Series

May 14, 2012

Dear

HUGE Victory! The ABC series "GCB," which is known for its controversial title and nasty portrayal of Christians, has been canceled!

"GCB" got axed by ABC and won't be coming back for a second season. Praise the Lord! Jesus Christ will not be mocked! God is using OneMillionMoms.com to help remove this filth from television. As the hands and feet for the Lord, we are making a real difference.

These accomplishments are the result of the Lord's blessing on the prayers, action alerts, email letters, and gifts from concerned and generous supporters.

Definitely good news ! 

by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Citygirlk
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM
They where just giving into the christians who most likely never watched the show and only hated it for its name or heard what the first episode was about. The show was good and had some great life lessons being taught at the end of every episode, to me (a christian myself) I never saw it as mocking god I saw it as mocking hypocrite christians who in chruch act like goody two shoes and outside chruch act completly different.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Your opionion.

Than why were they cancelled? Obviously numerous complaints or the show would not have been cancelled.

Quoting Abaco:

May have been.....even mocking some of the "christians" in name only .......that are merely bench warmers. Either way the show was mocking Christianity and God.

Quoting Citygirlk:

There was no mocking if anything they were mocking the people who act all goody goody at chruch but once they leave act anything but godly. It was a good show.

Quoting Abaco:

This is only one of the things Christians are concerned about. When there is trash on a television show....mocking God and Christians like this one it is immoral.  I'm sure if there was something like this mocking muslims many of you would be becoming unglued. I believe it's wrong to mock a faith. 

Also....there is a big difference in Rush and this program....Rush is telling the truth. Just because some don't want to hear it...doesn't mean it's any less of the truth. Can't speak of Beck as I've never really listened or watched him.  But neither mock God.

Quoting Friday:

Meh, never watched it. I'd think Christians would have more important things to focus on but, whatever.

I always find it funny how we are told to 'change the channel' if we don't like Rush, Beck or religious programming but so many Christians are not capable of doing that and have to try and get anything they don't approve of removed. Fascinating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Quoting Abaco:

Maybe "Married With Children" will be next : )  I'll have to get a letter, email, phone calls out !

Quoting Friday:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Your opionion.

Than why were they cancelled? Obviously numerous complaints or the show would not have been cancelled.

Quoting Abaco:

May have been.....even mocking some of the "christians" in name only .......that are merely bench warmers. Either way the show was mocking Christianity and God.

Quoting Citygirlk:

There was no mocking if anything they were mocking the people who act all goody goody at chruch but once they leave act anything but godly. It was a good show.

Quoting Abaco:

This is only one of the things Christians are concerned about. When there is trash on a television show....mocking God and Christians like this one it is immoral.  I'm sure if there was something like this mocking muslims many of you would be becoming unglued. I believe it's wrong to mock a faith. 

Also....there is a big difference in Rush and this program....Rush is telling the truth. Just because some don't want to hear it...doesn't mean it's any less of the truth. Can't speak of Beck as I've never really listened or watched him.  But neither mock God.

Quoting Friday:

Meh, never watched it. I'd think Christians would have more important things to focus on but, whatever.

I always find it funny how we are told to 'change the channel' if we don't like Rush, Beck or religious programming but so many Christians are not capable of doing that and have to try and get anything they don't approve of removed. Fascinating.

Ratings. If the show had enough viewers they would have kept it on. Lots of people complained about Married with Children but FOX didn't care because it had more viewers than complaints.

Married with Children has been off the air for years but it was the longest running live action sitcom at 11 years. I don't believe anyone has broken it's streak yet.

I'm sure there are people trying to get South Park cancelled but no luck yet. Personally I think the show is just over their heads.

People who try to get programming they find offensive cancelled need to get a life. Change the channel and do something productive.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

Citygirlk
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously! And I think people will be rioting in the streets if south park got cancelled because some christians didnt like it. People need to learn how to live and let live.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Abaco:

Maybe "Married With Children" will be next : )  I'll have to get a letter, email, phone calls out !

Quoting Friday:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Your opionion.

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting Friday:

Ratings. If the show had enough viewers they would have kept it on. Lots of people complained about Married with Children but FOX didn't care because it had more viewers than complaints.

Married with Children has been off the air for years but it was the longest running live action sitcom at 11 years. I don't believe anyone has broken it's streak yet.

I'm sure there are people trying to get South Park cancelled but no luck yet. Personally I think the show is just over their heads.

