Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Reality Check: If Healthcare Law Is A Tax Is It Now Invalid?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:24 AM
  • 12 Replies

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gammie
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Published on Jun 28, 2012 by

Ben Swann Reality Check breaks down the Affordable Care Act ruling by the Supreme Court and looks at why the determination that the law is a tax, may make it invalid

itsmesteph11
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought of this myself but in all reality, it doesn't matter.   Obama and his administration have ignored many laws and made thier own to suit themselves in the past 3 1/2 yrs. They won't stop now and this won't be going back to the supreme court.   You see how the libs are ignoring the fact that Roberts did say this was unconstitutional in relation to commerce and it was only valid as a tax. Just mention that and watch the libs spin.   LOL  Why would they stop now?  The only way to get rid of it is to get rid of Obama and as many Dems in the senate as possible(at least 4) 

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I've wondered if the Supreme Court was saying this, but not in so many word. Many states are sueing over this so it won't work any way. Heck, even many of the democrats are turning against obama.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Basically the court gave Obamacare to the democrat states and let the republican states opt out.  But the bad part is the middle class in all states will have to pay 75% of all the taxes.

asfriend
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

*luv*

Quoting itsmesteph11:

I thought of this myself but in all reality, it doesn't matter.   Obama and his administration have ignored many laws and made thier own to suit themselves in the past 3 1/2 yrs. They won't stop now and this won't be going back to the supreme court.   You see how the libs are ignoring the fact that Roberts did say this was unconstitutional in relation to commerce and it was only valid as a tax. Just mention that and watch the libs spin.   LOL  Why would they stop now?  The only way to get rid of it is to get rid of Obama and as many Dems in the senate as possible(at least 4) 

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Did I read that they don't plan to go penalize those that don't pay it?

gammie
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Quoting TruthSeeker.:

It's a tax so we know what happens when you don't pay your tax.

This is why they hired more IRS agents.

Obama Zombies will get hit hard because they think they will not have to pay anything. Lol
jcrew6
by Jenney on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Quoting TruthSeeker.:

A delinquent obamacare tax bill may not get you in prison, but it WILL go on your credit record. A red flag like that can keep one from owning a home, a car, getting a job. May as well be prison.
TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

A delinquent obamacare tax bill may not get you in prison, but it WILL go on your credit record. A red flag like that can keep one from owning a home, a car, getting a job. May as well be prison.

So, pretty much we need to cross our fingers and hope dh keeps his job with good insurance and we aren't in the position of having to decide which is more cost effective paying for a private insurance or paying the penalty?

asfriend
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Typical Obama voter is not going to be concerned with those things in the first place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)