Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama’s NASCAR Tickets Go For Less Than Face Value…

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM
  • 20 Replies

Obama’s NASCAR Tickets Emblazoned With His Name Raffled Off For Charity, Go For Less Than Face Value…

Ouch.

Via Sporting News:

When President Barack Obama turned down free tickets to this weekend’s Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, the track hoped to auction off the “presidential” tickets to raise big money for charity.

Instead, the tickets went for less than face value.

The four tickets, which are emblazoned with Obama’s name and the White House address, were sold for $300. Bidding began at $100 and the tickets, which are for some of the best seats at the track, are valued at $110 each.

“Though it didn’t create the frantic, high-paced competitive bidding that we had hoped, it did raise $300 for Speedway Children’s Charities,” NHMS president Jerry Gappens said in a release from the track.

The two-week auction was won by Chesterfield, Mass. native Francine Slesinski, who has attended every NASCAR race at the speedway for the last 10 years.

“Francine got a great bargain, excellent seats to the biggest sporting event in New England and a one-of-a-kind collectible!” Gappens said.

“I planned on getting tickets anyway, but when I saw those up for auction I had to get them,” Slesinski said.

(wz)

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

The Sprint Cup is NOT the "biggest sporting even in New England." Not by a long shot. The Boston Marathon, the GHO and any Patriots home game have far more appeal to the average sports fan then a car race.

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Wow, starting your I hate Obama tirade early this morning.
PamR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

What's wrong, couldn't find a story about golfing today?

Yet another issue of importance in this election year!

shimamab
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow, so NASCAR fans don't like Obama? Shocking! 

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
The race is in New England? Do New Englanders watch NASCAR?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Aw. lighten up, pamr.

Please go pacify yourself reading your 'Liberals are More Intelligent..' post. We all know how important that issue is to you. ;-)

Quoting PamR:

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Quote:

Aw. lighten up, pamr.

Please go pacify yourself reading your 'Liberals are More Intelligent..' post. We all know how important that issue is to you. ;-)

Quoting PamR:

Oh Zilla, you're so very predictable.  When you are at a loss, attempt to divert attention from your fail.   Do you ever actually try to find articles about real issues to discuss? 

imamomzilla
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I guess so. A couple of friends went to the Pocono 400. I don't know what the attendance was...but it was a pretty big deal.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

The race is in New England? Do New Englanders watch NASCAR?

imamomzilla
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you ever attempt to open your eyes? I posted at least 4 of them today.

smile mini 

As usual, you hone in on the fluff... so you can whine and file your usual complaints. Guess you can't handle adult conversations and big words. aw.

What's your favorite color? LOL

Quoting PamR:

Quote:

Aw. lighten up, pamr.

Quoting PamR:

Oh Zilla, you're so very predictable.  When you are at a loss, attempt to divert attention from your fail.   Do you ever actually try to find articles about real issues to discuss? 

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

mehamil1
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

But...you posted the fluff...

What the hell? 

Quoting imamomzilla:

Do you ever attempt to open your eyes? I posted at least 4 of them today.

smile mini 

As usual, you hone in on the fluff... so you can whine and file your usual complaints. Guess you can't handle adult conversations and big words. aw.

What's your favorite color? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)