People who try to get programming they find offensive cancelled need to get a life. Change the channel and do something productive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abaco
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Really ?  When I was working at a clients home recently it was on television. It was cable.....didn't look like it was re-run.  I was just kidding anyway....it's a pathetic show, it's amazing the shows that entertain people now a days tho.  I haven't seen OMM say anything about it.  I'll let you know tho : )

That's why we don't watch television.....the programs now a days is like having a sewer coming thru your home.....no wonder this great country is in so much trouble.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Your opionion.

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting Friday:

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting Citygirlk:

Seriously! And I think people will be rioting in the streets if south park got cancelled because some christians didnt like it. People need to learn how to live and let live.

South Park actually makes some good points most of the time, you just have to get past the potty humor. The writer/creators are very smart. It ain'y going anywhere, Comedy Central doesn't care who they offend and their target audience doesn't offend easily.

I agree, I'm a big fan of live and let live, that's why I get annoyed at these people who think they need to monitor my viewing. Don't like it, don't watch it. Pretty damn simple.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Abaco:

I don't know why.....well I guess I do know why God continues to bless those that persecute and mock Him. He loves us all unconditionally.  But we all suffer the consequences of our actions and sometimes others actions.

I am referring to this Scripture...

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Galatians 6:7

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Abaco:

I agree pretty much.....but God doesn't give us what we deserve...THANKFULLY !

The Bible reminds us he is merciful and does not fully punish us according to our sins. My point here Abaco was...why would God bless those who mock Him and Christians? In fact the Scriptures tell us he will not tolerate those who mock God~

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting shimamab:

Wonder if God offers a severance package when people lose their jobs in His name? ;)

When they mock Christians, they do not deserve a severence pkg....

Quoting lga1965:

Oh darn. I really liked GCB!  It was funny and so real. I have known women like these "Good Christians" down south in a few small towns and the similarites were a hoot! Its good to have a sense of humor about the frailties and flaws in human beings!

The actors were so talented. I'm sorry they cancelled it.

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Quoting Abaco:

Really ?  When I was working at a clients home recently it was on television. It was cable.....didn't look like it was re-run.  I was just kidding anyway....it's a pathetic show, it's amazing the shows that entertain people now a days tho.  I haven't seen OMM say anything about it.  I'll let you know tho : )

That's why we don't watch television.....the programs now a days is like having a sewer coming thru your home.....no wonder this great country is in so much trouble.

Really, it's on FX in syndication but the stars all have new shows now. I don't think OMM existed when it was on but I remember one crazy woman tried to start a campaign to cancel it, gave the ratings a great boost.

Meh, entertainment isn't the problem with our country. Much of what I'm sure you would call the sewer are actually smart shows. South Park makes some great points but it's not for some people.

I just think trying to force networks to only air what you approve of is lame. I'm not trying to get Limbaugh or anyone else off the air, I simply don't pay any attention to them.

Why do you feel the need to impose your beliefs on others by pushing to get rid of programming you disapprove of?

Citygirlk
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Citygirlk:

South Park actually makes some good points most of the time, you just have to get past the potty humor. The writer/creators are very smart. It ain'y going anywhere, Comedy Central doesn't care who they offend and their target audience doesn't offend easily.

I agree, I'm a big fan of live and let live, that's why I get annoyed at these people who think they need to monitor my viewing. Don't like it, don't watch it. Pretty damn simple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abaco
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Abaco:

Really, it's on FX in syndication but the stars all have new shows now. I don't think OMM existed when it was on but I remember one crazy woman tried to start a campaign to cancel it, gave the ratings a great boost.

Meh, entertainment isn't the problem with our country. Much of what I'm sure you would call the sewer are actually smart shows. South Park makes some great points but it's not for some people.Never heard of it till now.

I just think trying to force networks to only air what you approve of is lame.I agree somewhat....it depends what kind of show. For example South Park, Married with Children, and some others I've heard that are raunchy don't make any difference to me.....I don't watch television. But if I read about it on OMM or another organization I will support them by sending an email, phone call or something.  I'm not trying to get Limbaugh or anyone else off the air, I simply don't pay any attention to them.

Why do you feel the need to impose your beliefs on others by pushing to get rid of programming you disapprove of?If a program is mocking God than I believe it needs to go. Like I said if it was another faith I would feel the same way.  Even if it was a show mocking a disability....

glitterophelia
by Member on May. 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM
While I generally agree with some of the points South Park makes, I don't watch it anymore cuz the potty humor is a bit too over the top. Plus, I don't want my kids to see it. I'm not Christian, I just don't want my boys walking around calling everything they dislike "gay." I HATE it when people do that.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN