Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle: Send Barack Father’s Day Wishes, Cash

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

This weekend is Father’s Day. That means it’s time to give President Obama a hug – and a check, at least according to Michelle Obama.

Today, the Obama campaign sent out a missive from the First Lady to the general public. The header: “Will you wish Barack a happy Father’s Day?”

Apparently, it never occurred to the Obama campaign that the president is not our father. Nonetheless, Michelle wrote this:

Benjamin --

From coaching basketball to knowing how many Jonas brothers there are, Barack is a pretty cool dad.

But more importantly, Barack is a wonderful father and partner. No matter what's on his plate, he puts the kids first, and they know how much he loves them.

This Father's Day, I want Barack to know how much we love and appreciate him back, so I hope you'll join me in wishing him a happy Father's Day:

http: // my. barackobama. com / Fathers-Day

Thanks for all your hard work, and happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there."

-- Michelle

Obama is now trading on his personal popularity alone. Why does it matter that Obama knows the Jonas brothers? Why is it important to Americans that he coaches basketball? Nobody has challenged Obama’s credentials as a father or a husband, yet Michelle still feels we must be informed that Obama is a great daddy and puts his kids first.

So we’re all supposed to join Michelle in wishing Barack a happy Father’s Day.

Or, rather, we’re supposed to send him money.

Because when you click on the above link, you’re taken to a page asking for your contact information. When you give it, you’re immediately linked through to a contribution form asking for cash.

It’s one thing to ask us for Father’s Day wishes. It’s another to ask for a Father’s Day present. Americans all have fathers of their own. They don’t need to be given a surrogate dad by the Obama campaign – and they certainly don’t need to be burdened with giving a Father’s Day political contribution to their non-father based on the fact that he’s nice to his kids and wife.

(breitbart)

happy fathers day2

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

popcorn

cbk_mom3
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow. That woman has some guts. Not many brains, or one ounce of class or dignity or respect, but TONS of guts! And, I don't mean that in a complimentary way, either.

cbk_mom3
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Quick question on the pic--before it was taken, did anyone think to look around for Bo, the non-existent dog, to be sure Obeyme wasn't cooking his "specialty?" ;-)

asfriend
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh, come on, think of it as a going away gift.

asfriend
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Quick question on the pic--before it was taken, did anyone think to look around for Bo, the non-existent dog, to be sure Obeyme wasn't cooking his "specialty?" ;-)

That is how stupid his people are, they don't even think that him in a barbecue apron, might be a bad idea.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM
6 moms liked this

Just don't accept a lunch invite from the Obama....He'll leave you with the bill. 

trippyhippy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Just wanted to let you know that because of this thread, my family has sent the Obama Campain a check for $200. I know that wasn't what you were going for but oh well.
asfriend
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting trippyhippy:

Just wanted to let you know that because of this thread, my family has sent the Obama Campain a check for $200. I know that wasn't what you were going for but oh well.

He is going to need it, he is about to be out of a job.

cbk_mom3
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting trippyhippy:

He is going to need it, he is about to be out of a job.

sidesplittinglaughter

asfriend, I luvs you! You always make me laugh!

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting trippyhippy:

I'd rather send my money to a more noble cause, like The Wounded Warrior Project. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)