Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama Asks People Getting Married To Forgo Gifts, Ask Their Guests To Donate To His Campaign Instead…

You can't make crap like this up. 

http://www.barackobama.com/news/entry/the-obama-event-registry

The Obama event registry

By Laura Wilson on 

Got a birthday, anniversary, or wedding coming up?

Let your friends know how important this election is to you—register with Obama 2012, and ask for a donation in lieu of a gift. It’s a great way to support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all appreciate—and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl.

Setting up and sharing your registry page is easy—so get started today.

REGISTER WITH OBAMA 2012

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
michelleinfl
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Seriously?

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM
4 moms liked this

I was just reading this.  I just can not imagine such lunacy.  This type of crap alone should speak volumes.  It's all about Obama.

mehamil1
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Except that you don't actually "know" them. 

I met him once. 5 years ago. Have you met him in person? Despite actually meeting the man (he was really tall) I cannot say that I "know" him. 

Politicians do stupid shit all the time. HE IS A POLITICIAN.  Get over your mock outrage. 

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That man and his wife have more nerve than just about anyone I know of. No brains, class, dignity, respect or common sense, but lots of nerve, and I don't mean that in a complimentary way.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Quoting DSamuels:

I need a new gravy boat. My poor son-in-law broke mine one thanksgiving before he was my son-in-law. Poor guy hears about it every year although I have decreed the statute of limitations has passed. We now have "Vince-proof" gravy boats...plastic ones that are thermal lined and keep the gravy hot.

Quoting Linni7117:

What? "A gift we can all appreciate?" Seriously? 

I'd rather have the gravy bowl. 

LOL

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:41 AM
6 moms liked this

If you want to look at it with such dramatic extremes, who REALLY knows anyone?  We see enough and hear enough from Obama to observe his behavior and those observations just as with anyone else are pretty good indicators of a persons state of mind.  We make assessments on behavior every day.  It is the way the human mind works, from the observations we make to predict  how your neighbor will react to your son throwing a baseball through his window, behavior of other cars on the road, while driving, to the means of assessing a crime scene for a behavioral scientist, in order to determine what the personality and thought processes of the person who committed it would be and we do it every day.

Quoting mehamil1:

I met him once. 5 years ago. Have you met him in person? Despite actually meeting the man (he was really tall) I cannot say that I "know" him. 

Politicians do stupid shit all the time. HE IS A POLITICIAN.  Get over your mock outrage. 

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That man and his wife have more nerve than just about anyone I know of. No brains, class, dignity, respect or common sense, but lots of nerve, and I don't mean that in a complimentary way.

cbk_mom3
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, pin a rose on your nose. I don't care if you "met" him or not. It's tacky, and his wife and him are responsible for it, and I stand by my previous statement,and it has nothing to do with "mock outrage." You need to get over yourself! Oh, and for the record, I would'nt walk across the street to meet him if he offered to pay me to. I have no interest in meeting this individual.

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting cbk_mom3:

cbk_mom3
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL. Yeah, you have a good point there.

Quoting DSamuels:

I wonder if it was his "wide's" idea? After all she has said that for his birthday and father's day you should contribute to his campaign as a present to him.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Him and his wide did this?

Quoting cbk_mom3:

CABZS
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this

What? When did that happen?  I really try not to listen to them anymore at all.

I still just don't get how anyone can want him in office.

My ex told me (not sure why he was even talking politics to me), well we all knew the country was screwed up before he came into office.  I politely told him "yes, but he has spent more in one term, continues to spend more & we are now so far into debt that our great grandchildren will still be paying off his spending!"

It seems these people want to be treated like royalty & have people bow down & kiss their feet, honestly the way he is trying to change things scares me!

Quoting DSamuels:

I wonder if it was his "wide's" idea? After all she has said that for his birthday and father's day you should contribute to his campaign as a present to him.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting cbk_mom3:

artistmom889
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

NOPE, UH UH, NOT GONNA HAPPEN,

Obama's 'change' ISN'T working, so I'm not giving him mine.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I found this, but I'm sure she did something like this for his birthday too. And to this I'd have sent her a big HELL NO, he is NOT my father so no way am I sending him a card.

Gathered around a dark wood table where no food had been served, the President, in his shirtsleeves, was overheard discussing Father's Day during a brief photo op. He lamented that families make a bigger deal of Mother's Day, for which First Lady Michelle Obama has rebuked him, he said.

"There was one year that I got a tie or something and I said why is it that everybody makes a big deal about Mother's day and Father's Day seems to be the forgotten holiday?" President Obama said.

"And Michelle looks at me and she says, 'let me tell you what, every day is Father's day. You're always getting a treat.'"

Mrs. Obama this week e-mailed supporters asking for campaign donations as they sign a Father's Day card for the President.

And this one was from Aug. 2010, she's been doing it for a while!

First lady Michelle Obama is asking for your support. She would like you to help make August 4th special for the President by signing his birthday card. Join your fellow supporters in signing President Barack Obama’s 49th birthday card. Send the President a note or make a donation to show your support in the upcoming [...]

Quoting CABZS:

What? When did that happen?  I really try not to listen to them anymore at all.

I still just don't get how anyone can want him in office.

My ex told me (not sure why he was even talking politics to me), well we all knew the country was screwed up before he came into office.  I politely told him "yes, but he has spent more in one term, continues to spend more & we are now so far into debt that our great grandchildren will still be paying off his spending!"

It seems these people want to be treated like royalty & have people bow down & kiss their feet, honestly the way he is trying to change things scares me!

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)