Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Massachusetts 10-Point Coalition Leader Jeffrey Brown: Romney always wanted to know what was going on and how he could help

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Reverend of the Union Baptist Church and founder of 10 Point International and former chair of Boston 10 Point Coalition, a non-profit agency dedicated to helping at-risk black youth, says:

“Governor Mitt Romney has left this state in a better place than it was when he came in.

“Mitt Romney cares, and he is fearless. I know that he is a man of compassion. He is a man of integrity. The kind of character that he has, and the concerns that he has [demonstrate that]. He believes in family. He's always wanted to know what was going on and how he could help.”

Check out his statement here in this video, right at the 5 minute mark:

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

The video was really good..thanks..: )   It made me sad when he talked about standing by the family crying who was waiting for their loved one's casket... and he saw the ones in the plane holding their hands over their heart.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

The video was really good..thanks..: )   It made me sad when he talked about standing by the family crying who was waiting for their loved one's casket... and he saw the ones in the plane holding their hands over their heart.

You are welcome!

I liked what Reverend Brown had to say, considering his work with at-risk youth in Boston.  The TenPoint Coalition has a website explaining their mission of changing communities:

http://www.bostontenpoint.org/

matreshka
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Mass was a mess, and Romney did give us health care, but I don't think he can handle Foregin Affairs at all.

godotherightthi
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Lead by example.  One of the things I admire about Romney, when he is involved in something, he does roll up his sleeves and gets the work done.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Quoting godotherightthi:

Lead by example.  One of the things I admire about Romney, when he is involved in something, he does roll up his sleeves and gets the work done.

Yup, Romney certainly does not "lead from the background." 

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting matreshka:

Mass was a mess, and Romney did give us health care, but I don't think he can handle Foregin Affairs at all.

He has good plans, IMO, and I really like what he said after the embassy attacks.  Like other presidents, he will listen to expert advisors and if past is any prediction, he will continue to learn all he can about historical context and what can work, then he'll go to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN