Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Blood Money Obama Contributor!

Blood Money: Obama Contributor Ran Fast and Furious

Scandal: A campaign contributor who was an architect of the 1994 assault weapons ban was the mastermind behind the Fast and Furious operation that let guns walk into Mexico, including those that killed two U.S. agents.

Shortly after the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on Dec. 15, 2010, Attorney General Eric Holder's deputy chief of staff, Monty Wilkinson, received an email from U.S. Attorney for Arizona Dennis Burke telling him just that:

"The guns found in the desert near the murder(ed) BP officer connect back to the investigation we were going to talk about — they were AK-47s purchased at a Phoenix gun store."

It is an email that helps demonstrate that Holder, despite his congressional testimony — as vague, contradictory and misleading as it was — could not have been ignorant about Fast and Furious and its deadly consequences.

It also brings to light the name of Dennis Burke, a seldom-mentioned Obama campaign donor who oversaw Fast and Furious and helped convert it from a gun-interdiction to a gun-walking program.

Burke, who resigned shortly after the scandal became public, has long been a gun-ban architect for the Democratic Party.

As a lawyer for the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee, he was behind the ineffectual 1994 "assault weapon" ban that sunset in 2004. Burke was also the chief of staff for Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano for a number of years before she became the secretary of homeland security.

Former Sen. Dennis DeConcini, D-Ariz., had high praise for Burke's 1994 effort: "Dennis had all these pictures of these guns — the street sweepers and the AK-47s. And it passed by one vote. A lot of it was not my eloquence on the bill; it was stuff that Dennis had done."

Burke also is an Obama donor, a prime consideration in the staffing of the Obama administration. Federal Election Commission records show that on Jan. 9, 2008, while working for Napolitano, Burke contributed $2,000 to Sen. Barack Obama's presidential primary campaign. Since 1997, according to FEC records, Burke has given $16,350 to Democratic candidates.

Burke would leave that Gov. Napolitano post to join the Obama transition team. He was soon rewarded for his many contributions, monetary and otherwise, when on July 10, 2009, the president nominated him to be the U.S. attorney in Arizona. The Senate confirmed him that Sept. 15.

In July 2010, Burke told the Arizona Capitol Times there had "clearly been direction provided already by President Obama and Attorney General Holder as to what they want to be doing."

That's an interesting statement, considering what Burke would do and how Holder and Obama would claim they were out of the operational loop.

As Fred Lucas notes in his excellent documentation for CNSnews.com of Burke's record, six weeks after Burke was confirmed, he was named to the attorney general's advisory committee of U.S. attorneys with a specific responsibility to report to Deputy Attorney General David Ogden on border and immigration enforcement.

Ogden's office made a significant change in the federal government's strategy on Fast and Furious. "This new strategy directed federal law enforcement to shift its focus away from seizing firearms from criminals and focus instead on identifying members of trafficking networks," House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa wrote in a May 3 memo to other members of his committee.

Burke oversaw this new strategy, which let guns walk into Mexico and into the hands of the drug cartels. The result was the killing of U.S. agents Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata.

The stench from all this arguably reaches all the way to the Oval Office.

http://news.investors.com/article/616921/201207021850/obama-contributor-ran-fast-and-furious.htm?p=full

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Replies (231-238):
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Oh, all the "that's so inappropriate" comments. It's OK. I think  you're kind of funny in a really nasty, grumpy kind of way.

Quoting asfriend:

In what way?

(i am not really a reprimand kinda person,)

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

LOL. Don't bothering trying to reprimand me for being rude. I'll cite this post as an example. 

Quoting asfriend:

Stand your ground had nothing to do with the poor little trayvon, it was simple self defense.

I do not share your anti-American views of ALEC and the NRA.

I know that it is one of the talking points that you hear, over and over, but this whole idea that the right in general and the Koch brothers in particular have bought Democracy, is probably the most asinine, ignorant, ill conceived, stupid plan of attack that you liberal loons could come up with.
There are 14 different foundations, such as the Ford Foundation, Carnegie Foundation, etc, etc, etc, that have over $1 billion on hand to push your liberal agenda, there are 0 conservative organizations that have that amount.

Add to that, the billions that George Soros spreads around, and the favorable media coverage, and yes money does play a role, without all this money, not a single lunatic idea that your side comes up with would ever see the light of day.

Luv to get money out of the elections - Liberalism would die that day.

Quoting LBAY:

ALEC and NRA contribute to Romney both have blood on their hands. ALEC contributed to the death of an innocent teenage boy named Travon Martin, by championing the stand your ground laws. Don't even get me started on the NRA and their contribution to murder in this country.

Furthermore, the Koch brothers are responsible for another type of death: the death of our democracy by attempting to buy elections and suppress voters. That is an assault on the core values our country was founded upon.

Quoting asfriend:

I can't remember talking with you before but I am going to go out on a limb and say that it doesn't take a whole lot to baffle you. Maybe you do not understand the gravity of the situation.

This is NOT - a back and forth between supporters, "you suck, no you suck, you suck more, no you suck more", followed by shimamab explaining that "more" is not a proper modifier for suck.

This Obama supporter was put in charge of the Fast and Furious Operation. This operation Killed People.

I asked this earlier and got zero (0) response. I will try with you.

If you know of Romney supporters that were put in charge of a similar program, please by all means write their name in the little box and hit add reply.

Quoting LBAY:

No I say the ignorant one is the person who cries about liberal supporters when their own are much worse. How you feel Romneys supporters are not fair to bring up is baffling, but typical for a conservative. As long as they agree with you, they should never be questioned. And you call me ignorant! This is too funny.

Quoting asfriend:

Well you are equally ignorant then.

Quoting LBAY:

I think it's a PERFECTLY appropriate response.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

So? Koch brothers has done a lot of shady things along with ALEC and they are contributing to Romney

Completely inappropriate response

asfriend
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh those!

those are supposed to be funny in a grumpy kinda way.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Oh, all the "that's so inappropriate" comments. It's OK. I think  you're kind of funny in a really nasty, grumpy kind of way.

Quoting asfriend:

In what way?

(i am not really a reprimand kinda person,)

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

LOL. Don't bothering trying to reprimand me for being rude. I'll cite this post as an example. 

Quoting asfriend:

Stand your ground had nothing to do with the poor little trayvon, it was simple self defense.

I know that it is one of the talking points that you hear, over and over, but this whole idea that the right in general and the Koch brothers in particular have bought Democracy, is probably the most asinine, ignorant, ill conceived, stupid plan of attack that you liberal loons could come up with.
There are 14 different foundations, such as the Ford Foundation, Carnegie Foundation, etc, etc, etc, that have over $1 billion on hand to push your liberal agenda, there are 0 conservative organizations that have that amount.

Add to that, the billions that George Soros spreads around, and the favorable media coverage, and yes money does play a role, without all this money, not a single lunatic idea that your side comes up with would ever see the light of day.

Quoting LBAY:

ALEC and NRA contribute to Romney both have blood on their hands. ALEC contributed to the death of an innocent teenage boy named Travon Martin, by championing the stand your ground laws. Don't even get me started on the NRA and their contribution to murder in this country.

Furthermore, the Koch brothers are responsible for another type of death: the death of our democracy by attempting to buy elections and suppress voters. That is an assault on the core values our country was founded upon.

Quoting asfriend:

I can't remember talking with you before but I am going to go out on a limb and say that it doesn't take a whole lot to baffle you. Maybe you do not understand the gravity of the situation.

This is NOT - a back and forth between supporters, "you suck, no you suck, you suck more, no you suck more", followed by shimamab explaining that "more" is not a proper modifier for suck.

This Obama supporter was put in charge of the Fast and Furious Operation. This operation Killed People.

If you know of Romney supporters that were put in charge of a similar program, please by all means write their name in the little box and hit add reply.

Quoting LBAY:

No I say the ignorant one is the person who cries about liberal supporters when their own are much worse. How you feel Romneys supporters are not fair to bring up is baffling, but typical for a conservative. As long as they agree with you, they should never be questioned. And you call me ignorant! This is too funny.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

So? Koch brothers has done a lot of shady things along with ALEC and they are contributing to Romney

LBAY
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Self defense!? You don't get to claim self defense when you get out of the safety of your car against the express advice of the 911 operator, and go looking for trouble. Trayvon Martin was the one defending HIMSELF.

Liberalism IS AN AMERIAN IDEA. The purpose of the second Amendment was to be able to defend yourself and your country. Promoting assualt weapons, hollow point bullets used for no other reason than killing PEOPLE, fighting for the widespread use of concealed weapons, or the ability for anyone (including teenagers) to purchase an AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifle at a gun show without having to show ID and without a background check (NRA) and laws that lead to the death of innocent children (ALEC) is NOT American. 

I won't even waste my time on the money in politics crap. If money in politics is benefitting liberals so much, why is Romney out fundraising Obama with donations from only a handful of donors? Why was Citizens United pushed by conservatives? Your whole response is misinformed, ignorant garbage taken straight from the lowest common denominator in the Republican anti-intellectual movement-- anti-American hate mongers like Rush Limbaugh. I won't even waste my time continuing back and forth someone as clearly dimwitted as you. What a moron. I mean, could you be any stupider. I can't...

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

asfriend
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Can't refute any of the points that I make so you insult me, sad really.

Quoting LBAY:

Self defense!? You don't get to claim self defense when you get out of the safety of your car against the express advice of the 911 operator, and go looking for trouble. Trayvon Martin was the one defending HIMSELF.

Liberalism IS AN AMERIAN IDEA. The purpose of the second Amendment was to be able to defend yourself and your country. Promoting assualt weapons, hollow point bullets used for no other reason than killing PEOPLE, fighting for the widespread use of concealed weapons, or the ability for anyone (including teenagers) to purchase an AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifle at a gun show without having to show ID and without a background check (NRA) and laws that lead to the death of innocent children (ALEC) is NOT American. 

I won't even waste my time on the money in politics crap. If money in politics is benefitting liberals so much, why is Romney out fundraising Obama with donations from only a handful of donors? Why was Citizens United pushed by conservatives and decided upon by all conservative judges? Your whole response is misinformed, ignorant garbage taken straight from the lowest common denominator in the Republican anti-intellectual movement-- anti-American hate mongers like Rush Limbaugh. I won't even waste my time continuing back and forth someone as clearly dimwitted as you. What a moron. I mean, could you be any stupider. I can't...

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

LBAY
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

No, actually I did refute your points. I can't help it if you're too dumb to see that. frustrated

Talking to a conservative is like banging your head against the wall and I just don't have time today. Don't blame me for getting upset with people who refuse to accept basic facts! But that means nothing to you becuase I'm sure the "facts have a liberal bias"

"Trying to get today's Republican to accept basic facts is like trying to get your dog to take a pill. You have to feed them the truth wrapped in a piece of bologna, hold their snout shut and stroke their throat. And even then, just when you think they've swallowed it, they spit it out on the linolium...half the public doesn't believe in reality."

The Conservative Bubble: Republicans are protected by a body guard of "duh" a shell of super hardened bullshit. A membrane so tough, the  only thing that gets in is Fox News and the only thing that comes out are misspelled signs and babies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEElA5b4AkM

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

I won't even waste my time on the money in politics crap. If money in politics is benefitting liberals so much, why is Romney out fundraising Obama with donations from only a handful of donors? Why was Citizens United pushed by conservatives and decided upon by all conservative judges? Your whole response is misinformed, ignorant garbage taken straight from the lowest common denominator in the Republican anti-intellectual movement-- anti-American hate mongers like Rush Limbaugh. I won't even waste my time continuing back and forth someone as clearly dimwitted as you. What a moron. I mean, could you be any stupider. I can't...

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

asfriend
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

More insults............

Did someone hire you to do this?

Quoting LBAY:

No, actually I did refute your points. I can't help it if you're too dumb to see that. frustrated

Talking to a conservative is like banging your head against the wall and I just don't have time today. Don't blame me for getting upset with people who refuse to accept basic facts! But that means nothing to you becuase I'm sure the "facts have a liberal bias"

"Trying to get today's Republican to accept basic facts is like trying to get your dog to take a pill. You have to feed them the truth wrapped in a piece of bologna, hold their snout shut and stroke their throat. And even then, just when you think they've swallowed it, they spit it out on the linolium...half the public doesn't believe in reality."

The Conservative Bubble: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEElA5b4AkM

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

LBAY
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I insult you becuase you deserve to be insulted. We don't have to agree to have a meaningful conversationg--even if we disagree, when you are willing to have the discussion based on logic, reason, facts, etc. we can talk. But it's impossible with people like you. You make up your own "facts" and ignore everything else, spewing easily refutable garbage and demanding that your opinions be given equal weight and merit. 

People who ignore basic facts and logic to frame their arguments don't deserve respect  or equal consideration for their opinions in the marketplace of ideas .

Quoting asfriend:

More insults............

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

asfriend
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

The LUV the marketplace of ideas, I have never noticed you there, typically Liberals do not know that place exists.

I look forward to enlightening you.

Quoting LBAY:

I insult you becuase you deserve to be insulted. We don't have to agree to have a meaningful conversationg--even if we disagree, when you are willing to have the discussion based on logic, reason, facts, etc. we can talk. But it's impossible with people like you. You make up your own "facts" and ignore everything else, spewing easily refutable garbage and demanding that your opinions be given equal weight and merit. 

People who ignore basic facts and logic to frame their arguments don't deserve respect  or equal consideration for their opinions in the marketplace of ideas .

Quoting asfriend:

More insults............

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting LBAY:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)