Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

It's Been Two Hours Since Eric Holder Was Held In Contempt...

...and there haven't been any threads about it because everyone is in such a froth over the ACA.  LOL!  Here it is, folks:

Attorney General Eric Holder held in contempt of Congress

Eric Holder is pictured. | AP Photo

The vote was 255-67. | AP Photo

Close
By JOHN BRESNAHAN and SEUNG MIN KIM | 6/28/12 4:43 PM EDT Updated: 6/28/12 5:47 PM EDT

The House has voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over his failure to turn over documents related to the Fast and Furious scandal, the first time Congress has taken such a dramatic move against a sitting Cabinet official.

The vote was 255-67, with 17 Democrats voting in support of a criminal contempt resolution, which authorizes Republicans leaders to seek criminal charges against Holder. This Democratic support came despite a round of behind-the-scenes lobbying by senior White House and Justice officials - as well as pressure from party leaders - to support Holder.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77988.html#ixzz1z8IgghbE

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Replies (21-26):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

All I know is that I was quite disgusted with this picture of the Dems little tantrum in my paper this morning.

From left, Rep. Terri Sewell, D-Ala., Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California, Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., and other House Democrats leave Capitol Hill in protest of a vote holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. They did not vote on the resolution.(Jacquelyn Martin, The Associated Press)

Read more:House holds AG Eric Holder in contempt over documents - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_20967191/house-holds-ag-eric-holder-contempt-over-documents?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com#ixzz1zDQ74eFj
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Reminds me of what happened in Wisconsin.when the dems took off.. 

godotherightthi
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Right?!  Why would they turn down the chance to stand and putting a voice to their conscience and representing their constituents by voting?  It's the same as people who choose not to vote in an election, but then complain about the person that's in office.

Quoting Jambo4:

This stamping of their feet and refusing to vote.. what is the logic?  The American people didn't send them there to throw a tantrum but to vote when a vote comes up.

It reminds me of when the Republicans wanted to get a balanced budget passed before the break.  They said America deserved it and they weren't going on vacation until they took care of it.  Nancy Pelosi had a fit and started yelling and demanded to turn the lights off because "she said" and this session was over! 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I suppose they are trying to make a "united front" to show support of suppression of documents and contempt?

Quoting godotherightthi:

Right?!  Why would they turn down the chance to stand and putting a voice to their conscience and representing their constituents by voting?  It's the same as people who choose not to vote in an election, but then complain about the person that's in office.

Quoting Jambo4:

This stamping of their feet and refusing to vote.. what is the logic?  The American people didn't send them there to throw a tantrum but to vote when a vote comes up.

It reminds me of when the Republicans wanted to get a balanced budget passed before the break.  They said America deserved it and they weren't going on vacation until they took care of it.  Nancy Pelosi had a fit and started yelling and demanded to turn the lights off because "she said" and this session was over! 

asfriend
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

old news

Todays news is "secret wiretaps" from the  Holder DOJ

This guy should be under the jail.

Don't look for MSNBC to know anything about it though.

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Trump up charges that will go nowhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttersworth
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Yay!

Now on to the rest of the administration, and obama, for treason

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)