Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Father's Day Video Shows Mitt Romney's Silly Side - Can you relate more to him after seeing this behind-the-scenes glimpse of him as a dad?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Father's Day Video Shows Mitt Romney's Silly Side

Posted by Lindsay Ferrier on June 17, 2012 

Mitt RomneyMichelle Obama used a well-publicized Pinterest board to tell America that her husband is a great dad -- Now, the Romney campaign has released a special Father's Day video, showcasing a softer-- and sillier-- side of Mitt Romney.

The video contains rarely-seen home movies of Romney clowning around with his kids when they were small, while his now-grown sons recount some of the funny things he said and did when they were children.

Click through to see the video - then tell me what you think of it in the comments.

I don't know about you, but I love seeing these glimpses into a candidate's personal life -- particularly when they involve parenting.

It's no secret that Mitt Romney has had trouble making a personal connection with voters. The campaign clearly hopes videos like this one will show America what Romney is really like.

Not surprisingly, it appears that the Romney family enjoyed many wholesome moments of family fun and innocent practical jokes. I liked hearing about the pranks they pulled on one another and the funny moments they shared.

Where the video lost me is when the boys began rhapsodizing about what a do-gooder their dad was. I actually enjoy hearing about Romney's private good deeds from outside sources, but when his own campaign produces videos about the small favors he did for neighbors a long, long time ago, it feels forced and rings hollow.

That's my take on the video -- What's yours?

Can you relate more to Mitt Romney after seeing this behind-the-scenes glimpse of him as a dad?

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I posted the video yesterday.. I think it's terrific and shows Romney "unzipped"... as Ann would say. wink mini

GO ROMNEY!

Find out more about Mitt Romney.
 Click on Mitt to visit Mitt Romney for President group at Cafemom.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it was cute..especially the part about snow shoveling.  Very nice looking family.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM
I think Romney & Obama both seem like wonderful husbands and fathers...

Just not great political leaders

And I can keep those two separate in my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:03 AM
2 moms liked this

For me, the way one deals with family relationships is an important indication of character, so this area of Romney's life has always impressed me.

I think Romney is a great leader with a deep personal foundation.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

imamomzilla
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved the video....they're all adorable! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN