Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hi Everyone,

My husband Robert & I created a singing group with some people in our church. We call ourselves One Voice. One of our members wrote (what we are calling) a love song for America.  We are really at a crossroads in our country with alot of our freedoms being taken away. It is time for us to remember where we came from and how much our founding fathers sacrificed so that we could have freedom. We thought this song might help people remember..*smile*

If anyone would like to see the video for this song it can be found at:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqtqDg2TpE&feature=plcp (The loud voice in the middle of the song is mine...lol)

Thanks for reading this...*smile*

Jill

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Replies (201-210):
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

My America is a secular nation, welcoming to people of all faiths and those with no faith at all, without governmental imprimature on any religion, so government and faith are not entwined, and someone else's holy books and religious beliefs are not the laws of the land.

VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My observations:  Short, stinging sentences are indicative of a person who does not wish to reveal very much, as does a private profile.

That to me indicates also a person who is very intolerant of other people.

But most of all, she also seems to want to protect herself from being hurt.

She wants to stab first before being stabbed, in her mind.

It is also very possible she is using this place to get back at something that has been done to her in real life.

She might feel she does not have to be accountable to whom she goes after, since this is cyberspace.

All we can counter with is our true selves through words.  Being human, we will be either assertive or aggressive. 

We can try to reason, like typical people would, but after a while since she will not budge, the natural course of action is to ignore her.

Anything we might say to her will just be thrown back in our faces, so why continue to deal with her?

It is very difficult to be kind to a person like this, to continue to have a conversation with her.

However, when I leave it is not because I feel defeat, as if the enemy has driven me off.

I am one of those who will "shake the dust from my sandals" and move on.

At that point I hand the situation over to God...

Veronica-Observer of people and teacher for 21 years

Quoting Carpy:

I would like to know that as well.  She is so quick to toss that word around she has become the little boy who cried wolf. 

Quoting jcribb16:

Posters have gotten pm'd by CM for calling someone a "liar."  How come you get away with it?  Since they say it's personally insulting someone. (And you have been complaining of being personally insulted.)

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You are a liar, again! lol

They were NOT made by his cobbler, unless his cobbler works for Prada

Although Pope John Paul II often wore brown shoes, other pontiffs have also worn red shoes. Benedict's shoes, which stand out against his spotless white robes, also serve as a reminder of the many years he wore the red cloth of a cardinal.

Quoting Carpy:

They are not 500 bucks, they are red because red is the color of shoes the popes wear because they represent martyrdom.  They were made by the popes cobbler. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They cost $ 500

Quoting Carpy:

Lets not forget Gucci shoes are made in Italy and are not an expensive shoe to purchase IN Italy.

Quoting jcribb16:

But there is a double standard when many pics are shown.  When Ima does it,  she is scolded for not taking part correctly.  When you did it, you got scolded.  However, if you shouldn't be scolded for posting your pics, then Ima shouldn't be scolded for her pics.  Doesn't this just seem a little off balance in here?  I'm not zeroing in on you, so much, as I am for making a point of the unfairness of it on both sides.

Another thing, if Michelle Obama "bought" her shoes with her own money, then how do you honestly know or don't know if the Pope paid for his shoes with his own money?  I'm not speaking of the other things that are part of the church that he uses; only the shoes, since it was brought up about both of them, and their "expensive" shoes. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

offended by my pics? don't look at them

They speak the TRUTH as I see it./.

I didn't ask for approval

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I did see. 

Quoting imamomzilla:

Disgusting is putting it mildly, Pema. I hope you noted who started it with the offensive graphics and immature memes.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Another thread that started nice and has dissolved into something disgusting, Bravo once again.

matreshka
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Agreed. A member was sharing part of her life and whether or not we agree with it, it should be respected.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Another thread that started nice and has dissolved into something disgusting, Bravo once again.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting LBAY:

"Would have been"? he wasn't. He was a jew.

Jesus of nazareth called himself the messiah, which translates to "christ." His followers formed a new religion after his death and called themselves christians.I

Its not even clear that he meant to start a whole new religion, or whether he was simply trying to reform judaism.

Heresy LBAY, your words reflect false teachings and a lack of understanding concerning Christianity. Matthew 24:24

Quoting Carpy:

No shit it's a fact.  Do you think Jesus Chirst would have been Christian?

Quoting LBAY:

Omg. a whole week without crapy and here she is to swoop in and add some negativity. And the first thing she does is to start name calling and telling people they are ignorant for stating known and indisputable facts. If you want to engage me in conversation, please use civil discourse, and I am happy to do the same. otherwise please keep your nastiness to yourself.

jesus was a jew. That is a fact.

Quoting Carpy:

I think I would have to label that statement, the epitome of ignorance

Quoting LBAY:

Whoa! So anyone not a christian is an "outsider", possible satan worshiper and means "nothing"? You do know jesus was not a christian, right?

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I hope you get used to me also. I am here to stay.

This was between sweet-a-kins and me, remember?

Just because you can throw out a few Scriptures here and there means nothing to me.

Why?  You do not in the slightest form begin to understand me nor what I represent.

You are an outsider.

My God is the one I take instruction from:  Not you, nor Satan who is behind your twisted form of support and debate.

Veronica

Quoting mehamil1:

I have the gall to do a lot of things, get used to it. I am not afraid of you. I will throw an accurate scripture at you. You are criticizing and judging sweets for no real good reason. Jesus said not to judge because we all sin. We all have logs in our eyes. We all have filters. We all have our own issues and it clouds our judgements. Which is why we should refrain from judging others. 

You claim to love that man. You claim to be a follower of his. Why aren't you acting in his example? Would Jesus talk the way you are talking to Sweet? If you think he would then I don't think we have a similar idea of who Jesus was and what he came to do. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

It is appalling to me that you,  who does not really follow a Church at all,  has the gall to throw out Holy Scripture at me.

This is very shaky defense of the one you are defending.

When you can show by your own example, then you will be more credible,

Veronica

Quoting mehamil1:

You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:5 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Kate, right now you are so blind and so lost.

I feel such sadness for you and others who use the debate tactics that you do, trying to demean Christians and Roman Catholics.

Your (plural) tactics are signs of some former sorrow that has transformed into an aggressive and condemning spirit, of one who does not walk in confidence of anything positive, only revenge and lashing out as a result of being hurt deeply, most likely to your core.

I have given you something to ponder and right now you are fighting it.

The enemy wants you for himself. I hope in your intelligence and when you get to the very bottom of your heart and spirit you will see that.

I pray, through your defensiveness and hardness of heart you will see that sooner or later, for the sake of your eternity,  you choose to see the light.

It is your choice, Kate.

Take care,

Veronica

PS.  If you would know me in real life, you would see that I am not brainwashed.

God protects me totally from your unkind remarks

You know..for someone who says she's a Jew..(and I think..not sure but I think she said she was an unpracticing one)..who should know how people AGAINST the Jews are trying to deny even the holocaust, ..it amazes me that she's here on this post now trying to make it out like Jesus isn't who He IS..the CHRIST..

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM

clapping

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting LBAY:

Lol. Oooooooooook!
Only it's true.

Heresy? Whoa you gonna burn me at the stake?

You do like the drama, don't you!? You continually claim facts when you spread false teachings. Your comments reflect pride & arrogance. Certainly not virtues of the Holy Spirit. Followers of Jesus Christ did not start a new religion, the HOLY SPIRIT instituted Christianity. Are you familiar with 'The Descent of the Holy Spirit' upon Mary & the Holy Apostles? God is the Author of Christianity, not mere human beings. He sent the Holy Spirit on Pentecost to enlighten the 1st Christians to build His Church. Jesus worked interiorly thru his 12 Apostles { Matthias replaced Judas Iscariot who betrayed Christ for 30 pieces of silver } on the day of Pentecost to speak about the marvels of God Acts 2:4. When Pentecost day came around they all met in one room. Suddenly they heard what sounded like a powerful wind from Heaven, the noise which filled the entire house. Something appeared to them that seemed like tongues of fire, these separated & came to rest on the head of each of them { the 12 Apostles }. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Now there were devout men living in Jerusalem from every Nation under Heaven Acts 2:1-5. Peter stood up with the Apostles & addressed the ppl in a loud voice, repent & be baptized, you will rec' the gift of the Holy Spirit Acts 2:38. Those present accepted what Peter said & were baptized. That very day about 3000 were added to their number Acts 2:41. The early Christians. Christianity enters the world. Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Pentecost Alleluia~+

Jesus was born of a humble Jewish maiden named Mary. Yes, He is a Jew, his mother Mary a Jew, his foster father Joseph a Jew but Christianity bears the fruits of the Holy Spirit, the Gospels will spread thru out the world by the grace of the Holy Spirit and the Christian Church. Send forth your Spirit dear Lord and you shall renew the face of the earth~ 

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting LBAY:

Jesus of nazareth called himself the messiah, which translates to "christ." His followers formed a new religion after his death and called themselves christians.I

Its not even clear that he meant to start a whole new religion, or whether he was simply trying to reform judaism.

Heresy LBAY, your words reflect false teachings and a lack of understanding concerning Christianity. Matthew 24:24

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Quoting jcribb16:

Lol, did I say I was denying it?  I guess you overlooked the red part where the religion part was the one thing He "corrected" its errors on - which is the part that means that Jews do not believe Jesus has come again - they are still waiting on the Messiah to come.  He was trying to show them that He is the Messiah, has already come, and will come again, to take with Him, those who believe on His name.  Ethnicity as a Jew - yes, He was that and followed that - I never said He didn't.

Wonderfully said!!

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I first see your avatar is a wine glass, and that your profile is private. That speaks volumes to me.

To respond to you, I will say this:

It is not my purpose to please you or any human being on here.

I do treat people the way I expect to be treated. With the exception of this forum:  Election 2012 Talk and Debate, on Cafemom and the rest of the Internet and Skype I get treated very much with love and I have always encouraged and loved back. Between those women, men and me on the Internet there is constant mutual , beautiful and full understanding.

This place is NOTHING like that. It is very hostile.

Here, as a Roman Catholic,  I will not hesitate to point out to a person who has used a post to insult our Pope that I feel they are out of line. 

I don't know sweet-a-kins from Adam, yet have been purposely made a target for her wrath against Roman Catholicism. I truly believe she want to have a conversation, but at this point it will happen rarely because of her aggressive attitude, twisted remarks and attempts to destroy my credibility as a person who loves and follows God.

She has my prayers and my sympathy for her at the moment. 

However, by her remarks, I see she is not changing, so I feel it is time to move on.

I am used as God directs me, for each individual person I encounter. That is something between me and Him, only.

Also, if what I am saying as a Christian or what anyone else is saying is keeping you from attending Church,  that is YOUR fault, your choice.

I will not take responsibility for that.

Hopefully, you will find a congregation that pleases you in real life.

Life with God in one's life is one well worth living.

I will pray you have success in finding a place where you feel comfortable and can flourish with other people.

Veronica

Very WELL  said Veronica.. The OP is a new poster and was attacked..which lead to this communication.

clapping

VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I truly appreciate raphaella for letting us talk this whole thing out in her post.

Veronica

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I first see your avatar is a wine glass, and that your profile is private. That speaks volumes to me.

To respond to you, I will say this:

It is not my purpose to please you or any human being on here.

I do treat people the way I expect to be treated. With the exception of this forum:  Election 2012 Talk and Debate, on Cafemom and the rest of the Internet and Skype I get treated very much with love and I have always encouraged and loved back. Between those women, men and me on the Internet there is constant mutual , beautiful and full understanding.

This place is NOTHING like that. It is very hostile.

Here, as a Roman Catholic,  I will not hesitate to point out to a person who has used a post to insult our Pope that I feel they are out of line. 

I don't know sweet-a-kins from Adam, yet have been purposely made a target for her wrath against Roman Catholicism. I truly believe she wants  to have a conversation, but at this point it will happen rarely because of her aggressive attitude, twisted remarks and attempts to destroy my credibility as a person who loves and follows God.

She has my prayers and my sympathy for her at the moment. 

However, by her remarks, I see she is not changing, so I feel it is time to move on.

I am used as God directs me, for each individual person I encounter. That is something between me and Him, only.

Also, if what I am saying as a Christian or what anyone else is saying is keeping you from attending Church,  that is YOUR fault, your choice.

I will not take responsibility for that.

Hopefully, you will find a congregation that pleases you in real life.

Life with God in one's life is one well worth living.

I will pray you have success in finding a place where you feel comfortable and can flourish with other people.

Veronica

Very WELL  said Veronica.. The OP is a new poster and was attacked..which lead to this communication.

clapping

PeeperSqueak
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so glad this is still going...: )  Wonderful post....thanks again !

LBAY
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Well the fact that we disagree offers more evidence of why religion should be personal and not inserted into govnt.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting LBAY:

If you agree he is a jew then what are you complaining about? Maybe you believe in the holy spirit starting christianity from a theological perspective, but from a historical perspective it went down like I said. Seriously, think what you want, I have no desire to debate finer points that mean nothing to my original point. I am talking logic and you are taking belief. It ain't gonna work.

Your perception of Christianity is false & denies the reality of history presented thru out the Centuries. You see with 'man's eyes' not God's. God's wisdom reveals historical events far surpassing human knowledge & intelligence. The Sacred Scriptures represent God's wisdom touching the earth for his children to embrace & reflect upon~

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting LBAY:

Lol. Oooooooooook!
Only it's true.

Heresy? Whoa you gonna burn me at the stake?

You do like the drama, don't you!? You continually claim facts when you spread false teachings. Your comments reflect pride & arrogance. Certainly not virtues of the Holy Spirit. Followers of Jesus Christ did not start a new religion, the HOLY SPIRIT instituted Christianity. Are you familiar with 'The Descent of the Holy Spirit' upon the Virgin Mary & the Holy Apostles? The Holy Trinity is the Author of Christianity, not mere human beings. Jesus worked interiorly thru his 12 Apostles { Matthias replaced Judas Iscariot who betrayed Christ for 30 pieces of silver } on the day of Pentecost to speak about the marvels of God Acts 2:4. When Pentecost day came around they all met in one room. Suddenly they heard what sounded like a powerful wind from Heaven, the noise which filled the entire house. Something appeared to them that seemed like tongues of fire, these separated & came to rest on the head of each of them { the 12 Apostles }. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Now there were devout men living in Jerusalem from every Nation under Heaven Acts 2:1-5. Peter stood up with the Apostles & addressed the ppl in a loud voice, repent & be baptized, you will rec' the gift of the Holy Spirit Acts 2:38. Those present accepted what Peter said & were baptized. That very day about 3000 were added to their number Acts 2:41. The early Christians. Christianity and the Church enters the world. Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Pentecost Alleluia~+

Jesus was born of a humble Jewish maiden named Mary. Yes, He is a Jew, his mother Mary a Jew, his foster father Joseph a Jew but Christianity bears the fruits of the Holy Spirit, the Gospels will spread thru out the world by the grace of the Holy Spirit and the Christian Church. Send forth your Spirit dear Lord and you shall renew the face of the earth~ 

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting LBAY:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN