Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

“Tough Time to Be a White Man in America Where The Minorities Are Really Taking Over”

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 21 Replies

WaPo Mag Editor: “Tough Time to Be a White Man in America Where The Minorities Are Really Taking Over”…

Watch It : http://www.mrctv.org/videos/wapo-mag-editor-tough-time-be-white-man-america-where-minorities-are-really-taking-over

Via Newsbusters:

I think it’s a tough time to be a white man in America where the minorities are really taking over, to be quite honest. You’ve noticed on the show people are willing to vote for an atheist. The Latinos are stepping out. They are, minorities are outnumbering all whites in America.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/06/25/wapo-mag-editor-tough-time-to-be-a-white-man-in-america-where-the-minorities-are-really-taking-over/

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VeronicaTex
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:14 AM
3 moms liked this

I listened to the very short video after I read some of the 40 comments.

To someone who thinks like a politician, it may seem the minorities are taking over.

To me, who believes like an American that we live in the land of the brave and the free:  It's about time that minorities have a voice and assume their rightful place alongside us Whites.

Veronica

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 5:26 AM
Not surprising

Sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 5:55 AM
4 moms liked this

I find it funny that he said "minorities are taking over".  Maybe in his mind they are taking over because rights and priveledges afforded to powerful, rich, white men are now being afforded to everyone including these "minorities".  They finally have a voice and a say in what happens to their country. 

I find this line of thinking sad. 

mommygiggles317
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting VeronicaTex:

To someone who thinks like a politician, it may seem the minorities are taking over.

To me, who believes like an American that we live in the land of the brave and the free:  It's about time that minorities have a voice and assume their rightful place alongside us Whites.

Veronica

hugs

love you signExercising Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding...

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:28 AM

The white male is the minority any more.

crazymomof4787
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

So true especially a white male over 40. 

Quoting gsprofval:

mehamil1
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Is or isn't? The white male is the minority now? I don't understand what you are trying to say. 

Quoting gsprofval:

mehamil1
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I've got my Rosetta Stone software for Mexican Spanish! I will roll with these changes. Bout time. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

mehamil1
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

From my own perspective as a white person, white people aren't that great. No better than anyone else. Heaven forbid other people who aren't white now have a seat at the table. 

Quoting bluespagan:

I find it funny that he said "minorities are taking over".  Maybe in his mind they are taking over because rights and priveledges afforded to powerful, rich, white men are now being afforded to everyone including these "minorities".  They finally have a voice and a say in what happens to their country. 

I find this line of thinking sad. 

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM

What I'm saying is that there are so many other minorities now, including women, that the white male, especially those over 40, are now at the bottom of the totum pole and are really the minority who can't find jobs because they are white males and are the last to be hired.

Quoting mehamil1:

Is or isn't? The white male is the minority now? I don't understand what you are trying to say. 

Quoting gsprofval:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)