Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

OT: Screen name changes....

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Have you ever changed your screen name?

Options:

Nope

yes, one time

yes, many times

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 55

View Results

Skip if you don't want to participate.. it's easy...

I'm baffled...

I've been at CM for 6+ years... never changed my sn...

What's up with that?  I keep hearing of people changing their sn.  One moderator here left a chatterbox message telling me of her changed sn the other day.  Another post mentioned a changed sn.

Is it for hiding and coming in as a "fresh" person?  Is it because you got kicked off of CM so you are reinventing yourself?  Is it because someone had a big ol crush on you and kept following you around?

Oh.. I'll put a poll... but I would love some feedback.  This concept is strange to me.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Abaco
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

liar

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm on my third. I was Kate1022 and MissBearNMonkey before. I left for a year or so and cancelled my account with my first. My second was a combo of my two girls' nicknames, but people like Abaco and Zilla thought it was cute to call me BM. I got sick of the immaturity and had a third child so I chose a name that reflected my current state. 

Abaco
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

For my first user name it was my real name and due to some stalking me and my family on FB I changed it.

The 2nd time I said some things I regretted. KaleaWXT

3rd was StoryKeepers....my favorite. My profile got a virus or something and I couldn't log onto CM without my laptop going nuts. A friend cancelled the acct for me. I stayed out for a couple weeks and to have me come back my friend created the acct Missglobstopper. Then some of the mothers turned it into something vile and I am not friends anymore with the mom that created it.  Since then it's been Abaco.  I tried to get back to StoryKeeper but could not.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Quoting Abaco:

For my first user name it was my real name and due to some stalking me and my family on FB I changed it.

The 2nd time I said some things I regretted. KaleaWXT

3rd was StoryKeepers....my favorite. My profile got a virus or something and I couldn't log onto CM without my laptop going nuts. A friend cancelled the acct for me. I stayed out for a couple weeks and to have me come back my friend created the acct Missglobstopper. Then some of the mothers turned it into something vile and I am not friends anymore with the mom that created it.  Since then it's been Abaco.  I tried to get back to StoryKeeper but could not.

I don't remember any of those sn...lol  I must not have run into you before now.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Nope. I've never had a reason to change.

See.. that's how I feel.

If I conduct myself like I would in real life then I should feel the need to go hide myself or reinvent myself.  (I can't say I do wonderful all the time.. yesterday and today have not been my greatest moments online.. can I blame PMS or my DH "dinging" (as he called it) DENTING our door in on our car!)  

Ooh.. now I am all mad again... lol.. I think I'll go garden...

I feel the same way. If i make an ass of myself or say something stupid or regretful I can just apologize for it. Everyone makes mistakes and says stupid stuff sometimes...what's the big "d"?

very true... I know I spend a lot of time apologizing.

You know.. we are all moms and unfortunately we have those dang hormonal swings due to pregnancy/periods etc..to add to our sometime natural catty/b*tchy natures..lol  We are bound to have good days.. and not so good days.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Quoting _Kissy_:

This is my 3rd SN in 5 yrs. Its not been a secret either.
My first one was my real name and thought cm was a fad, at that time newcomers was the only group I visited, And since my real name is rare, didn't want any stalkers. My 2nd SN people, were more obsessed with picking on it than anything. And there's this one..

I may or may not change it again, but if I do its my prerogative and it wont be a secret

What was it?  Maybe I'd recognize you.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Lol

Quoting Abaco:

liar

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm on my third. I was Kate1022 and MissBearNMonkey before. I left for a year or so and cancelled my account with my first. My second was a combo of my two girls' nicknames, but people like Abaco and Zilla thought it was cute to call me BM. I got sick of the immaturity and had a third child so I chose a name that reflected my current state. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Quoting Abaco:

liar

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

sticking out tongue

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Nope, been Sweet-a-kins since 2008 when I joined

Have thought about it, Sweet-a-kins is my daughters nickname. I came here from another more baby centric website and used the same name...

This group is more Mom centric..but won't change it now..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM
They thinks it's funny to call me SAK

Just proves how disgusting and vulgar they are...

That's why I just fake pray for their fake A$$'s

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Lol

Quoting Abaco:

liar

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on May. 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I have used this sn on the internet since 1998. No reason to change it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)