Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Blood Money Obama Contributor!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 238 Replies
3 moms liked this

Blood Money: Obama Contributor Ran Fast and Furious

Scandal: A campaign contributor who was an architect of the 1994 assault weapons ban was the mastermind behind the Fast and Furious operation that let guns walk into Mexico, including those that killed two U.S. agents.

Shortly after the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on Dec. 15, 2010, Attorney General Eric Holder's deputy chief of staff, Monty Wilkinson, received an email from U.S. Attorney for Arizona Dennis Burke telling him just that:

"The guns found in the desert near the murder(ed) BP officer connect back to the investigation we were going to talk about — they were AK-47s purchased at a Phoenix gun store."

It is an email that helps demonstrate that Holder, despite his congressional testimony — as vague, contradictory and misleading as it was — could not have been ignorant about Fast and Furious and its deadly consequences.

It also brings to light the name of Dennis Burke, a seldom-mentioned Obama campaign donor who oversaw Fast and Furious and helped convert it from a gun-interdiction to a gun-walking program.

Burke, who resigned shortly after the scandal became public, has long been a gun-ban architect for the Democratic Party.

As a lawyer for the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee, he was behind the ineffectual 1994 "assault weapon" ban that sunset in 2004. Burke was also the chief of staff for Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano for a number of years before she became the secretary of homeland security.

Former Sen. Dennis DeConcini, D-Ariz., had high praise for Burke's 1994 effort: "Dennis had all these pictures of these guns — the street sweepers and the AK-47s. And it passed by one vote. A lot of it was not my eloquence on the bill; it was stuff that Dennis had done."

Burke also is an Obama donor, a prime consideration in the staffing of the Obama administration. Federal Election Commission records show that on Jan. 9, 2008, while working for Napolitano, Burke contributed $2,000 to Sen. Barack Obama's presidential primary campaign. Since 1997, according to FEC records, Burke has given $16,350 to Democratic candidates.

Burke would leave that Gov. Napolitano post to join the Obama transition team. He was soon rewarded for his many contributions, monetary and otherwise, when on July 10, 2009, the president nominated him to be the U.S. attorney in Arizona. The Senate confirmed him that Sept. 15.

In July 2010, Burke told the Arizona Capitol Times there had "clearly been direction provided already by President Obama and Attorney General Holder as to what they want to be doing."

That's an interesting statement, considering what Burke would do and how Holder and Obama would claim they were out of the operational loop.

As Fred Lucas notes in his excellent documentation for CNSnews.com of Burke's record, six weeks after Burke was confirmed, he was named to the attorney general's advisory committee of U.S. attorneys with a specific responsibility to report to Deputy Attorney General David Ogden on border and immigration enforcement.

Ogden's office made a significant change in the federal government's strategy on Fast and Furious. "This new strategy directed federal law enforcement to shift its focus away from seizing firearms from criminals and focus instead on identifying members of trafficking networks," House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa wrote in a May 3 memo to other members of his committee.

Burke oversaw this new strategy, which let guns walk into Mexico and into the hands of the drug cartels. The result was the killing of U.S. agents Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata.

The stench from all this arguably reaches all the way to the Oval Office.

http://news.investors.com/article/616921/201207021850/obama-contributor-ran-fast-and-furious.htm?p=full

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

So? Koch brothers has done a lot of shady things along with ALEC and they are contributing to Romney

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

By the headline I thought you were talking about Robme.Go figure.

Pro-Lifer Romney Says Killing Embryos Is Okay

asfriend
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

So? Koch brothers has done a lot of shady things along with ALEC and they are contributing to Romney

Completely inappropriate response

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Not surprising nana you are silent about this issue facing our Nation~

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe anything that the criminal Issa is involved in.Once I saw his name I knew it was BS.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM
8 moms liked this

It's a shame, instead of discussing your post here, that the Obama supporters simply deflect and must find blame to lie on the other candidate.  If that's the case, they should go make their own threads about their deflections, and then discuss this topic.

This is just another reason why I do not care nor support the current administration.  The more that comes out, the worse it is - you would think people would have enough of seeing what their "man" and "his people" are doing.  But then, it does make me wonder - maybe they approve of all of these shenanigans and that's why they hardly ever come down on their "man?"

_Kissy_
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Funny, cause you think abortion is tearing down the nation. oy vey. 

It must not be that time of the month yet for that.

_Kissy_
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Right because Romney is been knighted as a saint. The man contributed 2,000 dollars to Obama. Not a big headline. Issa has even said he knows Obama is not connected. some how the opposing people can not or will not let that penetrate their hard heads

Rep. Darrell Issa Admits There Is No Evidence Connecting White House To Fast & Furious Scandal

Quoting jcribb16:

It's a shame, instead of discussing your post here, that the Obama supporters simply deflect and must find blame to lie on the other candidate.  If that's the case, they should go make their own threads about their deflections, and then discuss this topic.

This is just another reason why I do not care nor support the current administration.  The more that comes out, the worse it is - you would think people would have enough of seeing what their "man" and "his people" are doing.  But then, it does make me wonder - maybe they approve of all of these shenanigans and that's why they hardly ever come down on their "man?"

asfriend
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM
6 moms liked this

I am going to try to frame this so that even Kissy and Nana can understand.

(wish me luck)

Holder states that we need to change the way that people think about guns, we need to demonize them so that we can enact stricter gun laws in violation of the 2nd amendment.

Obama agrees with this idea, nominates Holder who has a very questionable past to be attorney general.

Obama contributor (and architect of a previous gun ban) is put in charge of distribution of undocumented assault weapons to Mexican Drug cartels, who in turn kill hundreds of Mexican nationals and American citizens.

As always Barack H. Obama  claims to have no idea of what is going on and is shielded by the meida and the Obamabazombies.

Now if Kissy or Nana know of someone that is part of the Romney Campaign that has done this same thing, by all means, please type their name in the little box  and hit "add reply".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)