Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

OT: George Zimmerman Says He Wouldn’t Do Anything Differently: ‘It Was God’s Plan’ For Me To Kill Trayvon Martin

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 28 Replies

George Zimmerman Says He Wouldn’t Do Anything Differently: ‘It Was God’s Plan’ For Me To Kill Trayvon Martin

Tonight, George Zimmerman — who is currently facing second degree murder charges for killing Trayvon Martin — participated in a highly unusual interview on Fox News with Sean Hannity.

Hannity asked Zimmerman if he regretted getting out of his car to follow Trayvon, carrying a gun, or anything at all about the night he killed Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman said he regretted nothing because he believed “it was all God’s plan.” He also said there isn’t anything he would do differently in retrospect.

Watch it:

Earlier, Zimmerman did reiterate his apology to Martin’s family, which he first made during his first bail hearing. He added he would like an apology from Spike Lee and other critics, stating “if I did something wrong I would apologize.”

UPDATE

At the very end of the interview, Zimmerman goes back and to the question and says “I do wish there was something, anything I could have done that would have put me in the position where I didn’t have to take his life. And I do want to tell everyone…that I’m sorry that this happened.”

UPDATE

Trayvon’s father responds:

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM

The nerve of that guy..

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM
So he, knowing what he knows now, would still follow and kill an innocent person?
shimamab
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

God's plan? What a freakin' insensitive a**hole. I'm sure the Martin's just love hearing how, even if he COULD change what happened, he WOULDN'T. What kind of psycho says that??????

imamomzilla
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Out of context. *sighs

I can't believe how gullible some people are. Look what's in quotation....do the research. Dur.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

resipsa
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Zimmerman didnt do anything wrong so he should feel that way.

shimamab
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Watched the video...he took himself out of context?? Because he clearly says he wouldn't do anything diff.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Out of context. *sighs

I can't believe how gullible some people are. Look what's in quotation....do the research. Dur.

imamomzilla
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Kissy's quote in the title...followed by the misleading text is what I was referring to. Pure sensationalism and some fell for it.

If you watched the whole video, it would become obvious that it was self-defense.

Quoting shimamab:

Watched the video...he took himself out of context?? Because he clearly says he wouldn't do anything diff.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Out of context. *sighs

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Could have not followed the kid and let the police handle it. Gross to say it was God's plan. We don't know "God's" plan and very presumptuous to say ones does. We need to change that law and this guy should do time for shooting the boy.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Quoting resipsa:

Zimmerman didnt do anything wrong so he should feel that way.

The moment he got out of his car with a loaded gun to follow someone, he did something wrong. Neighborhood watches are not supposed to be armed, and not only was he directed to not follow, neighborhood watches are also told in training to not get out and confront people. His poor adult judgement led to the death of a teen-ager.

shimamab
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I don't think it's "obvious" self-defense. It's his version that we have no way of verifying at this point. Regardless, even killing someone in self-defense and being given the option to say "I would've stayed in the car" or "I wish I wasn't there that night" is what a decent, moral human being would say. Heck, even a "I wish he wouldn't have attacked me forcing me to shoot him" would be better than what he said. Disgusting statement, IMO.
Quoting imamomzilla:

Kissy's quote in the title...followed by the misleading text is what I was referring to. Pure sensationalism and some fell for it.

If you watched the whole video, it would become obvious that it was self-defense.

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Out of context. *sighs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)