Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Praise the Lord ! ABC cancels GCB series !

Posted by   + Show Post

ABC Cancels Controversial 'GCB' Series

May 14, 2012

Dear

HUGE Victory! The ABC series "GCB," which is known for its controversial title and nasty portrayal of Christians, has been canceled!

"GCB" got axed by ABC and won't be coming back for a second season. Praise the Lord! Jesus Christ will not be mocked! God is using OneMillionMoms.com to help remove this filth from television. As the hands and feet for the Lord, we are making a real difference.

These accomplishments are the result of the Lord's blessing on the prayers, action alerts, email letters, and gifts from concerned and generous supporters.

Definitely good news ! 

by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Quoting glitterophelia:

While I generally agree with some of the points South Park makes, I don't watch it anymore cuz the potty humor is a bit too over the top. Plus, I don't want my kids to see it. I'm not Christian, I just don't want my boys walking around calling everything they dislike "gay." I HATE it when people do that.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Seriously! And I think people will be rioting in the streets if south park got cancelled because some christians didnt like it. People need to learn how to live and let live.

South Park actually makes some good points most of the time, you just have to get past the potty humor. The writer/creators are very smart. It ain'y going anywhere, Comedy Central doesn't care who they offend and their target audience doesn't offend easily.

I agree, I'm a big fan of live and let live, that's why I get annoyed at these people who think they need to monitor my viewing. Don't like it, don't watch it. Pretty damn simple.

There are times when I will just turn an episode off, they cross my line. Others I just cringe a little. My oldest, 17, watches but we wait till after the younger two go to bed. My oldest has always been good at seperating reality from pretend/fiction. He's been watching horror or at least scary movies since he was too young but they've never bothered him.

Point is you aren't out campaigning to have it cancelled you simply choose not to watch it. I wish more would do the same. I'm very much a live and let live kind of girl.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

jadedcynic
by Nerdilicious on May. 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM

If you don't even watch TV what gives you the right to dictate what others can watch?

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on May. 19, 2012 at 1:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, this is what God is deeply interested in I'm sure.

Not famine

Not disease

Not war

Not natural disasters

Not poverty

Not hatred

Not hunger

God's working to cancel TV series.

Got it.

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 5:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Abaco:

God is using OneMillionMoms.com to help remove this filth from television.

I do dislike the name of that organisation.

I feel that news services, as a public service, every time they mention its name should also mention that it only has 40,000 members.

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 5:03 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting jadedcynic:

If you don't even watch TV what gives you the right to dictate what others can watch?

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft a gold plated TV remote control from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I alone, among mortals, have that supreme right.

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Abaco:

Praise the Lord! Jesus Christ will not be mocked!

The problem with assertions like that is they've no predictive power.

You can't deduce from it anything about the likelihood of when any particular mocking of Jesus will be forced to cease.

Take Silvercrow (a poster here on CafeMom) for example.  She mocks Jesus.  Care to make any predictions about when she'll stop doing so?

jadedcynic
by Nerdilicious on May. 19, 2012 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting jadedcynic:

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft a gold plated TV remote control from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I alone, among mortals, have that supreme right.

matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 6:46 AM

God has xfinity and a DVR. He knows exactly what we're watching ;)  I think he just got a pandora account too.

Quoting glitterophelia:

Wow that is so funny. So, the "hands and feet of the Lord" and God (using people to do his bidding) are too busy concentrating on cancelling a tv show that "God" doesn't agree with (cuz I'm sure he sits down and flips channels all day to see what's going on), instead of maybe using all of these good Christians to HELP people in need? Amazing stuff!! I love it that people know exactly what God wants!

matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I am going to save this for when m 20mo old is'nt jumping on me lol.  thank you.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Heard this one?

I love using this one. It is perfect. 

"Tayatha

Om

Benkanze Benkanze

Maha Benkanze

Raja

Samugate

So Ha"

Quoting matreshka:

I have been reciting health mantras myself. I guess we are both in the same boat.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Wow! I have been praying about the health of a member's husband not for cancellation of a television show. Where are my priorities?

matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM

My grandparents went to our lady of the lake catholic church, I am going to have to take a drive back downa nd look at the statue of her a little closer lol.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN