Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

OBAMA ‘DOESN’T THINK WE’RE PART OF THE COUNTRY ANYMORE’

Posted by   + Show Post

ARIZONA GOVERNOR: OBAMA ‘DOESN’T THINK WE’RE PART OF THE COUNTRY ANYMORE’ | Arizona governor Jan Brewer lashed out at the Obama administration for pulling back “on a program known as 287(g), which allows the feds to deputize local officials to make immigration-based arrests” following the Supreme Court’s decision invalidating substantial sections of SB 1070. “Guess what he’s telling us is Arizona, ‘you’re on your own. Take it or leave it. You know?” she said during an interview with CNN’s John King. “I guess he doesn’t think we’re part of the country anymore.” Watch it:

Brewer is cheering the the Court’s decision, arguing that the justices preserved the “heart” of the law which “lets police check a person’s immigration status while enforcing other laws if ‘reasonable suspicion’ exists that the person is in the United States illegally.”

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Replies (41-49):
29again
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Well, you know that is only because we have gotten so lazy.  At least that is what our leader thinks.   ;)

Poor man.   I bet he is a legal immigrant, too.

Quoting startupscafe:

Fewer and fewer jobs for Americans.  

We met a Yugoslavian the other day looking for more metal to cash in.  Even the foreigners are hurting.  But hey, the Mexicans get special privileges above American citizens and other foreigners.  The Yugoslavian lost his country.  It is no longer Yugoslavia.  He is a man without a country.  Seems like Americans are getting closer and closer to the same.

Quoting 29again:

Gas stations, convenience stores, nail salons, restaurants, etc. etc. etc.......

Quoting startupscafe:

Are you talking about those foreigners who buy up the gas stations putting more Americans out of jobs?

Quoting 29again:

Oh, and let's not forget all the start-up loans that particular groups of people get....

Quoting startupscafe:

EXACTLY SO!!!  Those people think they are being so compassionate when they are overburdening our society with illegals who are taking over sectors of employment like when they begin a business doing electrical work, it gets popular and it runs the American electricians out of town because the illegals are undercutting everyone.  They aren't starving.  Mexico looks like the United States because of all the money being sent there from the U.S.  They have Walmarts and Sam's Clubs just like we do.

Quoting 29again:

EXACTLY!!  Yet, according to some people, we should be more concerned with the plight of the illegal immigrant than with the troubles of taxpaying Americans.....

Quoting startupscafe:

The U.S. isn't even obligated to take care of other countries.  Our own people are in need and there are people starving here, losing their homes, losing their jobs while industries are being run out of the U.S.  Minimum wage increases have caused more businesses to shut down while employers cannot afford another dollar every hour to pay their employees, including overhead costs constantly increasing.  More government regulation also has a lot to do with more unemployment further costing businesses.  The list just goes on and on and on.

Quoting 29again:

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

regardless of who has deported more illegal immagrants during their time in office.  our border states have a horrible problem with illegal immigration that is bringing drugs, violence,( mass murders, murders and kidnapping) and other problems into our states.  something needs to be done.  yes the federal govt and obama have done somethings buts its not enough.  If they arent going to solve and stop the problem they should let the states do what they need to do to protect the ppl who live here.   i really dont see a problem( other than the racial profileling, which already happens and isnt right) but if you are a citizen or legal resident show your proof( which would be your drivers license since now you have to show proof to even get it or renew it)  get your ticket and go on.   

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:36 AM
I think it has more to do with more 'boots on the ground'...and his admin deporting more illegals than past admins

Quoting 29again:

I think it has more to do with Americans doing "that work that Americans won't do" and the states that are cracking down on illegal immigration more than anything Obama has done.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

He also achieved a net zero illegal immigrant number...so yea...seems he's doing a great Job on that front

Quoting 29again:

There is a difference between putting more agents on the ground and protection.  And yes, I heard he has deported more illegals than Bush.  However, he has THE MOST lenient guidelines for deportation, EVER! 
So, while the talking points might make him seem to be more tough on immigration, it is just talk.  Yet again, his policies aren't working.

Quoting mehamil1:

Obama has actually beefed up the forces along the border and has deported more undocumented immigrants than Bush in his whole 8 years. So yes, he is doing it. At the federal level where it's supposed to happen. Just to let you know, I am not an Obama supporter. I just had to point this out. 

Immigration is a federal issue. Not a state issue. That is in our constitution. I do not agree with the Supreme Courts ruling. But then I rarely agree with anything any branch of the government does. 

Quoting 29again:

Well, he won't allow them to protect their borders, and he won't do it.  So who is supposed to?  The Fed Gov is supposed to protect the borders of the United States. He is ignoring AZ, so I would have to say that Gov. Brewer is correct in her theory.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
startupscafe
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM

In N. Korea, they called Kim Jong-il "Dear Leader."  The children went to school very young to be taught to worship "Dear Leader."  The parents only were allowed to have their children late in the day and the laws are that bedtime and lights out at a certain time at night.  Government controls the lights.  I guess that is what people really want.  But that isn't being free.  They like slavery.

Quoting 29again:

Well, you know that is only because we have gotten so lazy.  At least that is what our leader thinks.   ;)

Poor man.   I bet he is a legal immigrant, too.

Quoting startupscafe:

Fewer and fewer jobs for Americans.  

We met a Yugoslavian the other day looking for more metal to cash in.  Even the foreigners are hurting.  But hey, the Mexicans get special privileges above American citizens and other foreigners.  The Yugoslavian lost his country.  It is no longer Yugoslavia.  He is a man without a country.  Seems like Americans are getting closer and closer to the same.

Quoting 29again:

Gas stations, convenience stores, nail salons, restaurants, etc. etc. etc.......

Quoting startupscafe:

Are you talking about those foreigners who buy up the gas stations putting more Americans out of jobs?

Quoting 29again:

Oh, and let's not forget all the start-up loans that particular groups of people get....

Quoting startupscafe:

EXACTLY SO!!!  Those people think they are being so compassionate when they are overburdening our society with illegals who are taking over sectors of employment like when they begin a business doing electrical work, it gets popular and it runs the American electricians out of town because the illegals are undercutting everyone.  They aren't starving.  Mexico looks like the United States because of all the money being sent there from the U.S.  They have Walmarts and Sam's Clubs just like we do.

Quoting 29again:

EXACTLY!!  Yet, according to some people, we should be more concerned with the plight of the illegal immigrant than with the troubles of taxpaying Americans.....

Quoting startupscafe:

The U.S. isn't even obligated to take care of other countries.  Our own people are in need and there are people starving here, losing their homes, losing their jobs while industries are being run out of the U.S.  Minimum wage increases have caused more businesses to shut down while employers cannot afford another dollar every hour to pay their employees, including overhead costs constantly increasing.  More government regulation also has a lot to do with more unemployment further costing businesses.  The list just goes on and on and on.

Quoting 29again:

startupscafe
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:12 AM

The Mexicans and other foreigners, including foreign Muslims, keep calling Americans "Europeans" and "Illegals" now.  Those "boots on the ground" may get orders to chuck Americans out of the country someday.  Obama is not even an American citizen.  His college was paid for by American citizens.  He came here on a foreign exchange program for college, fully paid for by our government as a foreign national from Kenya.  Michelle admits he is from Kenya.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I think it has more to do with more 'boots on the ground'...and his admin deporting more illegals than past admins

Quoting 29again:

I think it has more to do with Americans doing "that work that Americans won't do" and the states that are cracking down on illegal immigration more than anything Obama has done.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

He also achieved a net zero illegal immigrant number...so yea...seems he's doing a great Job on that front

Quoting 29again:

There is a difference between putting more agents on the ground and protection.  And yes, I heard he has deported more illegals than Bush.  However, he has THE MOST lenient guidelines for deportation, EVER! 
So, while the talking points might make him seem to be more tough on immigration, it is just talk.  Yet again, his policies aren't working.

