Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Solyndra cash in Obama’s pocket?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this
At an exclusive re-election fundraiser tonight, President Obama hobnobbed with 60 of his wealthiest supporters, including two figures at the center of the Solyndra loan controversy.
Steve Westly, a Silicon Valley venture capitalist, was one of the first to raise red flags about the administration’s support for a $500 million loan to Solyndra, the solar energy start-up that later went bankrupt. He wrote directly to senior Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett in 2010 to raise concerns about the company’s viability ahead of the president’s high-profile visit that year.
Matt Rogers, a former senior adviser at the Department of Energy, played a key role in approving Solyndra’s loan as part of the stimulus plan.

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/t/blogEntry?id=16841585

How much of a bonus did solyndra execs receive after taking 385 million from taxpayers?

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/22/bonuses-given-after-raises-at-solyndra/?page=all

Obama supporters, are you happy to see it going back into Obama's Campaign Pocket?

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

That's a slippery slope...kind of like money laundering only "legally" by technicality..

jcrew6
by Jenney on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I wonder if Obama Supporters view this as a positive or negative?  They seem so concerned about Romeny's donors, bundlers, and associations.  Does Obama get a free pass? 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

That's a slippery slope...kind of like money laundering only "legally" by technicality..

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I just happen to have that information for you. There were more than a dozen top Solyndra executives that received large bonus' in addition to their already generous salaries, such as:

Karen Alter --- Sr. V.P of marketing, base salary, $275,000/yr, received a $55,000 bonus in April & again in July, 2009.

Ben Bierman ---Ex. V.P of operations & engineering, base salary, $300,000/yr, was awarded $60,000 in April & again in July, 2009.

Will Stover ---Chief Financial Officer, base salary, not mentioned but also twice received a $60,000 bonus.

Chris Gronet---Former CEO  was awarded a $456,000 severance package, although at the time Bankruptcy papers were filed he had not received the money. 

No severances were given to the roughly 1,100 employees who were laid off after Solyndra declared bankruptcy.

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

As I've stated before, I swear the man could, in broad daylight, pull out a gun and shoot someone for no reason and his supporters would have an excuse for him. 

Quoting jcrew6:

I wonder if Obama Supporters view this as a positive or negative?  They seem so concerned about Romeny's donors, bundlers, and associations.  Does Obama get a free pass? 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Jambo4
Why are there so many trolls on CM? I am so sorry your life is unfulfilled.
Yesterday at 3:28 PM
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Xlandria:

I just happen to have that information for you. There were more than a dozen top Solyndra executives that received large bonus' in addition to their already generous salaries, such as:

Karen Alter --- Sr. V.P of marketing, base salary, $275,000/yr, received a $55,000 bonus in April & again in July, 2009.

Ben Bierman ---Ex. V.P of operations & engineering, base salary, $300,000/yr, was awarded $60,000 in April & again in July, 2009.

Will Stover ---Chief Financial Officer, base salary, not mentioned but also twice received a $60,000 bonus.

Chris Gronet---Former CEO  was awarded a $456,000 severance package, although at the time Bankruptcy papers were filed he had not received the money. 

No severances were given to the roughly 1,100 employees who were laid off after Solyndra declared bankruptcy.

ouch!

jcrew6
by Jenney on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I wonder if Obama Supporters actaully care about the 1% profiting off of the taxpayer, then funneling it back into the campaign..  

Quoting Xlandria:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting Jambo4:

Yup. Obama cronies get a free pass. Or at least a costly one to taxpayers. But Obama supporters are concerned about Romney's associations?

Hard to sling crap without getting their own hands dirty, eh?
erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Wait,

I thought this is how it's always done???????????

Someone donates to campaign, that person gets favors/grants/laws to help them.

It's called "pay to play".

Both side do it.  Unions and Environmentalists on the Dem side.  The Business community on the Rep side.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

jcrew6
by Jenney on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting erika9009:

Wait,

Both side do it.  Unions and Environmentalists on the Dem side.  The Business community on the Rep side.

Taking taxpayer money, going bankrupt, getting a bonus while employees get nothing, then attending a pricey fundraiser. It is slightly more shady than pay to play, IMO.
erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting erika9009:

Wait,

Taking taxpayer money, going bankrupt, getting a bonus while employees get nothing, then attending a pricey fundraiser. It is slightly more shady than pay to play, IMO.

I guess it is a bit weirder, but it seems to be part of the game the president plays.  Things seem to be a tad weirder than we think.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)