Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

"Ted" is a cute Bear but not a kids film.

Posted by   + Show Post

This is just a warning for parents who think this would be a good family movie.

As the result of a childhood wish, John Bennett's teddy bear, Ted, came to life and has been by John's side ever since - a friendship that's tested when Lori, John's girlfriend of four years, wants more from their relationship.

---------------------

this film pushes the envelope in raunchy, vulgar humor. Plus the different amount of drugs used. This movie is a very well deserving of a R rating. NOT kid friendly!

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Replies (21-27):
imamomzilla
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks for the head's up. I don't recall seeing any previews for it.

Madagascar 3 was fantastic! I LOLed quite a bit. :-)

shimamab
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Kinda O/T...has anyone seen Brave? What ages is it good for? Was going to take my kids (2.5 and 9) but heard there were a couple parts that might scare my youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

There was some bear attacking but not too bad. It's one of the best movies to come out of Disney in a long time. The ginger girl saves her clan (with her mothers help) and doesn't end up with a man at the end! It was awesome! She was strong and smart and most of all: Brave. 

Quoting shimamab:

Kinda O/T...has anyone seen Brave? What ages is it good for? Was going to take my kids (2.5 and 9) but heard there were a couple parts that might scare my youngest.

shimamab
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Thanks!

Quoting mehamil1:

There was some bear attacking but not too bad. It's one of the best movies to come out of Disney in a long time. The ginger girl saves her clan (with her mothers help) and doesn't end up with a man at the end! It was awesome! She was strong and smart and most of all: Brave. 

Quoting shimamab:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I cried twice. It made my inner feminist sing to see such a strong female character. One of the strongest to come out of a children's movie ever. 

Quoting shimamab:

Thanks!
Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting shimamab:

imamomzilla
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

SPOILER! ugh.

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting shimamab:

gammie
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mommy4000:

Obviously it's not exactly kid friendly. The commercial gives that away. Is there nudity in it?

just the bear lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)