Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama’s NASCAR Tickets Go For Less Than Face Value…

Posted by   + Show Post

Obama’s NASCAR Tickets Emblazoned With His Name Raffled Off For Charity, Go For Less Than Face Value…

Ouch.

Via Sporting News:

When President Barack Obama turned down free tickets to this weekend’s Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, the track hoped to auction off the “presidential” tickets to raise big money for charity.

Instead, the tickets went for less than face value.

The four tickets, which are emblazoned with Obama’s name and the White House address, were sold for $300. Bidding began at $100 and the tickets, which are for some of the best seats at the track, are valued at $110 each.

“Though it didn’t create the frantic, high-paced competitive bidding that we had hoped, it did raise $300 for Speedway Children’s Charities,” NHMS president Jerry Gappens said in a release from the track.

The two-week auction was won by Chesterfield, Mass. native Francine Slesinski, who has attended every NASCAR race at the speedway for the last 10 years.

“Francine got a great bargain, excellent seats to the biggest sporting event in New England and a one-of-a-kind collectible!” Gappens said.

“I planned on getting tickets anyway, but when I saw those up for auction I had to get them,” Slesinski said.

(wz)

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
_Kissy_
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Yee haw.
Might as well tried to sell them at a klan meeting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That happens at auctions all the time, people like to get stuff at auctions because you can get a good deal.

shimamab
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

So Romney is brave and principled to take his message to an "unfriendly" audience at the NAACP, but Obama letting his image be used to make money for a charity (not self-interest campaigning) at an unfriendly venue is something to mock...hmmm, I see. 

cbk_mom3
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I might have bought them, you know, for when we are out of toilet tissue...

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

LOL And I woke up worried about jobs for Americans today but this is so much more intelligent to worry about.

imamomzilla
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

I <3 U, CBK!

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Well, I might have bought them, you know, for when we are out of toilet tissue...

29again
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Not surprising.  Obama has not shown any love to NASCAR. 

cbk_mom3
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I luvs u too, ima!

Quoting imamomzilla:

sidesplittinglaughter

I <3 U, CBK!

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:58 AM

That's Pennsylvania, zilla.

Quoting imamomzilla:

I guess so. A couple of friends went to the Pocono 400. I don't know what the attendance was...but it was a pretty big deal.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

The race is in New England? Do New Englanders watch NASCAR?

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:28 AM

And United States geography isn't your subject of choice.

:)

Quoting imamomzilla:

Oops.

NASCAR isn't my sport of choice. :-)

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

That's Pennsylvania, zilla.

Quoting imamomzilla:

I guess so. A couple of friends went to the Pocono 400. I don't know what the attendance was...but it was a pretty big deal.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

The race is in New England? Do New Englanders watch NASCAR?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)