Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Campaign Ads in Swing States

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

I live in a state that is solidly blue, so I see almost no political ads from either candidate.  A few here and there, but very few.

Visited Florida recently, and OMG.  The amount of ads from both candidates was ridiculous.  Pretty much every commercial break there was an ad from one of the parties.  It was ridiculous really, and I kept thinking about how much money we owe, yet the candidates can run up bills this way?  I'd love to see limits placed upon campaign spending.  It's really too much.

Does anyone even watch these ads seriously?  I never assume what is stated in any of them is true, so they really aren't worth my time (other than watching out of curiosity).  Just had to vent, it's such a waste.

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
_Kissy_
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I'm in a red state and haven't seen ads from either candidate, however I got a "send money now" from Ann Romney. I took advantage of the prepaid postage and sent a "letter" and gave them a piece of my mind. They wont care but it felt good saying it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LIMom1105
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Quoting _Kissy_:

I'm in a red state and haven't seen ads from either candidate, however I got a "send money now" from Ann Romney. I took advantage of the prepaid postage and sent a "letter" and gave them a piece of my mind. They wont care but it felt good saying it.

I get Obama mailings, but I'm also a registered Dem, so that's where I assumed it was coming from. 

I'm curious to hear from other swing state residents, is the advertising crazy or what?

mehamil1
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I'm in a solid blue state "Illinois", however, during this time my aunt who lives in Ohio refuses to turn on the radio or the tv. 

I do feel bad for people who live in swing states. This nonsense really should not go to the extent that it does. 

matreshka
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I live in Mass and have seen no ads yet, thankfully.  I think they will start full force after the conventions.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I'm in a swing state, but I don't have regular tv so I can't say.

I do know that Romney is not putting in the money to the state like he has in the past.  He's has a different financial strategy this time around.  More of a full court press, one place at a time, is what I hear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN