Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

White Supremacist With Ties To Neo-Nazi Groups Elected To Pennsylvania County GOP Committee

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  • 113 Replies

White Supremacist With Ties To Neo-Nazi Groups Elected To Pennsylvania County GOP Committee

The newest member of the Luzerne County Republican Party Committee

Republicans in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania have elected Steve Smith, a lifelong white supremacist with close ties to neo-Nazi groups and groups like Aryan Nations, to the county’s GOP Committee.

The elections, which took place in late April, were certified by the committee two weeks ago, and Smith notified supporters of his victory last week by posting a message to the online forum White News Now.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has documentedSmith’s participation with known skinhead organizations like Keystone State Skinheads, (now Keystone United) which he co-founded in 2001. And his racist activism extends far beyond violent rhetoric as well, into actual violence:

In March 2003, he and two other KSS members were arrested in Scranton for beating up Antoni Williams, a black man, using stones and chunks of pavement. Smith pleaded guilty to terrorist threats and ethnic intimidation and received a 60-day sentence and probation.

Smith is also an active member of local Tea Party groups, a network that he used to gain support for his bid for the committee seat. According to the SPLC, Smith referred to the Tea Party as “fertile grounds for our activists.”

Luzerne County is hardly a small rural county either. According to the 2010 census, over 320,000 people live in Luzerne, many in the county seat of Wilkes-Barre, a large city of over 40,000 people. And in an interesting juxtaposition with the election of an anti-immigrant bigot, Luzerne County saw the nation’s largest county-level increase of Hispanics between 2000 and 2010.

by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asfriend
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Black Liberation Theologist Barack Hussein Obama elected President of the United States of America.

Black Liberation Theologist Barack Huessein Obama - student of controversial Black Liberation Theologist - Jeremiah Wright, brings with him to the White House fellow Black Liberation Theologist Mrs Barack Hussein Obama and two second generation Black Liberation Theologists students, who as minors are not being identified. Fellow controversial associates of Black Liberation Theologist Barack HusseinObama are noted controversial figures Eric Holder, Van Jones and controversial members of the controversial New Black Panthers. At this time no charges are pending against Black Liberation Theologist Barack Hussein Obama for his admitted prior drug use.

shimamab
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM
No accounting for who some people will elect. You're allowed to run for office with a criminal record and jail time? Huh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:54 PM
6 moms liked this

LOL Is there a reason why you can never stick to the story at hand.You deflect,deflect,deflect.What do you think of the person in the article?

Quoting asfriend:

Black Liberation Theologist Barack Hussein Obama elected President of the United States of America.

Black Liberation Theologist Barack Huessein Obama - student of controversial Black Liberation Theologist - Jeremiah Wright, brings with him to the White House fellow Black Liberation Theologist Mrs Barack Hussein Obama and two second generation Black Liberation Theologists students, who as minors are not being identified. Fellow controversial associates of Black Liberation Theologist Barack HusseinObama are noted controversial figures Eric Holder, Van Jones and controversial members of the controversial New Black Panthers. At this time no charges are pending against Black Liberation Theologist Barack Hussein Obama for his admitted prior drug use.

asfriend
by on May. 31, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know him, however I think it is very seldom that I would justify beating someone with stones and chunks of pavement, if he if fact did that.

But your story is not about that, now is it?

Your story screams racism, (on your part) unlike you, I am not going to judge him on his looks.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on May. 31, 2012 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting asfriend:

Lets not forget what Michelle wrote in her thesis at college..  It probably doesn't help when there's obvious radical black groups about..  It's probably "encouraging" people to rethink their stance..GOD help us all from all of these radical groups. 

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 5:37 PM
3 moms liked this

OK let's get something straight.I post stuff on here for discussion purposes.Sometimes I agree with what I post and some times I don't.Do you come here to just act like a 5 year old playground bully?Go tell your mommy play time is over and you need your nap.

Quoting asfriend:

I don't know him, however I think it is very seldom that I would justify beating someone with stones and chunks of pavement, if he if fact did that.

Your story screams racism, (on your part) unlike you, I am not going to judge him on his looks.

VeronicaTex
by on May. 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I originally from Pennsylvania. I grew up near a very small town, out in the country.

Being suspicious and antagonistic toward Blacks was a very common sentiment at that time (1953-1976 for me.)

I am appalled by this happening poated today, but not surprised.

This article's final paragraph's last sentence is very telling.

"And in an interesting juxtaposition with the election of an anti-immigrant bigot, Luzerne County saw the nation's largest county-level increase of Hispanics between 2000-2010."

No wonder this White Supremacist with ties to Neo-Nazi Groups got elected.

Veronica

asfriend
by on May. 31, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Based on your avatar, doubtful.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

OK let's get something straight.I post stuff on here for discussion purposes.Sometimes I agree with what I post and some times I don't.Do you come here to just act like a 5 year old playground bully?Go tell your mommy play time is over and you need your nap.

Quoting asfriend:

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Whatever. Go play in your sand box. Your spoiled brat attitude is getting sickening.

Quoting asfriend:

Based on your avatar, doubtful.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting asfriend:

asfriend
by on May. 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I bet it was a lot more fun for you all when our side just shut up and took it, like John McCain did.

I'm not missing those days much.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting asfriend:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)