Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Romney "Very Pleased With" Individual Mandate

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

Published on Jun 27, 2012 by 

At a press conference held on March 6, 2006, Mitt Romney said he's "very pleased with" the individual mandate.

Romney press conference Q&A following introduction of Robert Haas as Massachusetts public safety secretary, circa 3/6/06. Footage obtained from the Massachusetts Archives.

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Surely, nanaofsix, you are not trying to falsely give the impression that Romney in the video is referring to Obamacare? I kinda have the impression that you are trying to do exactly that.

The video is from 2006, and Romney is talking about the health care reform passed in his state.  Of course he is not talking about the nationwide mandate in Obamacare.

godotherightthi
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Quoting Meadowchik:

Surely, nanaofsix, you are not trying to falsely give the impression that Romney in the video is referring to Obamacare? I kinda have the impression that you are trying to do exactly that.

The video is from 2006, and Romney is talking about the health care reform passed in his state.  Of course he is not talking about the nationwide mandate in Obamacare.

She outed herself in a previous thread as being okay with false information.  She thinks as long as other people do it, it's okay.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Nope.Sorry was watching 4 of the grand kids today and have been back and forth to the computer.Will fix post.

Quoting Meadowchik:

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

What post and what false information?

Quoting godotherightthi:

Quoting Meadowchik:

She outed herself in a previous thread as being okay with false information.  She thinks as long as other people do it, it's okay.

godotherightthi
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Well don't you believe all the spin and falsehood written about the President?What do you expect non romney voters to believe?

Quoting godotherightthi:

Any look at Romney's record (not the spin and falsehoods of this article) shows Romney fought for the pro-life movement. He can't strike down a super-majority, which is what he had to deal with as governor.

This is what I meant in the other thread about him getting labeled as a RINO for things he had no control over when he was governor. There is a limit to powers at the state level as well. The only thing this proves is that Romney has a hgh level of integrity that honors the law over his own agenda.

from this:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/create_post.php?forum_id=241772&topic_id=16784913&quote_post=192936576

Then you go and post this...it just is all becoming much more clear.

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Meadowchik, I know we fall on different sides of the moderate line, but I do respect your opinion and the thought you bring into these debates. I have actually been very curious as to your take on Romeny/Obama Care and how Romney's legislation and ideas on the programs and mandates, from 2006, are relevant now? I have been meaning to ask you, but do not want some folks on this board to come bashing.

Quoting Meadowchik:

National Woman's Party

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Cool.  I'll write up a new post on it. :)

Quoting NWP:

Meadowchik, I know we fall on different sides of the moderate line, but I do respect your opinion and the thought you bring into these debates. I have actually been very curious as to your take on Romeny/Obama Care and how Romney's legislation and ideas on the programs and mandates, from 2006, are relevant now? I have been meaning to ask you, but do not want some folks on this board to come bashing.

Quoting Meadowchik:

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I think you can offer a unique perspective because you are a Romney supporter (addressing Romney's Mass health plan) and because you live in a country that has a system that has universal health care for all through a combination of government and private insurance. (I am aware that France DOES NOT have socialized medicine. lol)

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting Meadowchik:

National Woman's Party

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I also lived in Switzerland for 3 years, which has a mandate, exchanges, and no public option.

I would like to give this some thorough thought, so I'll put it up next week.  If anyone else interested PM me and I'll PM you the link when it's done, so you don't miss it.  And in the mean time, those who want to could dig around and we might have fun comparing notes.  :)

Quoting NWP:

I think you can offer a unique perspective because you are a Romney supporter (addressing Romney's Mass health plan) and because you live in a country that has a system that has universal health care for all through a combination of government and private insurance. (I am aware that France DOES NOT have socialized medicine. lol

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting Meadowchik:

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN