Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

65 Percent of Americans say Obama better suited to handle alien invasion than Romney

Posted by   + Show Post

In the event that Bill Pullman isn't available, two-thirds of respondents to a new survey say that President Barack Obama would be better suited to handle an alien invasion than presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

"We wanted the pulse on people's opinions," said Brad Dancer, senior vice president of research and digital media for National Geographic, who conducted the survey for the new series "Chasing UFOs." "We wanted to get a sense of how Americans view UFOs, what people believe and how mainstream pop culture may or may not be playing into their opinions on it."

Nearly 65 percent of respondents said Obama would be better suited to handle a theoretical alien invasion than Romney.

In fact, Obama trumped Romney across the board, winning a majority of support from women (68 percent), men (61 percent) and those aged 18 to 64 (68 percent).

Romney's strongest bracket was with senior citizens, where he split the vote with Obama at 50 percent each.

During a May visit to the White House by the actor Will Smith and his family, Obama was quizzed by Smith's 13-year-old son, Jaden, about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. In an interview with the BBC, Smith recounted Obama's reaction to his son:

"OK, I can neither confirm or deny the existence of extraterrestrials," Obama reportedly said from the White House Situation Room. "But I can tell you if there had been a top secret meeting, and if there would have been a discussion about it, it would have taken place in this room."

-- Guess we know who is going to win the election!!!

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You mean Will Smith? Yea, I'd totally take Will Smith over Obama anyday if there's an alien invasion! lol Will Smith kicks alien butt. Call the Men in Black! lol

Quoting Citygirlk:

F that wheres mogan freeman or the guy from independence day those are the people we need in power if a alien attack happens.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Also...werewolves and vampires...who's better on werewolves and vampires?  I don't think I can decide whom to vote for until I know...

Where's a president like Abe Lincoln when we need it!  

Find out more about Mitt Romney.
 Click on Mitt to visit Mitt Romney for President group at Cafemom.

Citygirlk
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM
No not will (but he does kick alien ass pretty good) the guy that played president. That speech he gave towards the end was perfect.

Quoting im23vaughn:

You mean Will Smith? Yea, I'd totally take Will Smith over Obama anyday if there's an alien invasion! lol Will Smith kicks alien butt. Call the Men in Black! lol

Quoting Citygirlk:

F that wheres mogan freeman or the guy from independence day those are the people we need in power if a alien attack happens.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Also...werewolves and vampires...who's better on werewolves and vampires?  I don't think I can decide whom to vote for until I know...

Where's a president like Abe Lincoln when we need it!  

I know, right?!  LOL!

What is Romney's position on zombies?  I figure you're the person to ask.  ;-)

asfriend
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Why the hate?

President Obama and the Supreme Court just want aliens to have health care.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

We can't forget Mars Attack!

President Dale: I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad.

GaleJ
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

OKAY...there is simply no limit to the silliness and the polls taken in a presidential election year but if we are invaded by aliens I am glad that my fellow Americans have considered the possibilities.

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM

One can never be too prepared! lol

Quoting GaleJ:

OKAY...there is simply no limit to the silliness and the polls taken in a presidential election year but if we are invaded by aliens I am glad that my fellow Americans have considered the possibilities.

1Giovanni
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Well during Bush's time in office, Texas got some data that aliens where going to attack then. I guess they scared them away. Or they had them come and take over our government.

I guess to say that Bush must of done something, because NO alien attack yet. Unless they are waiting for the right President.

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Was Morgan Freeman a choice?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)