Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mr. Obama’s Excuses are Revealing his Impotence as “Leader”

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mr. Obama’s Excuses are Revealing his Impotence as “Leader”

June 21st, 2012 11:19 pmAuthor: Vic Lundquist

President Obama is becoming a laughing stock. I really believe that now. Just tonight I was talking with a close friend of mine about decisions Mr. Obama is making. The latest was to invoke executive privilege in the Fast & Furious congressional investigation. To that point yesterday, everybody believed the president had no knowledge of the operation; by invoking executive privilege, he is basically informing the world he is connected to it and now people are routinely using the words “cover up” in reference to him.

We could discuss dozens of such decisions over the last year that make Mr. Obama appear weak among Americans and world leaders. It is almost as if he is trying hard to lose the election in November. In fact, I don’t think I could think of more damaging actions he could be taking right now than those he has taken!

The single most important attribute of this president, which informs Americans and world leaders Mr. Obama is a weak man, is his propensity to blame other people and entities for his failures. Any person that has had a basic leadership course understands well that a good leader shoulders responsibility. To do otherwise is a sure sign of weakness; even vulnerability. The last thing we need in our nation right now is an impotent or feeble leader as POTUS.

Those of you that followed President Reagan’s leadership closely will remember the Iran-Contra scandal. Without describing all the details, Pres. Reagan was being accused of knowing about an operation that was led and directed by others. Then, one day from the Oval office, he went on national television and took direct responsibility. In effect he said he was the president and as such, he was fully responsible. From that moment, his stature as a leader catapulted. People forgave him and the nation moved on.

President Obama cannot do that. He is not a leader. He does not know how to negotiate. He does not command respect. He does not know how to tell the truth. As a narcissist, he cannot accept the blame for any of his actions. It is not in his DNA. I honestly believe Mr. Obama is on course to be perceived by history to be one of America’s worst presidents of all time — certainly the weakest president we have ever had.

The following political cartoon, in my opinion, so perfectly conveys the place in history Mr. Obama has chosen to place himself:

Pres. Obama: “Excuse Maker in Chief” (artwork by Michael Ramirez)

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” ~ Albert Einstein

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Any person that has had a basic leadership course understands well that a good leader shoulders responsibility.

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Bump

shimamab
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM
The difference between "excuses" and "reasons" seems to be largely in the eyes of the beholder. To me, an excuse is an attempt to circumvent responsibility for an event....and he's certainly made some excuses. But he's also done some explaining. Pointing to factors that have precipitated events is an attempt at perspective and scope to me. Taking the blame for things beyond his control would be stupid and meaningless. I think he has a ways to go in the taking responsibility department, but I don't believe every attempt at explanation he makes is an excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this

This : 

Then, one day from the Oval office, he went on national television and took direct responsibility. In effect he said he was the president and as such, he was fully responsible. From that moment, his stature as a leader catapulted. People forgave him and the nation moved on.

President Obama cannot do that. He is not a leader. He does not know how to negotiate. He does not command respect. He does not know how to tell the truth. As a narcissist, he cannot accept the blame for any of his actions.

asfriend
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
true, but when those reasons are simply lies, that doesn't really help

Quoting shimamab:

The difference between "excuses" and "reasons" seems to be largely in the eyes of the beholder. To me, an excuse is an attempt to circumvent responsibility for an event....and he's certainly made some excuses. But he's also done some explaining. Pointing to factors that have precipitated events is an attempt at perspective and scope to me. Taking the blame for things beyond his control would be stupid and meaningless. I think he has a ways to go in the taking responsibility department, but I don't believe every attempt at explanation he makes is an excuse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshinebee2
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Disagree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shimamab
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Lies are lies...good luck finding someone who doesn't. I'm speaking (typing) about the differences perceived in excuses vs reasons. If its a provable lie, that's something else altogether.

Quoting asfriend:

