Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Praise the Lord ! ABC cancels GCB series !

Posted by   + Show Post

ABC Cancels Controversial 'GCB' Series

May 14, 2012

Dear

HUGE Victory! The ABC series "GCB," which is known for its controversial title and nasty portrayal of Christians, has been canceled!

"GCB" got axed by ABC and won't be coming back for a second season. Praise the Lord! Jesus Christ will not be mocked! God is using OneMillionMoms.com to help remove this filth from television. As the hands and feet for the Lord, we are making a real difference.

These accomplishments are the result of the Lord's blessing on the prayers, action alerts, email letters, and gifts from concerned and generous supporters.

Definitely good news ! 

by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Replies (61-70):
toomanypoodles
by Poodles on May. 19, 2012 at 7:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Friday:

Meh, never watched it. I'd think Christians would have more important things to focus on but, whatever.

I always find it funny how we are told to 'change the channel' if we don't like Rush, Beck or religious programming but so many Christians are not capable of doing that and have to try and get anything they don't approve of removed. Fascinating.

Gotta agree.  I just plain and simple tuned my TV off about 5 years ago. 

Don't need it--- THIS Christian has better things to do. 

toomanypoodles
by Poodles on May. 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jadedcynic:

If you don't even watch TV what gives you the right to dictate what others can watch?

Where did you see her dictate what others watch?

All I see is that she was pleased to see a show she found offensive pulled off the air.  Did she ever tell you you could not watch what you want? 

I find this comment awfully juvenile.  "You're not the boss of me", sort of thing. 

imamomzilla
by on May. 19, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

To be honest...I couldn't even make it through one episode. I thought the humor was juvenile and crude...

Stereotypes suck and I'll bet if you replaced the C with a M, heads would roll.  ;-)

Been too busy to watch much TV anyway....and when I do it's usually an informative documentary or biography. Trash TV is just that. Garbage in, garbage out. The Hollywood sewer pipe is spewing more than ever, but I have control over the spigot.

momtoscott
by on May. 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Oh, "losing it with Jesus" is talking about weight loss?  I was really perplexed, because I thought it was talking about... never mind, move along here, nothing to see.  

I won't personally miss the show, watched an episode and didn't think it was all that funny.  It was a pretty fair representation of what I remember from growing up in that kind of environment. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

So do, sounds like it could be a great weight loss plan.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I do really like that idea it's super cute also. I actually said a prayer to your god in addition to the medicine mantra I've been reciting. Which I was uncertain I should do but guessed that God wouldn't mind.

Buddha is not a god. More like Jesus but we do not pray to him. The idea to to send out positive and healing thoughts for those in need. Saying a mantra is a Buddhist prayer.

I respectfully disagree with the stance that the show should be cancelled. If they don't have the viewers then yes it should go. I did not find the show insulting. I actually found it interesting and fun. I grew to love the characters and the story line. 

I especially like the idea of "losing it with Jesus." Genius!

Quoting Abaco:

I don't know about buddha....but God can listen and answer to more than one prayer. I use an easy method to remember. Using my hand I start with my thumb.

Thumb - people closest to my heart

Index - teachers, missionaries, Church officers and Pastor (although my Pastor I also use my thumb)

Middle - People in leadership......yes even BO : )

Ring - for weak , sick, and elderly

Pinkie - for myself

First I Praise, thank, and then use my hand. 

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Wow! I have been praying about the health of a member's husband not for cancellation of a television show. Where are my priorities?

Jean2

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:49 AM

When are you ever going to learn that there is no space between a punctuation point and the end of a sentence? When? I've been pointing this out to you for years, but you just insist on putting in the space. Do you not see that the rest of us know how to punctuate correctly? Is it a signature thing?

Abaco
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

How have I dictated what you could and could not watch ?

Quoting jadedcynic:

If you don't even watch TV what gives you the right to dictate what others can watch?

Abaco
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Abaco:

Praise the Lord! Jesus Christ will not be mocked!

The problem with assertions like that is they've no predictive power.

You can't deduce from it anything about the likelihood of when any particular mocking of Jesus will be forced to cease.I 'll do what I can.....make a phone call, send an email, tell people about it, write a letter.

Take Silvercrow (a poster here on CafeMom) for example.  She mocks Jesus.  Care to make any predictions about when she'll stop doing so?When she grows up (maturity) or after she's dead ?

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM
What does GCB even mean? Never seen it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I never watched it.  I doubt God cares.

If you disagree with it, why bother?  Shouldn't you just change the chanel?

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on May. 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Thank goodness the good lord keeps quality shows like Jersey shore and the Kardashians on the air.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)