Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

If you live in NY and like to decide for yourselves what you will consume

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 35 Replies
3 moms liked this

Government overreach always starts in small steps.Some may say meh no big deal but open your minds and look at the big picture.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ready-no-more-big-gulps-new-york-city-to-ban-resale-of-large-sodas/#comments

by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shimamab
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
These laws are really stupid and insulting!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this

I disagree with this but always find it interesting how so many who rail on about the govt getting into what we consume, food, support the failed drug war which is also about what we consume.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep we are much too ignorant to make our own decisions when it comes to food and drink.If I wanted to eat junk and become big and fat by God thats what i'd do! There are other ways to encourage moderation this isn't one of them.To me it is more about control and seeing how far it will be allowed to go.

_Kissy_
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I have no proble with it. But that's just me..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Ehh certain drugs when used by someone CAN be and ARE causing dangers to others.So really not a good comparison.As for weed I do not care about weed..esp for medical purposes im fine with.

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting tnmomofive:

Ehh certain drugs when used by someone CAN be and ARE causing dangers to others.So really not a good comparison.As for weed I do not care about weed..esp for medical purposes im fine with.

I've been told obesity does affect others since we have to pony up costs for their medical issues whether thru Medicaid or private ins or even cash patients. Maybe not dangerous but costly.

Either consenting adults can ingest what they choose, as long as they don't infringe on others rights, or they can't. Just my opinion.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

shimamab
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I think working to make healthy food more readily available and affordable would make more sense...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree shim but that isn't the real goal here as I said before..imo

shimamab
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Puzzling out motive doesn't usually take more than following the money trail :( Pretty sad

Quoting tnmomofive:

I agree shim but that isn't the real goal here as I said before..imo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

If you live in NY or CA you are told what to eat/drink, where you can live, what you drive, what you used to heat your house, etc all thanks to the do gooders that know better.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)