Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

O/T Please sign the petition to reschedule cannabis

Posted by   + Show Post

In the United States, all preparations of the Cannabis plant are currently listed under Schedule I of the controlled substances act. This definition is reserved for drugs which have "no currently accepted medical use". Furthermore, cannabis' toxicity is virtually non-existent compared to that of heroin or cocaine, cannabis lacks the high abuse potential required for inclusion in Schedule I or II. Currently, 16 states and Washington D.C. have legalized the use of medical marijuana, and hemp products are sold widely in the U.S. today. The problem with leaving this up to the states is that some citizens may never be given the freedom. Cannabis could be rescheduled either legislatively, through Congress, or through the executive branch. We the people are asking for your help.

LINK

The is a petition to the WH requesting our govt remove Marijuana from a Schedule 1 drug-meaning no medical use, high risk of abuse. Other drugs included as Schedule 1 are Heroin, LSD and Peyote. Marijuana is nowhere near as damaging as these drugs nor does it have the potential for abuse that heroin has.

Schedule 2 drugs include opiates, cocaine and methamphetamine which all do have medical uses but are far more dangerous and abuse causing than marijuana.

If marijuana were rescheduled the Feds would have to leave medical mj states, patients and caregivers alone. Then people like me could use our preferred meds w/o concern of Federal punishment.

I and the many other people who use this plant for medicine over the more dangerous and addictive alternatives would sincerely appreciate your help on this issue.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Gotta love those "Small Govt" and "Compassionate" "Conservatives. What a group of oxymorons.

smoke it up.. and you'll feel better big smile mini

Bite me.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Gotta love those "Small Govt" and "Compassionate" "Conservatives. What a group of oxymorons.

Bite me.

Nah... I don't want to get high

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Bite me.

Riight cuz I'm just some drug addict looking to get high. So much for whatever respect I had for you. Go pick on some people on rx pain meds or something.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Bite me.

Riight cuz I'm just some drug addict looking to get high. So much for whatever respect I had for you. Go pick on some people on rx pain meds or something.

You and I will NEVER see eye to eye on this... yes, you need it for legit pain.. but we ALL know that this is JUST ONE LITTLE step forward to make the stuff legal... AND I will FIGHT IT TOOTH and nail!

btw.. my Dad died from Cancer.. I am not immune to suffering and pain.  The majority people signing this are not compassionate, caring individuals.. they are thinking.. cool.. one step closer to unbound weed access! PARTY! 

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Bite me.

You and I will NEVER see eye to eye on this... yes, you need it for legit pain.. but we ALL know that this is JUST ONE LITTLE step forward to make the stuff legal... AND I will FIGHT IT TOOTH and nail!

btw.. my Dad died from Cancer.. I am not immune to suffering and pain.  The majority people signing this are not compassionate, caring individuals.. they are thinking.. cool.. one step closer to unbound weed access! PARTY! 

It's nice how you pretend to respect my situation and then bash me like I'm a drug addict and assume you know the motivations of people who support medical marijuana.

Fight all you want, it's coming and all the doomsday predictions those who oppose WON'T come true but we will have more jobs and some tax revenue.

I'm disappointed. After our unpleasant run ins in the past I tried to start with a clean slate but it was only a matter of time before you had to bash me for my medical use of a plant.

Compassionate my ass.

"The problem with the world today is there are too many stupid people.....and no one to eat em!"

~Carlos Mencia

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Bite me.

It's nice how you pretend to respect my situation and then bash me like I'm a drug addict and assume you know the motivations of people who support medical marijuana.

Fight all you want, it's coming and all the doomsday predictions those who oppose WON'T come true but we will have more jobs and some tax revenue.

I'm disappointed. After our unpleasant run ins in the past I tried to start with a clean slate but it was only a matter of time before you had to bash me for my medical use of a plant.

Compassionate my ass.

Bite me.  

As compassionately as you feel about this subject... I feel just as compassionately against it.  I will continue to respect your opinion when I agree with it.. but not on this.  I've seen what happens when a state decides to allow medical mj use... It's amazing how many 20 year olds have "conditions" warranting a prescription.  

That's the BARE TRUTH of it.

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Friday:

Bite me.

Compassionate my ass.

Bite me.  

As compassionately as you feel about this subject... I feel just as compassionately against it.  I will continue to respect your opinion when I agree with it.. but not on this.  I've seen what happens when a state decides to allow medical mj use... It's amazing how many 20 year olds have "conditions" warranting a prescription.  

That's the BARE TRUTH of it.

Telling me to 'smoke up and I'll feel better' isn't respectful.

I'm not wasting anymore time with you. Your feelings are quite clear. Have a nice nite.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Quoting Friday:Telling me to 'smoke up and I'll feel better' isn't respectful.

I'm not wasting anymore time with you. Your feelings are quite clear. Have a nice nite.

you are correct.. it wasn't respectful.

Neither was what got me going: Gotta love those "Small Govt" and "Compassionate" "Conservatives.   What a group of oxymorons.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My brothers case when it got to the supreme court help get weed reduced to a lesser catagory in Indiana.  In the end he was found not guilty and the trial court had erred.

My family did it's part. LOL

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=1971310257Ind53_1298.xml&docbase=CSLWAR1-1950-1985

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Here is more.

http://in.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19721115_0030460.IN.htm/qx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)