Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Job creation under Obama

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is some good information on job creation under Obama and previous Presidents.  And before anyone says that of course they show in his favor because he is the President then please explain to me why job creation was down under Bush and into the start of Obama's presidency.  I think the Dept. of Labor does a good job of keeping good and accurate information regarding our current employment status. 

Just something to think about and also to show some here that job creation has gone UP not down as some here want to believe.

http://www.truthfulpolitics.com/http:/truthfulpolitics.com/comments/u-s-job-creation-by-president-political-party/

truthful politics reviewed jobs statistics provided by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides the official numbers on jobs gained or lost for the U.S. Both charts below show how many jobs annually were created, or lost, nationally during presidential terms and/or political party. The numbers are in thousands. The first chart displays all jobs, including government sector jobs (i.e., in 1939, approximately 1.6 million jobs were created). To see the raw data on the Bureau’s website, use Series ID CES0000000001. The second chart displays all private sector jobs; government sector jobs are NOT included (i.e., in 1939, approximately 1.5 million jobs were created). To see the raw data on the Bureau’s website, use Series ID CES0500000001.

U.S. Job Creation during Presidential Terms or Political Party

U.S. Private Sector Job Creation during Presidential Terms or Political Party

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Replies (31-32):
asfriend
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Yeah, one of my own, never trust whitey

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting DixieL:

President Obama is trying to do everything he promised. Republicans are trying to make sure he doesn't get credit for anything and they are also voting down things that they are for just so Obama doesn't get the credit he deserves

Pathetic.

I'll bet you are really upset today. One of your own voted to uphold Obamacare Too bad

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Thanks for posting this. Those who don't want to see it won't. But some who are more receptive will see it & go from there. Things are not great by a long shot, but things are getting better. Some places were hurt harder than others so it is going to take a longer time for them to see improvements.

My town is doing great. We weathered the recession very well. I've been getting contacted for job interviews & I haven't even graduated yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)