true, but when those reasons are simply lies, that doesn't really help

Quoting shimamab:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I doubt that there's anyone who would blame Obama for things beyond or occurring before he had any control. (OK, there are probably a few, but there always are.) When we are subject to a constant, "It's their fault", we become jaded to it. Sort of like the "Boy Who Cried Wolf". I've always been one who will give credit to or stand up for whomever is right, no matter if they are friend of foe, and I'm not going to be so against him as to say that he has done nothing right, it's all been 100% wrong, and I have stood up when friends repeat things that are untrue about Obama and I say it isn't true. Having said that, a person also needs to take in the whole picture and many times that's where so much negativity comes in. I remember speaking with a neighbor/friend a couple of years ago and BO just wasn't living up to what a POTUS should, I don't remember the details, but my neighbor said, "Oh, he's young, he's learning. He'll eventually get it." I looked at him as if he'd grown another head and replied, "This isn't an on-the-job training position. Too much is at stake here." And that's what I hear from a lot of people, always ready with an excuse for him. Here's what I think, Obama really isn't interested the workings of our government, he believes, (along with Michelle), that they need to save us from ourselves. We need to be shown that Capitalism just doesn't work and the government needs to run everything and we just need to do as they say. Hello. Can I hear a chorus of, "Fuck You." Sure, it's not perfect but look at everything the government gets involved in, it all turns to crap. Mr. Obama and his ignorant, (meaning they don't have experience), cronies need to remember that our Founding Fathers stipulated that the Federal Government was not to be involved in the governing of the states. That was to be left up to each individual state and Federal Government was to take care of items that concerned keeping all states working together, if you will. I totally believe that since Washington was not doing it's job and enforcing the immigration law, Arizona had every right to do what they had to, to ensure the well being of it's citizens. And then Obama had the gall to threaten to sue their governor over it? Lunacy. Obama has told so many lies, including claiming things that he didn't do. He got away with it as a Senator and now people are letting him get away with it now. There is a whole laundry list of his accomplishments in which a chunk of them he hasn't done, another chunk are merely authorizing committees to look into something. And some of them are things like renaming a road in honor of someone, approving the extension of an airport runway, etc. But truly, the narcissism is tied with lying as his worst traits. Asking people to give up their gifts and give to his campaign instead? OMG. Is upset because Mother's Day is bigger than Father's Day? Named the family dog after himself? But really, it's the ego trip, illusions of grandeur, whatever you want to call it. I could name a few, but I think I've gone on long enough.

BTW, I was just wondering what it was that Sunshinebee2 disagreed with? Just curious

YES, WE ALL KNOW OF COURSE THAT OBAMA JUST WANTS THE BEST FOR US. (gosh, I feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking of that.)

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Quoting Xlandria:

I doubt that there's anyone who would blame Obama for things beyond or occurring before he had any control. (OK, there are probably a few, but there always are.) When we are subject to a constant, "It's their fault", we become jaded to it. Sort of like the "Boy Who Cried Wolf". I've always been one who will give credit to or stand up for whomever is right, no matter if they are friend of foe, and I'm not going to be so against him as to say that he has done nothing right, it's all been 100% wrong, and I have stood up when friends repeat things that are untrue about Obama and I say it isn't true. Having said that, a person also needs to take in the whole picture and many times that's where so much negativity comes in. I remember speaking with a neighbor/friend a couple of years ago and BO just wasn't living up to what a POTUS should, I don't remember the details, but my neighbor said, "Oh, he's young, he's learning. He'll eventually get it." I looked at him as if he'd grown another head and replied, "This isn't an on-the-job training position. Too much is at stake here." And that's what I hear from a lot of people, always ready with an excuse for him. Here's what I think, Obama really isn't interested the workings of our government, he believes, (along with Michelle), that they need to save us from ourselves. We need to be shown that Capitalism just doesn't work and the government needs to run everything and we just need to do as they say. Hello. Can I hear a chorus of, "Fuck You." Sure, it's not perfect but look at everything the government gets involved in, it all turns to crap. Mr. Obama and his ignorant, (meaning they don't have experience), cronies need to remember that our Founding Fathers stipulated that the Federal Government was not to be involved in the governing of the states. That was to be left up to each individual state and Federal Government was to take care of items that concerned keeping all states working together, if you will. I totally believe that since Washington was not doing it's job and enforcing the immigration law, Arizona had every right to do what they had to, to ensure the well being of it's citizens. And then Obama had the gall to threaten to sue their governor over it? Lunacy. Obama has told so many lies, including claiming things that he didn't do. He got away with it as a Senator and now people are letting him get away with it now. There is a whole laundry list of his accomplishments in which a chunk of them he hasn't done, another chunk are merely authorizing committees to look into something. And some of them are things like renaming a road in honor of someone, approving the extension of an airport runway, etc. But truly, the narcissism is tied with lying as his worst traits. Asking people to give up their gifts and give to his campaign instead? OMG. Is upset because Mother's Day is bigger than Father's Day? Named the family dog after himself? But really, it's the ego trip, illusions of grandeur, whatever you want to call it. I could name a few, but I think I've gone on long enough.

BTW, I was just wondering what it was that Sunshinebee2 disagreed with? Just curious

YES, WE ALL KNOW OF COURSE THAT OBAMA JUST WANTS THE BEST FOR US. (gosh, I feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking of that.)

Bold part.. I'm guessing the overall premise that Obama is impotent?  wink mini 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)