Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Allen West: President Obama Wants Americans To 'Be His Slave'...

The Huffington Post  |  By Posted: 07/02/2012 2:36 pm Updated: 07/03/2012 12:57 pm

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) can't seem to stay out of the spotlight, for better or for worse.

During a Sunday rally with constituents in a newly drawn district he wants to represent, West accused President Barack Obama of wanting to enslave the American public.

"He does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American," West said, according to a WPTV report. "He'd rather you be his slave."

West is running against Martin County Sheriff Bob Crowder in the Republican primary, set for Aug. 14. The WPTV report quotes Crowder saying he is "offended" by the things that come out of West's mouth.

"I think trying to label some people that he would have to work with in Congress as being Communists ... I just think that's the wrong thing to do," Crowder said.

West raised some eyebrows in April when he claimed as many as 80 House Democrats are Communists. His remarks came after he compared being gay to picking a favorite ice cream flavor, said that a motorcycle was like touching his wife, and warned that people would be on "a suicide mission" if they challenged his support for the House GOP budget plan.

About 30 protesters showed up at West's Sunday event and said they wished he had stayed in his old district instead of moving to theirs. Congressional redistricting left West more vulnerable in his current seat in District 22, so he recently moved to what is now District 18, where he has a better shot at winning.

Despite hugely out-raising Crowder, West still faces a tough fight: A prominent national pundit on Monday ranked West as the most vulnerable member in the Florida delegation to lose to the other party. His Democratic challenger is Patrick Murphy.

This man makes it harder and harder for m to respect him...im sorry

love you signExercising Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding...

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
cbk_mom3
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM
7 moms liked this

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

lol...YOU are talking about uncalled for?

BWAHAHHAHAHA

Quoting imamomzilla:

He's "ignorant"? Wow. Need a mirror?

That was uncalled for. *smh

Quoting mommygiggles317:

Quoting 29again:

Why?  Because he is not afraid to speak the truth?  I see nothing wrong with what he has said...  You don't see that more and more regulations, higher and higher deficits, a higher debt ceiling every few months are all making us slaves?  We will NEVER be free of this debt if things continue the way they are.  And I'm sorry, but having rules for every single aspect of my life, fees and fines wherever I turn, doesn't make me feel very free, kwim?

West wouldn't know the truth if it ran up on him and screwed him from behind... The man is an asshole, an ignorant one at that...

throwing up

asfriend
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

I'll be Obamas slave. Don't think Michelle would like that too much.

;p

you already are

mommygiggles317
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting mommygiggles317:

Quoting 29again:

Why?  Because he is not afraid to speak the truth?  I see nothing wrong with what he has said...  You don't see that more and more regulations, higher and higher deficits, a higher debt ceiling every few months are all making us slaves?  We will NEVER be free of this debt if things continue the way they are.  And I'm sorry, but having rules for every single aspect of my life, fees and fines wherever I turn, doesn't make me feel very free, kwim?

West wouldn't know the truth if it ran up on him and screwed him from behind... The man is an asshole, an ignorant one at that...

There's that Christian attitude..YOU GO GIRL...

Hey... I know I have my flaws... I'm still a work in progress... Funny how people get on others about their gut reactions to ignorance but have nothing to say about the ignorant shit that comes out of the mouths of fools like this dude... okay, rant over...

O/T:.. there was so much that I wanted to say to you in regards to our other conversation... I really want to address everything that you said... I tried to, but it was too long and I couldn't post it and after cutting so much stuff, I said to hell with it...

love you signExercising Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding...

asfriend
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

~luv~

Quoting BoysManDog:

Yes, well .. Black men are not allowed to stray from the fold, are they?   Why, of course, he must be stupid, crazy, and controlled by white people, because black folks are just too damn dumb to think for themselves, right?

What's ironic is that in both instances, democrats think black people are idiots.  To a democrat, blacks are so incompetent that they cannot even manage to aquire a photo id!  That's just too hard for them!  They can't get a job on their merits.  That's just too hard!  They can't be expected to get good grades to get into school.  They can't do that!  Too hard!  But if they don't drink the democrat kool aid?  Well, they are stupid, too!  So the democrat position is that ALL black people are stupid.  Stupid victims if they are dems and stupid crazies if they are Rep. 

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Quoting mommygiggles317:

.. I tried to, but it was too long and I couldn't post it and after cutting so much stuff, I said to hell with it...

Well, that's a bummer..

asfriend
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting mommygiggles317:

The Huffington Post  |  By Posted: 07/02/2012 2:36 pm Updated: 07/03/2012 12:57 pm

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) can't seem to stay out of the spotlight, for better or for worse.

During a Sunday rally with constituents in a newly drawn district he wants to represent, West accused President Barack Obama of wanting to enslave the American public.

"He does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American," West said, according to a WPTV report. "He'd rather you be his slave."

West is running against Martin County Sheriff Bob Crowder in the Republican primary, set for Aug. 14. The WPTV report quotes Crowder saying he is "offended" by the things that come out of West's mouth.

"I think trying to label some people that he would have to work with in Congress as being Communists ... I just think that's the wrong thing to do," Crowder said.

West raised some eyebrows in April when he claimed as many as 80 House Democrats are Communists. His remarks came after he compared being gay to picking a favorite ice cream flavor, said that a motorcycle was like touching his wife, and warned that people would be on "a suicide mission" if they challenged his support for the House GOP budget plan.

About 30 protesters showed up at West's Sunday event and said they wished he had stayed in his old district instead of moving to theirs. Congressional redistricting left West more vulnerable in his current seat in District 22, so he recently moved to what is now District 18, where he has a better shot at winning.

Despite hugely out-raisingCrowder, West still faces a tough fight: A prominent national pundit on Monday ranked West as the most vulnerable member in the Florida delegation to lose to the other party. His Democratic challenger is Patrick Murphy.

This man makes it harder and harder for m to respect him...im sorry

I sincerely doubt that he is looking for your respect.

Unlike Obama, West is someone that actually transcends color, I can see where you would hate that.

itsmesteph11
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't know what it is about some people and hearing the truth. They just can't handle it.

asfriend
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting itsmesteph11:

I don't know what it is about some people and hearing the truth. They just can't handle it.

There is a large segment out there that no truths fit their agenda.

cbk_mom3
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting itsmesteph11:

There is a large segment out there that no truths fit their agenda.

Sure there is! But, it's their own truth, and they make it up as they go along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)