Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Holder Sets Up Hotline For Illegals To Snitch On Arizona Law Enforcement After Supreme Court Ruling

Posted by   + Show Post

Holder Sets Up Hotline For Illegals To Snitch On Arizona Law Enforcement After Supreme Court Ruling…

Chutzpah.

WASHINGTON (AP) ‚ÄĒ The Justice Department has set up a hotline for the public to report potential civil rights concerns regarding the Arizona law that requires police to check the immigration status of those they stop for other reasons.

The hotline phone number is 1-855-353-1010. The email is: SB1070@usdoj.gov.

The Supreme Court unanimously approved Arizona‚Äôs ‚Äúshow-me-your-papers‚ÄĚ requirement on Monday but struck down provisions that created state crimes allowing local police to arrest people for federal immigration violations.

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
mehamil1
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I'm just gonna go ahead and point out that the 9/11 terrorists came in through Canada. Lots of people get in through the Canadian border. My son's father got here through the Canadian border in Michigan. 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Well, I'm betting any terrorist that comes through "appreciate" this decision.. What's next free Disney passes courtesy of the tax payer? 

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Quoting mehamil1:

I'm just gonna go ahead and point out that the 9/11 terrorists came in through Canada. Lots of people get in through the Canadian border. My son's father got here through the Canadian border in Michigan. 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Well, I'm betting any terrorist that comes through "appreciate" this decision.. What's next free Disney passes courtesy of the tax payer? 

Are you saying that there's more risk at the Canadian border than the Mexican border?    AND..In anycase..whether more comes from Mexico vs. Canada, or "where ever"..the borders NEED to be protected from terrorist.. period. 

mehamil1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

There's a lot of risk at the Canadian border. However, Canada is full of white people and is run by white people. Mexico is not. 

Canadians are not trying to get into the US the way a lot of Mexicans are. I acknowledge that. But many people from other parts of the world get into Canada and then head into the US. The security at the northern border is pretty lax. Even after 9/11. 

Quoting Ednarooni160:
Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Are you saying that there's more risk at the Canadian border than the Mexican border?    AND..In anycase..whether more comes from Mexico vs. Canada, or "where ever"..the borders NEED to be protected from terrorist.. period. 

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Quoting mehamil1:

There's a lot of risk at the Canadian border. However, Canada is full of white people and is run by white people. Mexico is not. 

Canadians are not trying to get into the US the way a lot of Mexicans are. I acknowledge that. But many people from other parts of the world get into Canada and then head into the US. The security at the northern border is pretty lax. Even after 9/11. 

Quoting Ednarooni160:
Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

And that's the problem..there's too much LAX going on at both borders..especially after 9/11..

hautemama83
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM
LOL does she not know what indigenous means?

Quoting mehamil1:

A girl I went to high school with left Arizona and came back to Illinois for that very reason. She's Hispanic and was born and raised here in Chicago. Her family is originally from Texas. Back when Texas was still part of Mexico. Her words on Facebook upon returning to Chicago "FUCK YOU JAN BREWER! I am indigenous to this land, YOU ARE NOT! Who's the real "illegal" immigrant?" 

Oh, that one burns. It burns! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Native to the land. Her family is native to the land of Texas. As in they were there long before white people showed up and stole the land out from underneath them. 

Do you think she used the term incorrectly in the status update? 

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting mehamil1:

A girl I went to high school with left Arizona and came back to Illinois for that very reason. She's Hispanic and was born and raised here in Chicago. Her family is originally from Texas. Back when Texas was still part of Mexico. Her words on Facebook upon returning to Chicago "FUCK YOU JAN BREWER! I am indigenous to this land, YOU ARE NOT! Who's the real "illegal" immigrant?" 

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:31 AM
I don't really see why this is such a problem. If you are a citizen and they ask ( or demand) shiw your a citizen or legal to be hear and if your not Im sorry but face the consequences of comeing into a country illegally( you would face worse in other countries) . i know get targeted racially is wrong( but it happends all the time not regarding citizen ship. It's not right but it does happen all the time). Buti i still don't see why this law in Arizona is that big of a deal.
hautemama83
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Yes, because she did for what she's getting at. Natives aren't even indigenous to the US. Just like Mexicans arent indigenous to Mexico, or the southwestern states.

Quoting mehamil1:

Native to the land. Her family is native to the land of Texas. As in they were there long before white people showed up and stole the land out from underneath them. 

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting mehamil1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM

"she did for what she's getting at" < I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I make grammar mistakes all the time, so no big deal. But I'd love to know what you are trying to say. 

I don't understand what you mean by natives aren't indigenous to the US. Her family existed in that area for thousands of years. How is that not being native to that land? 

I'm Irish. I'm native to the island of Ireland. I'm decended from Celtic tribes who settled the land and adapted to it (pale skin, really really pale). Native Americans settled the land in north and south America over the course of 13,000 years (or more, I've seen upwards of 40,000 years) and adapted to the environment. How is that not being indigenous to the land?

Quoting hautemama83:

Yes, because she did for what she's getting at. Natives aren't even indigenous to the US. Just like Mexicans arent indigenous to Mexico, or the southwestern states.
Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting mehamil1:

hautemama83
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM
What I mean is she's throwing around the term indigenous, to gain credibility. Or prove her point.
^^^ I should've clarified that better. Its late and I'm exhausted. Sorry about that LOL.

To be indigenous, is to be naturally from the land. In other words you didn't migrate to a land. The earliest known people here in the US are found, and believed to be of Asian decent. Her family being here for thousands of years (which I highly doubt being the time period when Europeans evaded Mexico), is irrelevant.

Quoting mehamil1:

"she did for what she's getting at" < I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I make grammar mistakes all the time, so no big deal. But I'd love to know what you are trying to say. 

I don't understand what you mean by natives aren't indigenous to the US. Her family existed in that area for thousands of years. How is that not being native to that land? 

I'm Irish. I'm native to the island of Ireland. I'm decended from Celtic tribes who settled the land and adapted to it (pale skin, really really pale). Native Americans settled the land in north and south America over the course of 13,000 years (or more, I've seen upwards of 40,000 years) and adapted to the environment. How is that not being indigenous to the land?

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting mehamil1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)