Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama in 2011: I Cannot Suspend Deportations by Executive Order

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM
  • 87 Replies
6 moms liked this

"In respect to the notion that I can suspend deportations due to Executive Order, that's just not the case...to ignore those Congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President."

President Obama said this last year at a forum in front of college students:

So, according to the 2011 version of Obama, what President Obama just did IS NOT LEGAL.

Obama halts deportations of young illegals

US illegal immigrant youth

A demonstration by immigrant students for an end to deportations in Los Angeles, California. Picture: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images AFP

US PRESIDENT Barack Obama has suspended the threat of deportation against hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants, delighting crucial Hispanic voters ahead of November's election.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/obama-halts-deportations-of-young-illegals/story-e6frf7lf-1226397408455

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godotherightthi
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM
7 moms liked this

Of course it's not legal...now let's see if his supporters have the integrity to call him out on it.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:19 PM
6 moms liked this

Correct me if I am wrong, but I did not know that the theory of constitutional law could change within 15 months...

Do Obama supporters care about the Constitution or balance of powers? Because every misuse now that people don't fight can be seen as condoning, and eventually those steps might be used as precedent for more misused powers next year, or in 5 years or 10.

itsmesteph11
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM
5 moms liked this

Yeah  but then there was no political expediancy, now, he's losing his pants. Of course he has found that he can do this and nothing happens. I can't count the times he has circumvented the congress and the constitution (not to mention the law) but hey, he knows he can get away with it and until someone really calls him on it,  it's going to continue.  Is this what you want in your President, how you want your country run?  

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting itsmesteph11:

Yeah  but then there was no political expediancy, now, he's losing his pants. Of course he has found that he can do this and nothing happens. I can't count the times he has circumvented the congress and the constitution (not to mention the law) but hey, he knows he can get away with it and until someone really calls him on it,  it's going to continue.  Is this what you want in your President, how you want your country run?  

Let's make a deal, Dem's...you call YOUR guy on his mistakes while he is in office, and I'll do the same for the regardless of who is in office.  As long as they know they can get away with it, they'll keep doing it!!!

Dems, you're up.

asfriend
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Come on, can't a guy evolve?

asfriend
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I can't wait till I'm President, I used to think that it didn't hold enough power for me, but,

Apparently you get to be President, Prime Minister, law maker, judge, jury, executioneer, the decider, dictator, law enforcement, and do most of that while on vacation.

The Libs are not gonna like the precedent that this clown set when I (or someone like me) gets to be President.

Thanks, Presbo, I am gonna owe you one come January.

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting itsmesteph11:

Let's make a deal, Dem's...you call YOUR guy on his mistakes while he is in office, and I'll do the same for the regardless of who is in office.  As long as they know they can get away with it, they'll keep doing it!!!

Dems, you're up.

There are plenty of people who don't consider it a mistake.

godotherightthi
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting itsmesteph11:

Dems, you're up.

The end justifies the means?

asfriend
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting itsmesteph11:

Dems, you're up.

I can't imagine someone like that, what type of person would that be?

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Quoting godotherightthi:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting itsmesteph11:

Dems, you're up.

The end justifies the means?

Rosa Parks would say so. You know that whole, "there is no such thing as a good nazi" scenario? I see it's reverse as true as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)