Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Leviticus 18:22 (piog)

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 25 Replies

Leviticus 18:22, which reads: "You shall not lie with a man as one lies with a woman, it is an abomination

Ok. I think this verse is impying that it is okay to LIE to women.

If it was stating a man should not be with another man, It would read "You shall not lay with a man as one lays with a woman, it is an abomination.

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Lie is an intransitive verb (one that does not take an object), meaning "to recline."  Its principal parts are lie (base form), lay (past tense), lain (past participal), and lying (present participle).
> You lie down on the sofa to watch TV and spend the entire evening lying there; you do not lay down on the sofa to watch TV and spend the entire evening laying there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM

In the spiritual way you lay with your spouse forever.

Quoting Fields456:

Lie is an intransitive verb (one that does not take an object), meaning "to recline."  Its principal parts are lie (base form), lay (past tense), lain (past participal), and lying (present participle).
> You lie down on the sofa to watch TV and spend the entire evening lying there; you do not lay down on the sofa to watch TV and spend the entire evening laying there.
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this
[quote name="_Kissy_" id=

I will lay in bed with my husband until I die, but I lie in bed with him every night

The following is one that I found that describes them.

The English verbs lay and lie are commonly confused by even native English speakers. I'm not lying when I say that you can now lay your fears of not knowing the difference to rest.

Lay

Lay is a transitive verb, which means that it must be used with a direct object. The past tense of lay is laid.

Please lay the books on the table.
I laid the books on the table.

Have you ever seen a chicken lay an egg?
The chicken just laid two eggs.

"Now I lay me down to sleep..."
He laid himself down to sleep.

Lie

Lie is an intransitive verb, which means it cannot have a direct object. The past tense of lie is lay.

Lie down next to me.
I lay down next to her.

I just want to lie in bed all day.
Yesterday, he lay in bed all day.

Don't lie on the floor!
I lay on the floor last week and you didn't say anything.

Lie (past participle lied) means to say something untrue.

Don't lie to me.
He lied about where he got the money.

The Bottom Line

There are two problems here. One is that lie and lay mean more or less the same thing; it's just that lie is intransitive and lay is transitive. In addition, the past tense of lie is identical to the present tense lay. Just remember that in the present, you lie down/on/in, but you lay something. Once you've got that straight in your head, you just need to work on the past tenses and you'll be all set - no lie!

Lay means "to place something down." It is something you do to something else. It is a transitive verb.

Incorrect: Lie the book on the table.
Correct: Lay the book on the table.
(It is being done to something else.)

Lie means "to recline" or "be placed." It does not act on anything or anyone else. It is an intransitive verb.

Incorrect: Lay down on the couch.
Correct: Lie down on the couch.
(It is not being done to anything else.)

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:16 AM
3 moms liked this

Kissy you are obsessed with homosexuality.... 

His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16~

heidimoose134
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Well that's an interpretation I haven't heard yet. lol

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Kissy you are obsessed with homosexuality.... 

His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16~

And this could very well mean your interpretation..

Pema_Jampa
Please send me a email! I just love sharing them in the group for all to see. Pretty please..
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:22 AM

You'd think after so long we'd know what it meant? Oh well,not Christian so whatever.

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:24 AM

And the Bible is open to interpretation, that's why its been translated so many times

Quoting heidimoose134:

Well that's an interpretation I haven't heard yet. lol

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:29 AM

You'd think, huh?

I'm a religimutt, so I try to make sense of it all.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

You'd think after so long we'd know what it meant? Oh well,not Christian so whatever.

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Quoting _Kissy_:

Kissy no response to my response Is it because it actually explains it In grammar terms of the English language ? Or is it because you can't argue with it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)