Quoting mehamil1:

Obama has actually beefed up the forces along the border and has deported more undocumented immigrants than Bush in his whole 8 years. So yes, he is doing it. At the federal level where it's supposed to happen. Just to let you know, I am not an Obama supporter. I just had to point this out. 

Immigration is a federal issue. Not a state issue. That is in our constitution. I do not agree with the Supreme Courts ruling. But then I rarely agree with anything any branch of the government does. 

Quoting 29again:

Well, he won't allow them to protect their borders, and he won't do it.  So who is supposed to?  The Fed Gov is supposed to protect the borders of the United States. He is ignoring AZ, so I would have to say that Gov. Brewer is correct in her theory.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Where did you get this information from? President Obama was born in Hawaii...even if you're a psychotic birther...his MOTHER is an American citizen so SO IS HE....

Please provide proof of his supposed foreign exchange student program....or admit you lied

Quoting startupscafe:

The Mexicans and other foreigners, including foreign Muslims, keep calling Americans "Europeans" and "Illegals" now.  Those "boots on the ground" may get orders to chuck Americans out of the country someday.  Obama is not even an American citizen.  His college was paid for by American citizens.  He came here on a foreign exchange program for college, fully paid for by our government as a foreign national from Kenya.  Michelle admits he is from Kenya.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

LIMom1105
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting 29again:

Do you ever read any news?  Let's see.... they aren't just in menial jobs any more.  They can be found in meat processing plants, transformer plants, poultry plants, car washes, and many other types of work.  They aren't just maids and gardeners. 

Quoting LIMom1105:

These illegals ate living the high life? You have drunk too much Kool Aid. Most people do menial jobs that can be hard work and pay cash (think lawn care, restaurant work, cleaning women, etc.). Jobs that pay less than minimum wage often, and work more hours than Americans legally work. I don't see Americans eager to work their jobs under these terms, at least not where I live. So deport them all so they can no longer live the high life and where does that leave businesses that have economies based upon cheap labor? Nowhere.

It's an economic issue as well as a humane issue.

Quoting 29again:

OK.  I will give him credit for deporting the murderers and rapists.  (Who just come back over the border, but let's not worry about that, that doesn't count, in fact, that would just make the numbers BETTER, wouldn't it??!!??)  But, drunk driving isn't that bad an offense, no need to deport someone for that, especially if they have family here.  And those silly illegals who think they don't need a license to drive a vehicle, lol, they just don't understand our laws yet, give them some time!  Anbd I suppose it doesn't really hurt anyone if they defraud the welfare system, either.

But by all means, YAY Obama, who deported the illegals with  criminal records

(and allowed those without a record to stay and the high life....)

Quoting bellawomen:

Whether he wanted to or not is not the issue...he did.  Give him credit.  What his does NOW is another story.  He is still deporting after the EO for the record.  From my understanding, the rate of deportation is relatively unchanged because of the EO.

And what news are you watching?  I'm assuming a network that has a very conservative slant. Yes, I'm sure some people who are here illegally manage to land high paying jobs. But they are still getting paid off the books, and I would hardly say most are living the "high life" which another poster had stated.  I was responding to that. 

Most people I see working in kitchens, yard work, construction work, moving, or cleaning in my neck of the woods are not American born. Are they here legally or illegally? Some I am sure are legal, some are not. My point was if you deport them all (as many in the GOP would like) you have industries with huge job vacancies. Fields that cannot afford to sustain the prices they offer now without increasing the cost we as consumers pay.  And is a car wash a job that allows one to live "high on the hog?"  No, unless you are the owner.  I doubt those guys earn minimum wage.

I love these starter lines "do you ever watch the news?" So insulting, yet clearly you know it all, so I don't know why I'm bothering to write.

LIMom1105
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG, the misinformation is rampant. Just read through the last pages of posts. Should have known you're a birther.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN