Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

OT - Gretchen Carlson Leaves Set Of Fox & Friends After Co-Host Makes Despicable Sexist Remarks (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Gretchen Carlson Leaves Set Of Fox & Friends After Co-Host Makes Despicable Sexist Remarks (VIDEO)

I'm sure we've all been wondering when the women of Fox News would become fed up with the rampant sexism and anti-women attitudes flowing through the conservative ranks, including Fox itself. And it looks like that day has arrived.

During an interview conducted by Steve Doocy on Fox & Friends on Thursday morning about gender equality and inclusion, female co-host Gretchen Carlson left the set in disgust after co-host Brian Kilmeade made sexist remarks about women. When Carlson walked off set, Kilmeade berated her.

According to ThinkProgress,

"Steve Doocy interviewed members of the U.S. Navy Band about the band's recent inclusion of women. Reacting to the segment, Brian Kilmeade remarked, "Women are everywhere. We're letting them play golf and tennis now. It's out of control." Visibly upset, Gretchen Carlson, the only female host, walked off of the set. "You read the headlines. Since men are so great. Take them [women] away," she said. Kilmeade responded, "All right. Finally." Then, as she walked further off of the set, Kilmeade jeered, "Leaving an all male crew" and added "she needed a shower.""

Here's the video:

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
imamomzilla
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM

ew

NWTK

asfriend
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Another clip from FOX. hmmm...

Slow news day? hehe

That show is hilarious, I love Gretchen.

Machelle669
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM
SMH

momtoscott
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I had no idea women hadn't been allowed in the top Navy band.  AFAIK that's not true of the other top military bands.  For musicians fresh out of conservatory, the military bands are one of the best ways to make a living performing and are the first step on some major orchestra careers.  So in the (admittedly small) world of the performing arts, this is a significant story. 

Not that the above has any relationship to the story reported above.  :)

I thought Kilmeade intended his comment to be joking, but I'm sure it was the tip of the iceberg.  I cannot imagine how bad it is in that studio when the mikes are off.  Carlson must have finally had enough. 

steviechick
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Gretchen didn't look mad to me at all.  In fact, she was smiling when she walked off.  It was a joke.  Brian's comment was a joke, too. 

Yep, this was slow news day so the OP decides to start a thread on non-sensical stuff that happend on F&F?  Perhaps she needs to start watching other news networks that won't report balanced and fair news like the MSM. 

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Quoting steviechick:

Gretchen didn't look mad to me at all.  In fact, she was smiling when she walked off.  It was a joke.  Brian's comment was a joke, too. 

If it wasn't a joke, Fox have left themselves open to one heck of a lawsuit or out of court settlement.

Paperfishies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
After watching the video...it was all in good fun. They were all jokin and being smart asses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM

According to ThinkProgress.  Pretty much says it all. 

According to both of them the whole thing was nothing but joking around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2159552/Women--control-The-moment-Fox-anchor-Gretchen-Carlson-walked-set-anchors-sexist-comment.html

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

According to ThinkProgress,

"Steve Doocy interviewed members of the U.S. Navy Band about the band's recent inclusion of women. Reacting to the segment, Brian Kilmeade remarked, "Women are everywhere. We're letting them play golf and tennis now. It's out of control." Visibly upset, Gretchen Carlson, the only female host, walked off of the set. "You read the headlines. Since men are so great. Take them [women] away," she said. Kilmeade responded, "All right. Finally." Then, as she walked further off of the set, Kilmeade jeered, "Leaving an all male crew" and added "she needed a shower.""

This is the same man that spoke of mixed race couples as cross breeding and Sweden being most "pure"....

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I'm sure it was all about the joke. People just walk off sets on a live show because they're overwhelmed by the hilarity of it all. ESPECIALLY when they're the target.

I don't watch Fox. Ever. Gotta love the backpedalling. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

And the fact that you don't watch FOX and Friends, would pretty much explain why you are unaware of how they joke around like that on the show and buy the thinkprogress spin.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm sure it was all about the joke. People just walk off sets on a live show because they're overwhelmed by the hilarity of it all. ESPECIALLY when they're the target.

I don't watch Fox. Ever. Gotta love the backpedalling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)