Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

OT: Screen name changes....

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Have you ever changed your screen name?

Options:

Nope

yes, one time

yes, many times

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 55

View Results

Skip if you don't want to participate.. it's easy...

I'm baffled...

I've been at CM for 6+ years... never changed my sn...

What's up with that?  I keep hearing of people changing their sn.  One moderator here left a chatterbox message telling me of her changed sn the other day.  Another post mentioned a changed sn.

Is it for hiding and coming in as a "fresh" person?  Is it because you got kicked off of CM so you are reinventing yourself?  Is it because someone had a big ol crush on you and kept following you around?

Oh.. I'll put a poll... but I would love some feedback.  This concept is strange to me.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
sarebear31976
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this

oh heavens, I didn't realize that is why people called you that.  I thought it was just a shortening of your screenname.  I apologize if I ever did that, but I swear it never dawned on me it was meant to be mean.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They thinks it's funny to call me SAK

Just proves how disgusting and vulgar they are...

That's why I just fake pray for their fake A$$'s

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Lol

Quoting Abaco:

liar

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm on my third. I was Kate1022 and MissBearNMonkey before. I left for a year or so and cancelled my account with my first. My second was a combo of my two girls' nicknames, but people like Abaco and Zilla thought it was cute to call me BM. I got sick of the immaturity and had a third child so I chose a name that reflected my current state. 

Sarah

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

-Dr. Seuss

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

no need for apologies, Context is key and I know from your posts you are not that way :)

Quoting sarebear31976:

oh heavens, I didn't realize that is why people called you that.  I thought it was just a shortening of your screenname.  I apologize if I ever did that, but I swear it never dawned on me it was meant to be mean.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Lol

Quoting Abaco:

liar

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm on my third. I was Kate1022 and MissBearNMonkey before. I left for a year or so and cancelled my account with my first. My second was a combo of my two girls' nicknames, but people like Abaco and Zilla thought it was cute to call me BM. I got sick of the immaturity and had a third child so I chose a name that reflected my current state. 

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on May. 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
People sometimes call me MoR but I just assume its because they want MOR of ME! HaHaHa!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on May. 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been on CM for 5 or 6 yrs now. When I first came to CM it was for potty training advice for my then almost 3 yr old. I didn't realize that the SN I chose was something I would be stuck with. It had my real first name in it. I later found debate groups that were fun but at times scary when crazy chics went off the deep end and began stalking you. I changed my sn to something I felt was my never ending mission in life. To always seek the truth regardless of my personal beliefs or feelings.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Oh man. I never put that together. :/ That's not cool. I admit, it always makes me uncomfortable when people are rude about your SN since it's your daughter's nickname.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Lol

Quoting Abaco:

liar

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I have always been peanutx3.

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on May. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I thought that was you! I remember you way back from SC! I always liked you:) I remember a post you made showing off your CM shirt and coffee mug. I always wanted some of those. Finally got them.

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on May. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Quoting Abaco:

For my first user name it was my real name and due to some stalking me and my family on FB I changed it.

The 2nd time I said some things I regretted. KaleaWXT

3rd was StoryKeepers....my favorite. My profile got a virus or something and I couldn't log onto CM without my laptop going nuts. A friend cancelled the acct for me. I stayed out for a couple weeks and to have me come back my friend created the acct Missglobstopper. Then some of the mothers turned it into something vile and I am not friends anymore with the mom that created it.  Since then it's been Abaco.  I tried to get back to StoryKeeper but could not.

Oh! I think I remember you. If it's not too personal do you have adopted children or special needs children? 

Abaco
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I have many adopted.....but in my heart ! Not legally.  One son who is 19 now is/was special needs. He had an allergic reaction to the DPT when he was a baby. I remember you.....it was in a debate group. I forgot the name.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Abaco:

For my first user name it was my real name and due to some stalking me and my family on FB I changed it.

3rd was StoryKeepers....my favorite. My profile got a virus or something and I couldn't log onto CM without my laptop going nuts. A friend cancelled the acct for me. I stayed out for a couple weeks and to have me come back my friend created the acct Missglobstopper. Then some of the mothers turned it into something vile and I am not friends anymore with the mom that created it.  Since then it's been Abaco.  I tried to get back to StoryKeeper but could not.

Oh! I think I remember you. If it's not too personal do you have adopted children or special needs children? 

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on May. 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah, yes I remember. I think it may have been in MWM and a vaccine post.  I have 2 special needs children myself so I tend to remember moms of special needs children. CM is a small world:) 

Quoting Abaco:

I have many adopted.....but in my heart ! Not legally.  One son who is 19 now is/was special needs. He had an allergic reaction to the DPT when he was a baby. I remember you.....it was in a debate group. I forgot the name.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Abaco:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)