Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

“Tough Time to Be a White Man in America Where The Minorities Are Really Taking Over”

Posted by   + Show Post

WaPo Mag Editor: “Tough Time to Be a White Man in America Where The Minorities Are Really Taking Over”…

Watch It : http://www.mrctv.org/videos/wapo-mag-editor-tough-time-be-white-man-america-where-minorities-are-really-taking-over

Via Newsbusters:

I think it’s a tough time to be a white man in America where the minorities are really taking over, to be quite honest. You’ve noticed on the show people are willing to vote for an atheist. The Latinos are stepping out. They are, minorities are outnumbering all whites in America.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/06/25/wapo-mag-editor-tough-time-to-be-a-white-man-in-america-where-the-minorities-are-really-taking-over/

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
mehamil1
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM
4 moms liked this

Well, that's just not true. This is still very much a white patriarchal society. White people are still at the helm of just about every single major institution. White men are still 90% of the CEO's. They are still the presidents of colleges. They are still in the majority of elected leaders. They are still the vast majority of business owners. They are still the majority of police officers. 

White men still occupy postitions of great power in the vast majority. 

White men are still hired over women and other minorities. Especially if that particular place already has a minority or "enough" women. 

I'd love to see where you are getting this info. Mine is coming from the US census bureau. 

Quoting gsprofval:

What I'm saying is that there are so many other minorities now, including women, that the white male, especially those over 40, are now at the bottom of the totum pole and are really the minority who can't find jobs because they are white males and are the last to be hired.

Quoting mehamil1:

Is or isn't? The white male is the minority now? I don't understand what you are trying to say. 

Quoting gsprofval:

The white male is the minority any more.

VeronicaTex
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

After living in South America, in Bolivia, as a Rotary Exchange Student when I was 17, my appetite for Spanish (all Spanish-speaking countries) has been insatiable.

I am around Mexican Spanish the most now.

About Rosetta Stone:  When I was in the Bilingual/ESL classroom I had samples of Rosetta Stone.  That system can't be beat for one of the best ways to learn Spanish!!!!

Verónica     wink

Quoting mehamil1:

I've got my Rosetta Stone software for Mexican Spanish! I will roll with these changes. Bout time. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I listened to the very short video after I read some of the 40 comments.

To someone who thinks like a politician, it may seem the minorities are taking over.

To me, who believes like an American that we live in the land of the brave and the free:  It's about time that minorities have a voice and assume their rightful place alongside us Whites.

Veronica

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

um, NO

Quoting gsprofval:

What I'm saying is that there are so many other minorities now, including women, that the white male, especially those over 40, are now at the bottom of the totum pole and are really the minority who can't find jobs because they are white males and are the last to be hired.

Quoting mehamil1:

Is or isn't? The white male is the minority now? I don't understand what you are trying to say. 

Quoting gsprofval:

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM

*Groan*  This sounds like it came straight out of my uncle's mouth!

VeronicaTex
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I have heard this also.

Do you have statistics to back this up,  found in a reliable source?

Please share.

Thank you,

Veronica

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting gsprofval:

mehamil1
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

She doesn't. I know for a fact that she doesn't. The stats I quoted come out of the US census Bureau. I know that the government lies all the time but I doubt numbers like that would be fabricated. What she's saying is white supremacist propaganda. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I have heard this also.

Do you have statistics to back this up,  found in a reliable source?

Please share.

Thank you,

Veronica

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting gsprofval:

mehamil1
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Mine too. He's 70 years old and misses the days where he could go to the southside of Chicago and terrorize the black neighborhoods with impunity. 

Quoting kailu1835:

*Groan*  This sounds like it came straight out of my uncle's mouth!

Citygirlk
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Since when lmao they will always have it easier minority or not.

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting gsprofval:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Wow this guy is living in his own little world isn't he?

Friday
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Oh.His.God! There are people who would willingly vote for an open Atheist? The horror.

All I can do is shake my head at people who think like that.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN