Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Moms Matter Road Trip: Discussing Obama in Jacksonville, FL

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 64 Replies

Another day, another swing state visit for our election road trip.

Election correspondent Linsday Ferrier headed to an Obama campaign stop in Jacksonville, Florida where she talked to supporters of both the president and presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

They shared their honest opinions about the candidates (no holding back here!) and said what they think their favorite needs to do in order to win in Florida this fall.

Who do you agree with in this video? Have you decided yet who you'll vote for - and if so, why did you pick that candidate?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
10 moms liked this

"his hands are tied"... whines, excuses, all from the Obama supporters on why he hasn't panned out to BE more... NOT one mentioned what he accomplished or WHY we should consider voting for him again based on what he's delivered.

PeeperSqueak
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
8 moms liked this

Interesting.....how the majority of the Romney supporters are wearing red, white and blue and holding the US Flag......the BO supporters....kinda drab and unhappy looking folks IMO.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM
8 moms liked this

I agree with the Romney supporters holding the sign saying WE BUILT OUR BUSINESS and the lady that says she's praying Romney wins so we won't lose the way of life we've had. 

unknownstar
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont vote!!!!

MrsMae
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:10 AM
20 moms liked this

Why is it that people don't understand that the republicans have never been for the poor and down trodden. In order to hurt black America, you have to hurt white America as well.  Now, since the Obama regime, all of a sudden folks have gotten mad and want to take America back. Back to what/back to where is my question?You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy Company officials to dictate energy policy and push us to invade Iraq. You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed NOthreat to us. You didn't get mad when we spent $800 billion (and counting) on said illegal wars. You didn't get mad when over 200 million people lost their lives because of no health insurance.  You didn't get mad about the 6 million jobs that Bush's outsourcing policies sent to other countries. You didn't get mad when Bush ran up 10 trillion dollars in combine deficits.  BUT, YOU FINALLY GOT MAD WHEN A BLACK MAN WAS ELECTED AS PRESIDENT OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY AND DECIDED THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO TO THE DR. WHEN THEY ARE ILL. YES, ILLEGAL WARS, LIES, CORRUPTION, TORTURE, JOB LOSS BY THE TRILLIONS, STILLING OUR TAX DOLLARS TO MAKE THE RICH RICHER, AND THE WORST ECONOMIC DISASTER SINCE 1929 IS ALL OKAY WITH SOME OF YOU!  BUT, HELPING SICK AMERICANS OH, HELL NO HE MUST GO.  WELL, A LITTLE NOTE TO REMEMBER: MITT ROMNEY SAID "HE IS NOT CONCERN ABOUT THE VERY POOR AND THE ELEDERLY" THE REPUBLICANS HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO HELP THE LOW INCOME, POOR AND UNDER EDUCATED IN THIS COUNTRY.  IF YOU ARE NOT RICH OH, WELL! OUR KIDS ARE DUMMER THAN EVER! THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION IN THIS COUNTRY IS AT AN ALL TIME LOW. THE STATES LIED ABOUT THE LOTTERY AIDING THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS AND NO ONE IS QUESTIONING "WHERE IS THE MONEY FOR SCHOOLS"?  BUT WE ARE BRINGING EVERY CULTURE TO THIS COUNTRY AND GIVING THEM THE JOBS.  WELL, WHO'S GOING TO BY THE PRODUCTS MADE BY CHINA, JAPAN AND INDIA? PLEAE KEEP IN MIND AS WE AGE, THESE UNEDUCATED PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF US. NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE, YOUR CHILDREN WILL THROW YOU TO THE WOLVES. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL REGARDLESS IF YOU ARE DEMOCRATIC OR REPUBLICAN.  PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS MY ENTIRE FAMILY'S  VOTE AND MY CHURCH OF 2500 MEMBERS!! IF HE WERE FULLY WHITE, WOULD YOU ALL FEEL DIFFERENT ABOUT WHAT HE HAS  TRIED TO DO?.  HIS HANDS HAVE BEEN TIED BY SOME OF THE RACISTEST PEOPLE IN AMERICA. EVERYBODY HAS FOUGHT HIM ON EVERY HAND SO, THERE IS JUST NO WIN!

MrsMae
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:16 AM
6 moms liked this

WHAT WAY OF LIFE? WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST THERE WAY OF LIFE.  DON'T BE SELFESH! WE ALL BETTER BE IN THIS TOGETHER.  IF THE SHIP GOES DOWN, WE ALL GO DOWN.  REMEMBER THAT!  IF THERE ARE NOT JOBS, THEN YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BECAUSE NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO SHOP IN YOUR ESTANLISHMENT.  ROMNEY CERTAINLY IS NOT COMING TO GIVE YOU BUSINESS.  REMEMBER YOU ARE BENEATH HIM!

MrsMae
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

RODNEY KING (MAY HE RIP) SAID "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONE"?

MrsMae
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM

WE MAY NEVER KNOW ALL THAT HAS HAPPEN  AND IS HAPPENING IN THIS COUNTRY, BUT MY FATHER IN HEAVEN SITS HIGH AND LOOKS LOW.  HE SEES AND KNOW ALL.  MY MOTHER SAID, HE IS LOOKING AND BOOKING;  REMEBER HE IS THE REAL FIRST COMPUTER AND HE TRACKS EVERY THING. I'M JUST SAYING!

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a Republican.

Thank God we don't have the victim mentality  Our kids would have no future................

I attend a church where we're taught to do the right thing and God will do the rest.

See Obama go after the Catholic Church.  See him push gay marriage. He is prochoice.

My Baptist church still frowns on that.

Compromisers.

Poor?  The way of the transgressor is hard.......  ( the Bible).

littlelamb303
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:53 AM
12 moms liked this

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

I am a Republican.

Thank God we don't have the victim mentality  Our kids would have no future................

I attend a church where we're taught to do the right thing and God will do the rest.

See Obama go after the Catholic Church.  See him push gay marriage. He is prolife.

My Baptist church still frowns on that.

Compromisers.

Poor?  The way of the transgressor is hard.......  ( the Bible).

WOW, I worked for the catholic church for MANY  years and they are EVIL, they have NO room to talk about anything.  Obama is NOT pushing gay marriage or going after the catholic church. He is trying to prevent people like YOU from pushing your views on US

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN