Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chief justice Roberts is a genius

Posted by   + Show Post
What do you think of this?

Chief Justice Roberts is a Genius

Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care. The Left will shout that they won, that Obama-care was upheld and all the rest. Let them.

It will be a short-lived celebration.

Here’s what really occurred — payback. Yes, payback for Obama’s numerous, ill-advised and childish insults directed toward SCOTUS.

Chief Justice Roberts actually ruled the mandate, relative to the commerce clause, was unconstitutional. That’s how the Democrats got Obama-care going in the first place. This is critical. His ruling means Congress can’t compel American citizens to purchase anything. Ever. The notion is now officially and forever, unconstitutional. As it should be.

Next, he stated that, because Congress doesn’t have the ability to mandate, it must, to fund Obama-care, rely on its power to tax. Therefore, the mechanism that funds Obama-care is a tax. This is also critical. Recall back during the initial Obama-care battles, the Democrats called it a penalty, Republicans called it a tax. Democrats consistently soft sold it as a penalty. It went to vote as a penalty. Obama declared endlessly, that it was not a tax, it was a penalty. But when the Democrats argued in front of the Supreme Court, they said ‘hey, a penalty or a tax, either way’. So, Roberts gave them a tax. It is now the official law of the land — beyond word-play and silly shenanigans. Obama-care is funded by tax dollars. Democrats now must defend a tax increase to justify the Obama-care law.

Finally, he struck down as unconstitutional, the Obama-care idea that the federal government can bully states into complying by yanking their existing medicaid funding. Liberals, through Obama-care, basically said to the states — ‘comply with Obama-care or we will stop existing funding.’ Roberts ruled that is a no-no. If a state takes the money, fine, the Feds can tell the state how to run a program, but if the state refuses money, the federal government can’t penalize the state by yanking other funding. Therefore, a state can decline to participate in Obama-care without penalty. This is obviously a serious problem. Are we going to have 10, 12, 25 states not participating in “national” health-care? Suddenly, it’s not national, is it?

Ultimately, Roberts supported states rights by limiting the federal government’s coercive abilities. He ruled that the government can not force the people to purchase products or services under the commerce clause and he forced liberals to have to come clean and admit that Obama-care is funded by tax increases.

Although he didn’t guarantee Romney a win, he certainly did more than his part and should be applauded.

And he did this without creating a civil war or having bricks thrown through his windshield. Oh, and he’ll be home in time for dinner.

Brilliant.

Follow I.M. Citizen at IMCitizen.net

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
shimamab
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh yes, it's payback alright. Let's give the nod to his signature piece of legislation while nullifying the whole "govt making you buy something" worry and making the states take the rap if they don't choose to expand Medicaid. He's a genius for sure :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM
3 moms liked this

That'll get 'em where it hurts!

This may be one of the most hilarious examples of  circular logic I've seen in a while.

Was Justice Roberts threatened or something? These bloggers do need to get a grip on reality in so many, many ways.

Quoting shimamab:

Oh yes, it's payback alright. Let's give the nod to his signature piece of legislation while nullifying the whole "govt making you buy something" worry and making the states take the rap if they don't choose to expand Medicaid. He's a genius for sure :)

shimamab
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:58 PM
It really is all perspective...but only time will tell who's reality wins out ;)

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

This may be one of the most hilarious examples of  circular logic I've seen in a while.

Was Justice Roberts threatened or something? These bloggers do need to get a grip on reality in so many, many ways.

Quoting shimamab:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I can see the perspective. 

going crazy

Quoting shimamab:

It really is all perspective...but only time will tell who's reality wins out ;)

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting shimamab:

buttersworth
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Without having figured out the bigger picture that this all must be a part of (because there are other puzzle peices) I can't praise this man as a genius yet...however, we are fortunate -it seems so far- that he has ruled this way. Those who fall for the fictitious 2-party system, depending on their team, might see it as a political set-back or a political victory. I'm much more concerned about the real effects it's going to have on real people. It may be called a tax instead of a penalty, but families will still have to  pay it. He's ruled it unconstitutional, but should we list all the laws passed -and enforced- within the last 10 years that are unconstitutional as well? There are LOTS

The un-Constitutionality of even the IDEA of a health mandate like this is so obvious, and that it passed, is not only sickening but amazing. If it has gone this far, what next? You know, if our congressional and senatorial representatives continue to represent insurance companies and not us, we have a peaceful, moral, lawful recourse to peaceably assemble and air our collective grievances.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

The IRS will come after you if you try to opt out of Obamacare. This will hurt the middle class with much higher taxes etc. Big Gov't under this administration~

joey125
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

It is not a tax on the poor, the poor will get medicaid, the tax will be for people who can afford to buy insurance and don't, its known as personal responsibility.  Anyone voting for Mill Romney should know he has agreed with the mandate and still does,  He has stated that everyone who can afford to buy health insurance should, you should not wait until you get sick, it doesn't work that way, those were his words.  

mehamil1
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I can't really cast my opinion on this. Ask me agian in 20 years. 

jcrew6
by Jenney on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Actually facts. Not semantics.

Thank you op. this was an interesting read.

Quoting mehamil1:

Semantics. Wooo. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Jenney on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Seriously?

Quoting mehamil1:

I can't really cast my opinion on this. Ask me agian in 20 years. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)